Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default THE TWELVE STEPS OF EMOTIONS ANONYMOUS

THE TWELVE STEPS OF EMOTIONS ANONYMOUS

1. We admitted we were powerless over our emotions-that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision o turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

The Twelve Promises of Emotions Anonymous

1. We realize a new freedom and happiness.
2. We do not regret the past or wish to shut the door on it.
3. We comprehend the word Serenity, and we know peace of mind.
4. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we see how our experience can benefit others.
5. The feelings of uselessness and self-pity lessen.
6. We have less concern about self and gain interest in others.
7. Self-seeking slips away.
8. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life changes.
9. Our relationships with other people improve.
10. We intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.
11. We acquire feeling of security within ourselves.
12. We realize that God is doing for us what we could not do ourselves.

These may seem like extravagant promises, but we think not. They are being fulfilled among us, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for Today
The Choice is Mine

1. Just for today I will try to live through this day only, not tackling all of my problems at once. I can do something at this moment that would discourage me if I had to continue it for a lifetime.

2. Just for today I will try to be happy, realizing my happiness does not depend on what others do or say or what happens around me. Happiness is a result of being at peace with myself.

3. Just for today I will try to adjust myself to what is and not force everything to adjust to my own desires. I will accept my family, my friends, my business, my circumstances as they come.

4. Just for today I will take care of my physical health; I will exercise my mind; I will read something spiritual.

5. Just for today I will do somebody a good turn and not get found out. If anyone knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least one thing I don't want to do, and I will perform some small act of love for my neighbour.

6. Just for today I will try to go out of my way to be kind to someone I meet. I will be considerate, talk low, and look as good as I can. I will not engage in unnecessary criticism or finding fault, nor try to improve or regulate anybody except myself.

7. Just for today I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests - hurry and indecision.

8. Just for today I will stop saying, "If I had time." I will never find time for anything. If I want time, I must take it.

9. Just for today I will have a quiet time of meditation wherein I shall think of my Higher Power, of myself, and of my neighbour. I shall relax and seek truth.

10. Just for today I shall be unafraid. Particularly, I shall be unafraid to be happy, to enjoy what is good, what is beautiful, and what is lovely in life.

11. Just for today I will not compare myself with others. I will accept myself and live to the best of my ability.

12. Just for today I choose to believe that I can live this one day.

Slogans we use

Let go and let God
You are not alone
One day at a time
Live and let live
First things first
Look for the good
By the grace of God
Know yourself - be honest
This too shall pass
I need people
Keep it simple
I have a choice

Quote:
Emotions Anonymous (EA) was formed by a group of individuals who found a new way of life by working the twelve-step program of Alcoholics Anonymous, as adapted for people with emotional problems.

We invite you to discover, as we have, that our EA fellowship of weekly meetings is warm and friendly, and that it is also important for achieving and maintaining emotional health.

The Twelve Steps and the Twelve Traditions are our guides for our meetings and for living one day at a time because ours is a twenty-four hour program.

Emotions Anonymous is a non-profit organization, supported by the voluntary contributions of its members.

We thank Alcoholics Anonymous for their permission to use the program, and we thank the God of our understanding for guidance.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Helpful Concepts

1. We come to EA to learn how to live a new way of life through the twelve-step program of Emotions Anonymous which consists of Twelve Streps, Twelve Traditions, concepts, the Serenity Prayer, slogans, Just for Today, EA literature, weekly meetings, telephone and personal contacts, and living the program one day at a time. We do not come for another person - we come to help ourselves and to share our experiences, strength, and hope with others.

2. We are experts only on our own stories, how we try to live the program, how the program works for us, and what EA has done for us. No one speaks for Emotions Anonymous as a whole.

3. We respect anonymity - no questions are asked. We aim for an atomosphere of love and acceptance. We do not care who you are or what you have done. You are welcome.

4. We do not judge; we do not criticize; we do not argue. We do not give advice regarding personal or family affairs.

5. EA is not a sounding board for continually reviewing our miseries, but a way to learn to detach ourselves from them. Part of our serenity comes from being able to live at peace with unsolved problems.

6. We never discuss religion, politics, national or international issues, or other belief systems or policies. EA has no opinion on outside issues.

7. Emotions Anonymous is a spiritual program, not a religious program. We do not advocate any particular belief system.

8. The steps suggest a belief in a Power greater than ourselves. This can be human love, a force for good, the group, nature, the universe. God, or any entity a member chooses as a personal Higher Power.

9. We utilize the program-we do not analyze it. Undersanding comes with experience. Each day we apply some part of the program to our personal lives.

10. We have not found it helpful to place labels on any degree of illness or health. We may have different symptoms, but the underlying emotions are the same or similar. We discover we are not unique in our difficulties and illnesses.

11. Each person is entitled to his or her own opinions and may express them at a meeting within the guidelines of EA. We are all equal-no one is more important than another.

12. Part of the beauty and wonder of the EA program is that at meetings we can say anything and know it stays there. Anything we hear at a meeting, on the telephone, or from another member is confidential and is not to be repeated to anyone-EA members, mates, families, relatives or friends.

The Twelve Traditions

1. Our common welfare should come first, personal recovery depends on EA unity.
2. For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority-a loving God as He may express Himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants, they do not govern.
3. The only requirement for EA membership is a desire to become well emotionally.
4. Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other groups or EA as a whole.
5. Each group has but one primary purpose-to carry its message to the person who still suffers from emotional problems.
6. An EA group ought never endorse, finance or lend the EA name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property and prestige divert us from our primary purpose.
7. Every EA group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
8. Emotions Anonymous should remain forever non-professional, but our service centers may emply special workers.
9. EA, as such, ought never be organized; but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.
10. Emotions Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; hence the EA name ought never be drawn into public controversy.
11. Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio and films.
12. Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply