Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 7/12

There is only one relationship that matters and that is your personal relationship to a personal Redeemer and Lord. Let everything else go, but maintain that at all costs, and God will fulfill His purpose through your life. --Oswald Chambers

The more we love God the more we will obey. The more we obey the more we will be aware of the reality of Christ in our lives. The more we are aware of Christ in our lives, the more victory we will experience. The more victory we experience, the less difficult the choices are and the less conflict we have within ourselves. --Norma Becker

The treasure to be found in the quiet times alone with the Lord can seldom be found in the rush of a too-busy day. --Herman Riffel

God’s promise to be with us until the end of the age does not guarantee that there will be no difficulties as we proclaim the message. But, in the midst of the storm, our Lord is there with us.

Our Lord is called the “Most High” for a reason: No love is more expansive. God’s love reaches beyond our mistakes, our fears, and our sin. Tonight, take a close look at the stars. If you can’t imagine anything higher, remember that God’s love stretches farther.

God can turn setbacks into comebacks.

First Thessalonians says, “Pray continually” (5:17). How do we do that? We can pray as soon as we wake up in the morning and thank God for another day to praise and to serve. When at home we can pray for our family and loved ones. At work we can pray for our colleagues, our bosses, and the business. Travelling also brings opportunities to pray — for those we sit by on the train or bus. Travelling by car, we can pray for other drivers and for the safety of all who are on the road. When walking, we can pray for those we see and for the families in the houses we pass. Travelling by air gives us an opportunity to pray for the places we are visiting or flying over. Prayer can be as natural and continual as breathing.

Puppies and Snow by Russ Lawson
I’m convinced that God must know how to smile, maybe even laugh right out loud. I think that’s one of the reasons he gave us puppies.
I enjoy snow, even though I view it with the realization that there is always work connected with it, shoveling, etc. I think it is wonderful to look at and thoroughly enjoy its beauty, in fact this morning Melody and I enjoyed a beautiful sunrise over the snow covered countryside.
This week we had an unusually deep snow for us and our little, black Peek-a-poo dog had to struggle to get through it. It brought back memories of her and her experience with her first snow.
I remember very clearly that as she went outside, we watched curiously as she ventured out into snow for the first time. At first somewhat tentatively putting down her feet, but after about ten minutes she decided that she loved it. She began bounding around in the deepest snowdrifts she could find and in moments she was completely covered with snow. All we could do is just laugh at her sheer joy in discovering snow.
When was the last time you had that much-uninhibited joy in life? When is the last time you appreciated some gift of God as common as snow? When is the last time your heart was so filled with joy that you bounced up and down with enthusiasm? When was the last time you counted your blessings?
The Apostle Paul tells us in Philippians 4:4 “Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, rejoice.” James 1:17 tells us, “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.”
Now you may not bounce around like a puppy (but then you might too), but start today to try and appreciate some of the good things our God has given us!
May God grant each of us the ability to find something to “rejoice” about today.

HOW DO YOU HANDLE ADVERSITY? Author Unknown
A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.
Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water. In the first, she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil without saying a word. In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl.
Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me what do you see?"
"Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied. She brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they had gotten soft. She then asked her to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg. Finally, she asked her to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich aroma, and then asked, "What's the point, Mother?"
Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity - boiling water - but each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior. But, after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water they had changed the water.
"Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?"
The question today is, "Which one are you?". Are you the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity, do you wilt and become soft and lose your strength?
Are you the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did you have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have you become hardened and stiff? Does your shell look the same, but on the inside are you bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and a hardened heart?
Or are you like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor.
If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When the hours are the darkest and trials are their greatest, do you elevate to another level? How do you handle adversity?
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (James 1:2-4)

ANOTHER TIME by Russ Lawson
Have you ever noticed how busy your life is? I mean, really, think back a few years to when you were somewhat younger and you weren’t nearly as busy; were you? I was thinking about it today and wondering if we are really busier; or just as we age we move that much slower. I don't like to admit that I just might be moving a little slower now days, but it's possible I guess.
At another time I would have gotten my work done much quicker. Another time I would have been able to schedule more visits and personal time into my schedule. Another time I would have been able to set more time aside to exercise, read, paint, talk with others, etc. At another time I had more energy, more stamina, perhaps even more creativity.
I try my best not to think about "other times," because I believe we need to live in the present. Some folks seem to spend most of their time living in the past, talking about what they had done at another time. Their lives revolve around reliving things they used to do and never get around to doing anything now.
I don't care if you are talking to someone about a club, a church, or a family; many will focus on how good things were "back then," and not contribute to the now.
In Philippians 4:8 Paul writes, "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
It may just be my current frame of mind, but I noticed that nowhere did he mention dwelling on our past good deeds or the past good things that happened. His whole instruction is looking to the now!
In Luke 9:62 Jesus is giving some instructions to those who would follow him. Notice what he says, "But Jesus told him, 'Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.'"
My goal is to encourage you to move forward, step out, get out of your comfort zone (or recliner chair) and do something for God, His church and others now. It's good to remember what you did in the past, but what are you doing now. Jesus also said, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16). How are you doing?

Doubt by Russ Lawson
Do you ever have doubts about your life or perhaps about your faith? I think we all do at one point or another in our lives. Not that we doubt God or his ability, but many times we doubt ourselves and whether or not we are really pleasing to God.
In David Heller's book, Dear God: Children's Letters to God. He has recorded many insights from children, such as:
"Dear God, What do you do with families that don't have much faith? There's a family on the next block like that. I don't want to get them in trouble, so I can't say who. See you in church. Alexis (age 10)
Dear God, I have doubts about you sometimes. Sometimes I really believe. Like when I was four and I hurt my arm and you healed it up fast. But my question is, if you could do this why don't you stop all the bad in the world? Like war. Like diseases. Like famine; Like drugs; and there are problems in other people's neighborhoods, too. I'll try to believe more. Ian (age 10)"
Doesn't that sound like us? Sometimes we really believe, but we have our doubts sometimes, don't we?
One of the problems is that we look at those around us and think, "I wish I could be like them". "I wish I could have their faith". But what we don't realize is that they are thinking the same thing about us. We don't have the ability to see into their hearts and minds and know how often others (just like us) doubt themselves.
In Mark 9:20-24 we see a perfect example of doubt and faith concerning a father and son possessed by and evil spirit, in need and their relationship to Jesus. We read, "So they brought the boy (to Jesus). But when the evil spirit saw Jesus, it threw the child into a violent convulsion, and he fell to the ground, writhing and foaming at the mouth. "How long has this been happening?" Jesus asked the boy's father. He replied, "Since he was a little boy. The spirit often throws him into the fire or into water, trying to kill him. Have mercy on us and help us, if you can." "What do you mean, 'If I can'?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes." The father instantly cried out, "I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!" (NLT)
Doesn't that sound exactly like us at times? I know it sounds like me! I do believe, but at times it doesn't seem like enough. I just don't know if I can make it through this life with the amount of faith I have or if I can really be pleasing to God.
In Mark, Jesus understood the problem of the father's faith and did what was necessary to help. Do you think he is any less understanding with us? No, he is caring and compassionate and wants everyone to be saved 2 Peter 3: 9.
Dear God, I believe, but help me in the times of my weakness to overcome my unbelief.

GETTING IT WRONG by Russ Lawson
Have you ever done something and realized (sometimes immediately) that you made the wrong decision? Most probably you have, I think it is part of being human.
Sometimes the bad decisions are obvious, glaring things that stand out for all to see, sometimes, they are things of which only you are aware.
I started thinking about this when I read an article that told that bubble pack was originally marked as wall paper. I honestly can't see how they ever thought that would work, but then I'm looking at it from a background that says, "bubble pack is used to pack stuff."
As I do a quick review of my life, I can quickly find many things that I made the wrong decisions about. Now, I could dwell on those things and worry about them and let them control my life and make me miserable, but I'm not going to do that. I choose to focus on the good stuff.
I've known some folks in my life, who have done nothing but remember their wrong decisions. They worry about them to the point that they come to believe that they have no worth; no value even to God. How could God possibly forgive them if they can't forgive themselves?
If you are a fan of the Anne of Green Gables books and movies, you may remember one scene where Anne comments that "Everyday is brand new, free of mistakes." What a wonderful concept and one that is so true.
In 1 John 1: 8-9 we read, "If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness." (NLT)
Honestly, this is my favorite (at least one of them) scripture in the Bible. In this scripture we find hope when we make the wrong decisions. We find promise that we can start over fresh with each new day. What does it take? Admitting we messed up and believing what God says, when he says he will "cleanse" us.
It seems sometimes that I work overtime at getting it wrong in my life; I think the wrong things, say the wrong things and do the wrong things. But our God "is faithful and just to forgive us our sins."
You see, it's God's love that brings us forgiveness when we get it wrong in life; it's our responsibility to accept that forgiveness and get on with living for him.

Entrust Yourself To God’s Hands by Oswald Chambers
Perseverance means more than endurance— more than simply holding on until the end. A saint’s life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see, but our Lord continues to stretch and strain, and every once in a while the saint says, “I can’t take any more.” Yet God pays no attention; He goes on stretching until His purpose is in sight, and then He lets the arrow fly. Entrust yourself to God’s hands. Is there something in your life for which you need perseverance right now? Maintain your intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
through the perseverance of faith. Proclaim as Job did, “Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him” (Job 13:15).

Pruning Of A Believer’s Life by Anna Graham Lots
The fruit of the vineyard is only borne in abundance on tender, fairly new growth. As the wood of a branch gets older, it tends to get harder. So even though a branch is living and is connected to the vine, it can become barren. Still leaving the branch connected to the vine, the gardener cuts back the old, hard wood, forcing it into new growth that will produce fruit instead of just more wood and leaves. In fact, there are times when he cuts the branch back so drastically all that is left of it is the connection to the vine.
Jesus described this drastic pruning in a believer's life when He explained that the Gardener "cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit." There are times when God cuts everything out of our lives except our relationship with Jesus. He forces us to pay attention to our relationship with Him because that's all we have. And in the process, our "connection" to the Vine is enlarged and fruit is produced.

How To Beat The Heat Author Unknown
1. Refresh your mind by reading the Good News in the Bible.
2. Face the billowy breeze of the Holy Spirit
3. Swim continually in God’s love.
4. Shower yourself with God’s beautiful blessings.
5. Drink from the springs of living water that will quench your thirst forever.
6. Keep cool and calm in the middle of an argument.
7. When you receive lemons, make tasty lemonade.
8. Break the ice with someone with whom you are holding a grudge.
9. Create a pleasant climate in your home where joy can grow.
10. Splash on all of God’s gifts and become a sweet-smelling fragrance.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Beloved, don't despise the process. There are still things I want to bring forth from your life that have not yet matured. Discern and refuse the temptation to be intolerant or impatient. This progression will take time to develop, so settle that factor as part of your pattern of advancement. Don't be in a hurry; savor the moments that bring revelation and spiritual growth, says the Lord. Your harvest is undeniable. Mark 4:26-29 And He said, "The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground, and should sleep by night and rise by day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he himself does not know how. For the earth yields crops by itself: first the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head. But when the grain ripens, immediately he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come."

Keep your spirit clear and maintain peace. These are days when the enemy will bring all manner of temptation and distraction, but you must not deviate from truth, righteousness, and spiritual focus. Set your heart to be in complete unity with Me and My kingdom, says the Lord. I am yours, and you are Mine. Treasure these times when, faced with temptation, you overcome! Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

It is important to your well-being for you to stay in the Spirit. You must not evaluate your circumstances, indeed your very life, according to how you feel. Exercise control over your emotions by rising up spiritually where you can be objective. Otherwise, prepare for the roller-coaster ride that will be the result of emotional instability. Abide in Me, says the Lord, and I will be your place of strength and stability. 1 Peter 5:10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.

Even though it might seem to you that you have been taking one step forward and two steps back, you will now enter a season of acceleration where you can see that your progress is actually significant. The struggle has skewed your sense of perspective and the proportion of progress to setbacks. Be assured that I am with you every step of the way to bring you through to complete victory, says the Lord. 1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

Pay attention and watch for valuable insights that will prepare you and facilitate your spiritual development. You are ready to proceed and take the next step in a series of actions and understanding necessary to this vital process of spiritual growth. I have called you, My people, to a closer walk with Me, and that will require that you leave behind the hindrances that keep you from intimacy with Me, says the Lord. Proverbs 4:12 When you walk, your steps will not be hindered, and when you run, you will not stumble.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Destiny is being formed in you. I have placed in you words of destiny and now I am drawing them back out by My own power and by My own presence. This is a time of acceleration and fulfillment, for these are the days of restoration. These are the days when you will come forth in faith. Watch for opportunities. Awaken when I call you. I am equipping you and you are going to see astounding things. Eye has not seen, and ear has not heard of the glorious things that I am about to do. You, My people, are My temple. Let faith arise in your hearts. Let the word of power be found in your mouth.

AFTER THE RAIN Author Unknown
Whatever your cross,
whatever your pain,
there will always be sunshine,
after the rain.
Perhaps you may stumble,
perhaps even fall,
But God’s always ready,
To answer your call.
He knows every heartache,
sees every tear,
A word from His lips,
can calm every fear.
Your sorrows may linger,
throughout the night,
But suddenly vanish,
in dawn’s early light.
God is waiting,
somewhere above,
To give you His grace,
and send you His love.
Whatever your cross,
whatever your pain,
God always sends rainbows,
after the rain.

Broken Lives by Nancy Burr
One day changed our lives forever,
Terror and panic and pain.
Satan is sure alive and well,
For innocent lives were slain.
All over the world people are shocked,
They're dazed and keep asking, "WHY"?
It's hard to explain to terrified kids,
When all we can do is cry.
I know You're in heaven listening Lord,
I know You hear all the cries.
Lord please surround Your loving arms,
Around all those broken lives.
Many are weary, filled with sorrow,
They're angry, afraid and weak.
Heal them O Lord; release them from pain,
Please comfort them as they weep.
Oh Father we need to feel Your touch,
The pain just won't go away.
We need to feel Your warm tenderness,
For we feel we've lost our way.
Stay close to us as we try to move on,
Lord fill us with a new hope.
Take away all the fears that we have,
And give us Your strength to cope.
You O God are much bigger than this,
You're mighty and You're strong.
Be our shield; protect us from harm,
>From those who do us wrong.
Rescue us Lord from our enemies,
Today and throughout the years.
Arm us with strength and give us peace,
Free us from all our fears.
You're in control; our eyes are on You,
We get on our knees and pray.
You fill us with hope and show us that You,
Are guiding each of our days.
Give us wisdom to do the right thing,
Help us to love and not hate.
For judgement is Yours, Yours alone,
And good will come if we wait.
Yesterday, today and forever,
Your love it stays the same.
You never change; You're faithful and true,
Forever we'll praise Your name.

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

11 For as the heavens are high above the earth, So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; 12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:11-12

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. Romans 8:1-5

God’s Everlasting Love
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:31-39

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. 4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. 6 He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday. 7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass. 8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret—it only causes harm. Psalm 37:3-8

Listen to the Quiet by Sally I. Kennedy
When the electricity went out recently, I was impressed with how quiet it was. We live with continual background noise. Indoors we have the sounds of air conditioning units, washers and dryers, tv's, computers, telephones, computers, fax machines, answer machines, stereos, and kids. Outdoors are lawnmowers, leafblowers, trains, airplanes, insects, birds, animals, cars and cell phones.
We have all kinds of noise inside our heads, too. Past tapes, what others have said and done, things we have done or told ourselves. And what about the noise our hearts make? They laugh, cry, remember, and talk to us too!
I don't think of myself as somebody who leads a fast-paced, jet-set life. That is until I notice how long it takes me to relax and unwind. Getting quiet doesn't happen quickly for me. Sometimes I even have to consciously work at it. Even David, songwriter extroadinaire, wise warrior, and anointed King of Israel, needed to be reminded by God to "Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)
It's a noisy world. And we all need a quiet place in the midst of all the noise. A safe place, where we can BE STILL, and hear the Lord. He very much wants to tell us how much he loves us, and how unique and special we are to him.
Ask him to help you find a safe place, a place where you can go and listen to the quiet. Thank God he provides places for us, whether inside our mind and heart, or in a physical spot. Journey there and see what wonderful surprises Jesus has planned to share with you in this brand new day of Today that you've never seen before.

Come Near Me And Give Me Rest
O my Savior, I am overtired and weary; the strain of my life has exhausted me; the pressure of daily business has robbed me of my old elasticity and spring. I have no strength even to cast my load on You. Forgive me for my lack of simple, childlike faith. Come near and give me rest. Take the burden I cannot cast on You; hush the fears I cannot allay; wipe the tears I cannot keep back. --F. B. Meyer

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 7
The Family of Issachar
1 The sons of Issachar were Tola, Puah, Jashub, and Shimron—four in all. 2 The sons of Tola were Uzzi, Rephaiah, Jeriel, Jahmai, Jibsam, and Shemuel, heads of their father’s house. The sons of Tola were mighty men of valor in their generations; their number in the days of David was twenty-two thousand six hundred. 3 The son of Uzzi was Izrahiah, and the sons of Izrahiah were Michael, Obadiah, Joel, and Ishiah. All five of them were chief men. 4 And with them, by their generations, according to their fathers’ houses, were thirty-six thousand troops ready for war; for they had many wives and sons. 5 Now their brethren among all the families of Issachar were mighty men of valor, listed by their genealogies, eighty-seven thousand in all.
The Family of Benjamin
6. The sons of Benjamin were Bela, Becher, and Jediael—three in all. 7 The sons of Bela were Ezbon, Uzzi, Uzziel, Jerimoth, and Iri—five in all. They were heads of their fathers’ houses, and they were listed by their genealogies, twenty-two thousand and thirty-four mighty men of valor. 8 The sons of Becher were Zemirah, Joash, Eliezer, Elioenai, Omri, Jerimoth, Abijah, Anathoth, and Alemeth. All these are the sons of Becher. 9 And they were recorded by genealogy according to their generations, heads of their fathers’ houses, twenty thousand two hundred mighty men of valor. 10 The son of Jediael was Bilhan, and the sons of Bilhan were Jeush, Benjamin, Ehud, Chenaanah, Zethan, Tharshish, and Ahishahar. 11 All these sons of Jediael were heads of their fathers’ houses; there were seventeen thousand two hundred mighty men of valor fit to go out for war and battle. 12 Shuppim and Huppim were the sons of Ir, and Hushim was the son of Aher.
The Family of Naphtali
13 The sons of Naphtali were Jahziel, Guni, Jezer, and Shallum, the sons of Bilhah.
The Family of Manasseh (West)
14 The descendants of Manasseh: his Syrian concubine bore him Machir the father of Gilead, the father of Asriel. 15 Machir took as his wife the sister of Huppim and Shuppim, whose name was Maachah. The name of Gilead’s grandson was Zelophehad, but Zelophehad begot only daughters. 16 (Maachah the wife of Machir bore a son, and she called his name Peresh. The name of his brother was Sheresh, and his sons were Ulam and Rakem. 17 The son of Ulam was Bedan.) These were the descendants of Gilead the son of Machir, the son of Manasseh. 18 His sister Hammoleketh bore Ishhod, Abiezer, and Mahlah. 19 And the sons of Shemida were Ahian, Shechem, Likhi, and Aniam.
The Family of Ephraim
20 The sons of Ephraim were Shuthelah, Bered his son, Tahath his son, Eladah his son, Tahath his son, 21 Zabad his son, Shuthelah his son, and Ezer and Elead. The men of Gath who were born in that land killed them because they came down to take away their cattle. 22 Then Ephraim their father mourned many days, and his brethren came to comfort him. 23 And when he went in to his wife, she conceived and bore a son; and he called his name Beriah, because tragedy had come upon his house. 24 Now his daughter was Sheerah, who built Lower and Upper Beth Horon and Uzzen Sheerah; 25 and Rephah was his son, as well as Resheph, and Telah his son, Tahan his son, 26 Laadan his son, Ammihud his son, Elishama his son, 27 Nun his son, and Joshua his son. 28 Now their possessions and dwelling places were Bethel and its towns: to the east Naaran, to the west Gezer and its towns, and Shechem and its towns, as far as Ayyah and its towns; 29 and by the borders of the children of Manasseh were Beth Shean and its towns, Taanach and its towns, Megiddo and its towns, Dor and its towns. In these dwelt the children of Joseph, the son of Israel.
The Family of Asher
30 The sons of Asher were Imnah, Ishvah, Ishvi, Beriah, and their sister Serah. 31 The sons of Beriah were Heber and Malchiel, who was the father of Birzaith. 32 And Heber begot Japhlet, Shomer, Hotham, and their sister Shua. 33 The sons of Japhlet were Pasach, Bimhal, and Ashvath. These were the children of Japhlet. 34 The sons of Shemer were Ahi, Rohgah, Jehubbah, and Aram. 35 And the sons of his brother Helem were Zophah, Imna, Shelesh, and Amal. 36 The sons of Zophah were Suah, Harnepher, Shual, Beri, Imrah, 37 Bezer, Hod, Shamma, Shilshah, Jithran, and Beera. 38 The sons of Jether were Jephunneh, Pispah, and Ara. 39 The sons of Ulla were Arah, Haniel, and Rizia. 40 All these were the children of Asher, heads of their fathers’ houses, choice men, mighty men of valor, chief leaders. And they were recorded by genealogies among the army fit for battle; their number was twenty-six thousand.

Dear God, Help us understand the depth and height of your love. Help us to accept and experience your love today and to love you in return. Help us to remember your promise to be with us — even in the storm. Thank you for offering a way to spend eternity with you. Teach us to love and serve you each day of our lives. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply