Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 1/3

Trust in God means that you take your hands off the situation and allow Him control of it. Gillian Henriques

Forgiving those who hurt us reflects God's character.

"It is pleasing to God whenever you rejoice or laugh from the bottom of your heart." --Martin Luther

It is from within the heart, not just the mind, that we can know God's will for us. God speaks to all of us every day and God's voice is as loud as our willingness to listen. --Mary Manin Morrissey

Start living now. Stop saving the good china for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes. Every day you are alive is a special occasion. Every minute, every breath, is a gift from God. --Mary Manin Morrissey

I was going around the world like the clouds when God spoke to my thoughts and told me to...be at peace with all.

I will love God and what God loves.

Everyday I Need You Lord.

What If You Could? by Tom
What if you could keep the New Years Resolutions you are about to make?
What if you could have a better marriage?
What if you could be a better parent?
What if you could get the promotion in your company?
What if you could teach that class at church?
What if you could lead that small group study?
What if you could share the gospel with that person you work with?
What if you could change your bad habits?
What if you could overcome your shyness?
What if you could stop using bad language?
What if you could stop feeling sorry for yourself?
What if you could stop living with a victim mentality?
What if you could improve your financial situation?
What if you could do great things for the Kingdom of God?
What if you could change the atmosphere in your workplace, in your home, or in your church?
What if you could forgive the person who hurt you so deeply?
What if you could get beyond your past?
What if you could forgive yourself for mistakes you have made?
What if you could be forgiven for your sins and begin a new life?
What if you could do those things, would you? Sound impossible? Maybe, but what if you could? Would you? Before you answer consider these statements from the New Testament.
Jesus once asked a similar question in John 5:5-7.
One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, “Do you want to get well?”
7 “Sir,” the invalid replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.”
8 Then Jesus said to him, “Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.” 9 At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked. (NIV)
In another place Jesus is questioned by His disciples about why they could not drive out demons.
Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?”
He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:19-20, NIV)
On another occasion Jesus’ disciples were puzzled by a statement Jesus made about the difficulty being saved.
25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”
26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”(Matthew 19:25-26, NIV)
There was another time when Jesus had a conversation with a man who had a very sick child.
Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?”
“From childhood,” he answered. “It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.”
“‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.” (Mark 9:21-23, NIV)
Paul wrote about his struggles and his desire to overcome them in 2 Corinthians 12:8-10,
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (NIV)
In Philippians he wrote:“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” (4:13) “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” (4:9)
Now, answer the question: What if you could, would you?

Trust Jesus
Why is it so hard to believe Christ and trust him completely? Christ wants to give us his life and spirit, and if we look to him for only a moment, our hearts tell us: Here is one we can trust. Yet each of us knows feelings of fear and anxiety. Something in us seeks Christ, and at the same time something in us wants to serve self and is unwilling to surrender to him completely. But that is what we must do, for the Gospel says "trust and believe." It is not enough to give Christ what is good in us, or to give him our sins, or to bring him our burdens. He wants our entire selves. If we do not give ourselves to him completely - if we hold on to our reservations - we will never find the full inner freedom and peace promised in the Gospel. We must give Christ our innermost being.
Often the power of darkness puts fear into our hearts and keeps us from full dedication to God. When Jesus said in the synagogue, "Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you can have no life," even his followers found these words hard to accept, and many of them left him. But when Jesus asked the Twelve, "Will you also leave me?" Peter responded, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have faith, and we know that you are the holy One of God." Such faith must live in us too - in our hearts, our souls, and our whole being. It must become a reality in us again and again: not a religious system, not a theory, but the knowledge that we can trust Jesus completely and give him everything - our whole lives - for all eternity. It is not necessary for us to understand everything intellectually. It is much more important to experience trust and faith in our hearts and being.
Apart from Jesus we will find no peace. Where he is, there is God. He is there even for those who leave him, as did many people in his time who found his words too difficult to accept. Therefore we pray for ourselves and for them, "Lord, help us. Come into this world. We need thee, thy flesh, thy spirit, thy death and life, and thy message for the whole creation."
We should fear neither our enemies nor the slander and persecution that may come to us. We should trust in Jesus. He was also slandered and persecuted. We do not want anything better. If we turn in complete trust and love to Jesus, I feel absolutely sure that we will be kept under the loving protection of God.
We must believe and trust that Jesus is the answer to all our perplexities, problems, and anxieties. I have not always trusted Jesus enough, but I recognize my lack of trust as sin. Life is not without perplexities or anxieties. Yet we know where to turn. It is very simple: if you don't understand something, trust Jesus. This is not always easy; sometimes it costs an inner fight to do so wholeheartedly. But Jesus says, "Trust in God and trust also in me." That is the only answer.
We must really believe that Jesus came not to bring judgment but to bring salvation: God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, that everyone who has faith in him may not die but have eternal life. It was not to judge the world that God sent his Son into the world, but that through him the world might be saved.
Here we see the indescribable longing of God to save humankind. At the end we shall be one with God. We must believe this, for our children too, even if we have to suffer for Jesus' sake.
Like sunshine over a valley, God's great love spreads out over the whole earth. It is true that there are terrible things in the world, such as war; and wars will come, but God is greater. He is much greater than man, and his love is much greater than man's. Do not live in fear. Look down across the valley and toward the mountains, and think of the great God who created all things, and who has you in his hand.
If we live according to Jesus and his teachings, we have no reason to be afraid. Let us be faithful to him and to God and leave all fear behind.
Learn to trust Jesus always, even when you cannot understand something. Situations will often arise in life without your understanding why. The only answer is to trust Jesus.
You will go through very hard times, but never forget that the final victory is God's. Always believe this. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but a new heaven and a new earth are coming. --J. Heinrich Arnold

New Running Duds by John Fischer
The New Year always begins with a certain amount of optimism based on new resolutions and the desire to change. But right on the heel of those determinations is usually a pessimistic voice as well that taunts us: "What if we can't? What if we don't?" We've been here before and seen so little lasting change based on questions like this. Our intentions are great; our actions are weak. What do we do about this?
This year, stirred on by the advice of my doctor to get more exercise, my children got me a running outfit and running shoes for Christmas. I told them that if they were going to do this, it had to be subtle. The last thing I wanted was to be out running the day after Christmas broadcasting to everyone what was under my tree this year. I didn't want to make a big splash in the neighborhood for a few days only to never be seen again out there.
My kids did well. No bright colors. No racing stripes. But is it going to work? Will this new stuff help? Well, here's what I think right now: it sure can't hurt.
I have noticed that since I've got this stuff, I have a renewed desire to go out and run. It's not that I want to show off anything; it's just that I have the equipment now. Someone's made an investment in me; I don't want to disappoint them. I want to make good on this new equipment and use it for its intended purpose.
You don't have to think very hard to find the spiritual implications in this. We always want to do better for the Lord, but we also worry about old habits, excuses and denials that hold us back. We need to remember that we have received a new outfit. The Spirit has clothed us in righteousness and equipped us with spiritual gifts to do the work of the ministry with greater effectiveness. When you lay those clothes out on your bed and you look at that equipment, you can't help but want to put that stuff on and get out there. It doesn't mean that you're going to start right off running the marathon; it just means you're going to start.
Someone's made a huge investment in you to provide you with this equipment. You don't want to make light of that sacrifice or waste what it cost to outfit you spiritually.
It's a New Year! Put your new spiritual stuff on and start running! It doesn't matter how far you go, just start.

A HEAVENLY NEW YEAR
Happy New Year, this is God.
This year, as with every year, I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember, I do not need your help. If the devil happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it all in the SFJTD BOX. (Something for Jesus to Do) It will be addressed in my time, not yours. Please be patient. Once the matter has been placed in the box, do not hold onto it. Do not become impatient and take it back to see if you can find a solution. Holding on or removal will delay the resolution of your problem. You must surrender the problem to Me for proper resolution. If a situation you think you cannot handle arises, please consult Me in prayer. Together we will come up with proper resolution. If you do not receive what you anticipate as proper response from Me, remember--some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayer. Because I do not sleep, there is no need for you to lose any. Rest, my child...if you need me, I am but a prayer awa y. --Author unknown

A DIET DIRECTED BY GOD??
An overweight business associate of mine decided it was time to shed some excess pounds. He took his new diet seriously, even changing his driving route to avoid his favorite bakery. One morning, however, he arrived at work carrying a gigantic coffeecake. We all scolded him, but his smile remained cherubic.
"This is a very special coffeecake," he explained. "I accidentally drove by the bakery this morning and there in the window were a host of goodies. I felt this was no accident, so I prayed, 'Lord, if you want me to have one of those delicious coffeecakes, let me have a parking place directly in front of the bakery.'"
"And sure enough," he continued, "the eighth time around the block, there it was!" --Author unknown

Are You Jesus?
A few years ago a group of salesmen went to a regional sales convention in Chicago. They had assured their wives that they would be home in plenty of time for Friday night's dinner.
Well, as such things go, one thing led to another. The sales manager went longer than anticipated and the meeting ran overtime. Their flights were scheduled to leave out of Chicago's O'Hare Airport, and they had to race pell mell to the airport.
With tickets in hand, they barged through the terminal to catch their flight back home. In their rush, with tickets and brief-cases, one of these salesmen inadvertently kicked over a table which held a display of baskets of apples. Apples flew everywhere.
Without stopping or looking back, they all managed to reach the plane in time for their nearly missed boarding. All but one. He paused, took a deep breath, got in touch with his feelings, and experienced a twinge of compassion for the girl whose apple stand had been overturned.
He told his friends to go on without him, waved goodbye, told one of them to call his wife when they arrived at their home destination and explain his taking a later flight.
Then he returned to the terminal where the apples were all over the terminal floor. Upon arriving he certainly was glad he had.
The 16 year old girl was totally blind! She was softly crying, tears running down her cheeks in frustration, and at the same time helplessly groping for her spilled produce as the crowd swirled about her, no one stopping, and no one to care for her plight.
The salesman knelt on the floor with her, gathered up the apples, put them into the baskets, and helped set up the display once more. As he did this, he noticed that many of them had become battered and bruised; these he set aside in another basket. When he had finished, he pulled out his wallet and said to the girl, "Here, please take this $20 for the damage we did. Are you okay?"
She nodded through her tears. He continued on with, "I hope we didn't spoil your day too badly."
As the salesman started to walk away, the bewildered blind girl called out to him, "Mister...." He paused and turned to look back into those blind eyes. She continued, "Are you Jesus?"
He stopped in mid-stride, and he wondered. Then slowly he made his way to catch the later flight with that question burning and bouncing about in his soul: "Are you Jesus?"
Do people mistake you for Jesus? That's our destiny, is it not? To be so much like Jesus that people cannot tell the difference as we live and interact with a world that is blind to His love, life and grace.
If we claim to know Him, we should live, walk and act as He would.
Knowing Him is more than simply quoting Scripture and going to church. It's actually living the Word as life unfolds day to day.
We are the apple of His eye even though we, too, have been bruised by a fall. He stopped what He was doing and picked you and me up on a hill called Calvary and paid in full for our damaged fruit. Let's start living like we are worth the price He paid. --Thomas W Henderso

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
There are things that still need to be brought into order before you can be ready for the next great spiritual season. You must fulfill the requirements of coming into order before you can yield to the rule of My Spirit. Prepare your heart for changes, whether easy or hard. I am preparing and positioning you now, says the Lord. Your flesh will resist, but in your overcoming, your spirit will yield. Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Think outside the box and be willing to allow My Spirit to lead you even when you have to leave your comfort zone to do so. Be sensitive to your spiritual environment so that you will know when changes occur. This is a time to awaken spiritually, discern with clarity and respond purposefully, says the Lord. 2 Timothy 1:9 (Jesus) has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I am coming to you in greater measure and clarity than you have ever experienced, says the Lord. I will come to you in night visions. I will come to you in dreams. I will come to you in daytime visions. I will come to you when you are praying. I will come to you when you are meditating on My word. And, I will begin to reveal to you the hidden mysteries that have been saved for this time. I have some things to teach you and to show you. Get ready, for My work is about to be demonstrated in you, says the Most Holy. Watch! Learn! Listen! Obey! For, you shall be well pleased with the demonstration of My power that comes flowing into your life like a mighty rushing river; like a wind that is blowing through the tops of the trees. Listen for My voice, for My truth will set you free.

I'm Drinking from My Saucer Author Unknown
I've never made a fortune, and it's probably too late now.
But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow.
As I go along life's journey, I'm reaping better than I sowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer, 'cause my cup has overflowed.
I don't have lots of riches, sometimes the going gets a little rough.
But I have folks that love me, and that makes me rich enough.
I just thank God for His blessings, and the mercy He's bestowed.
I remember times when things went wrong, and my faith got a little thin.
But then the dark clouds broke, and the sun broke through again.
God, help me not to gripe about the tough rows I have hoed.
God, give me strength and courage, when the way gets steep and rough.
I won't ask for other blessings, I'm already blessed enough.
May I never be too busy, to help another bear his load.
Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer, 'cause my cup has overflowed.

Apprehend God in all things,
For God is in all things.
Every single creature is full of God
and is a book about God.
Every creature is a word of God!
If I spent enough time with the tiniest creature-
even a caterpillar -- I would never have to prepare a sermon,
so full of God is every creature.
--Meister Eckhart

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. Romans 8:18

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22

The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Deuteronomy 33:27

"Let us be concerned for one another, to help one another to show love and to do good." Hebrews 10:24

May my cry come before you, O LORD; give me understanding according to your word. May my supplication come before you; deliver me according to your promise. May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. May my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous. May your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen your precepts. I long for your salvation, O LORD, and your law is my delight. Let me live that I may praise you, and may your laws sustain me. I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands. Psalm 119:169-176

Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me-- just as the Father knows me and I know the Father--and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life--only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father." John 10:7-18

We know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16

VISITING DAY Author Unknown
He was looking forward to this moment all day long, after 6 days of labor and it finally arrived - Visiting Day!
The man with the keys arrived to swing open the large, heavy doors. The cold gray hall springs to life in the warm glow of light. He could hardly control His emotions.
The families began to arrive. He peers from the corner of the room longing for the 1st glimpse of His loved one. He lives for the weekends. He lives for these visits.
As the cars arrive, He watches intently. Then, finally, they arrive, for whom He would do anything. They embrace, eat a light lunch and reminisce how things used to be.
At one point, they break into singing, with interruptions of laughter and applause. But all too soon it is over. A tear comes to His eyes as they depart.
Then the man with the keys closes the heavy doors. He hears the key turn in the lock marking the end of a special day. There He stands, alone again.
He knows that most of His visitors will not contact Him again till next week. As the last car pulls away from the parking lot, Jesus retreats into loneliness as He waits until next Sunday - Visiting Day.
Is the time that we spend with Jesus an everyday thing, or do we just visit Him on Sunday. Think about it ...

Lord, help us to turn to you taking on a new attitude to face life’s challenges. Help us to do everything with an eager attitude, to “go for it”, believing you have already won the battle for us! Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 3
Solomon Builds the Temple
1 Now Solomon began to build the house of the Lord at Jerusalem on Mount Moriah, where the Lord had appeared to his father David, at the place that David had prepared on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite. 2 And he began to build on the second day of the second month in the fourth year of his reign. 3 This is the foundation which Solomon laid for building the house of God: The length was sixty cubits (by cubits according to the former measure) and the width twenty cubits. 4 And the vestibule that was in front of the sanctuary was twenty cubits long across the width of the house, and the height was one hundred and twenty. He overlaid the inside with pure gold. 5 The larger room he paneled with cypress which he overlaid with fine gold, and he carved palm trees and chainwork on it. 6 And he decorated the house with precious stones for beauty, and the gold was gold from Parvaim. 7 He also overlaid the house—the beams and doorposts, its walls and doors—with gold; and he carved cherubim on the walls. 8 And he made the Most Holy Place. Its length was according to the width of the house, twenty cubits, and its width twenty cubits. He overlaid it with six hundred talents of fine gold. 9 The weight of the nails was fifty shekels of gold; and he overlaid the upper area with gold. 10 In the Most Holy Place he made two cherubim, fashioned by carving, and overlaid them with gold. 11 The wings of the cherubim were twenty cubits in overall length: one wing of the one cherub was five cubits, touching the wall of the room, and the other wing was five cubits, touching the wing of the other cherub; 12 one wing of the other cherub was five cubits, touching the wall of the room, and the other wing also was five cubits, touching the wing of the other cherub. 13 The wings of these cherubim spanned twenty cubits overall. They stood on their feet, and they faced inward. 14 And he made the veil of blue, purple, crimson, and fine linen, and wove cherubim into it. 15 Also he made in front of the temple two pillars thirty-five cubits high, and the capital that was on the top of each of them was five cubits. 16 He made wreaths of chainwork, as in the inner sanctuary, and put them on top of the pillars; and he made one hundred pomegranates, and put them on the wreaths of chainwork. 17 Then he set up the pillars before the temple, one on the right hand and the other on the left; he called the name of the one on the right hand Jachin, and the name of the one on the left Boaz.

"Lord, thank You for the unfailing faith You give, for the love and joy You provide. I am rich--and I walk confidently into the New Year, knowing You are the same God who's helped in the past; You will help me today, tomorrow--and the rest of my life. Thank You for Your goodness, In Jesus' Name, Amen."

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply