Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2014, 09:54 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Hope for the Harried

Hope for the Harried by Gail Rodgers

We talked over a pot of tea. Together we read these stark words from the Bible…

“The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down” (Proverbs 14:1).

The frenzied pace she kept was taking a toll on her home. Life just seemed to be fraying around the edges.

When we live at a pace that continually drains us we end up taking it out on those closest to us. Complaining, frustration and lack of patience can surface all too often. As women we can actually be tearing down relationships by our own hand and not even be aware we are doing so. A wise woman will take note of her reactions and make a choice to be a builder.

If your quiet time with God has slipped to the wayside of your life it won’t be long before you notice the tell-tale reactions of complaining, negativity and frustration in your life and relationships.

Ask God to come in a fresh way into your life to help you make time with Him a priority. Choose to make some changes in your schedule so God can make some changes in your heart. Invite His Holy Spirit to be the change agent in your life today. Ask for what the Bible calls the fruit of the Holy Spirit. (Galatians 5:22) It’s “The Great Exchange.” He will help you build your relationships. You can depend on God to be your source for all your needs.

Exchange your weakness for His strength.
Your unhappy heart for His joy.
Your annoyance with His love.
Your anxiety with His peace.
Your impatience for His patience.
Your complaining for His contentment.
Your harsh attitude for His gentleness.

~ Father in Heaven,
Today I ask that You would forgive me for foolishly reacting in ways that can tear my relationships down. Fill me afresh today with the fruit of Your Holy Spirit. May I be a wise woman filled with the wisdom and revelation that Your Spirit offers me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.

Questions to ponder: How have you made that choice to be a builder rather than one who tears down relationships? What changes do you need to make in your schedule in order to allow God to make changes in your heart?
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply