Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > New Member Check In

Share This Forum!  

New Member Check In Make sure to stop by here and say hello!

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-26-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
qnyampruh

Icon20 Newbie

Hi my name is Sandra. I am an alcoholic and drugs addict. I really need help fighting this addiction! I have been battling for some years. Just dog tired of fighting.
qnyampruh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to qnyampruh For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome Sandra, so glad you signed in and said hello. You took the first half of Step One by doing so. It is up to you whether you want to continue on. I made the decision that I was sick and tired of being tired and sick and wanted to do something about it.

There is a lot of recovery material material here. I suggest you give it a look see, but most importantly, I would suggest you choose a fellowship, look for a meeting close to you, either call their help line to either have someone connect with you, or get a friend to go with you.

You don't have to be clean or sober to go to your first meeting, although it helps. It is suggested 90 meetings in 90 days to find a group you feel comfortable in, to find a person you feel comfortable sharing with and ask her to be your sponsor or temporary sponsor. I knew I was an addict, but my denial was about my alcoholism, so I got my basics in AA. I didn't want to give myself an out to relapse.

Hope you will continue to come. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:50 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you for shares Lance, alcoholism is a disease. It is an allergy and our metabolism isn't the same as others and we don't process alcohol like other people do. We have an obsession/complusive disorder, it takes over our thinking and we let go of all thoughts of our values, loved ones, responsibilities, principles, etc. for that almighty drink and drug.

Before going to AA, I could stop for a day or two, but I couldn't stay stopped. I am granted a daily reprieve, by following the 12 Step program of the fellowship of my choice. The 12 Steps are a common denominator for all the programs available out there. I had to quit all drugs in order to recover. That meant looking at my eating disorder and turning it over to the God of my understanding.

There is a lot of material here. Happy reading!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply