Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 9/12

Leave the broken, irreversible past in God’s hands, and step out into the invincible future with Him. --Oswald Chambers

God opens the door of hope when we can't reach the handle.

Joy isn't the absence of pain -- it's the presence of God.

God has taken all the pain I know and have known, and has been changing it into love.

"What's meant to be will be, what's not meant to be won't be, so why worry about it when God is in Control? So long as I take responsibility for my actions, and give it my best effort, I have no need to worry needlessly." --John G. Pesciallo

"To love someone means to see him as God intended him." --Feodor Dostoevsky

"Those who base their lives on the belief that a loving God is acting in their behalf tend to see problems as opportunities for growth." --Nido Qubein

"God has such a sense of humor...we have the opportunity to do whatever we want with our lives...and He lets us!" --Doug Firebaugh

10 RULES FOR A BLESSED DAY Author Unknown
1. TODAY I WILL NOT STRIKE BACK . . . If someone is rude, if someone is impatient, if someone is unkind, I will not respond in a like manner.
2. TODAY I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS MY 'ENEMY' . . . If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will quietly ask God to bless that individual. I understand "enemy" could be a family member, neighbor, co-worker or stranger.
3. TODAY I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY . . . I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do not spread gossip.
4. TODAY I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE . . . I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.
5. TODAY I WILL FORGIVE . . . I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.
6. TODAY I WILL DO SOMETHING KIND FOR SOMEONE, (BUT I WILL DO IT IN SECRET . . . I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another.
7. TODAY I WILL TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WISH TO BE TREATED . . . I will practice the golden rule. "Do Unto others as I would have them do unto me"- with EVERYONE I encounter.
8. TODAY I WILL RAISE THE SPIRITS OF SOMEONE WHO IS DISCOURAGED . . .My smile, my words, my expression of support, can make the difference to someone who is wrestling with life.
9. TODAY I WILL NURTURE MY BODY . . . I will eat less . . . I will eat only healthy foods. I will thank God for my body.
10. TODAY I WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY . . . I will spend a little more time in prayer today. I will begin reading something spiritual or inspirational; I will find a quiet place (at some point during this day) and listen to God's voice.
Luke 10:27 He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
We learn three principles about loving our neighbor: (1) lack of love is often easy to justify, even though it is never right; (2) our neighbor is anyone of any race, creed, or social background who is in need; and (3) love means acting to meet the person's needs. Wherever you live, there are needy people close by. There is no good reason for refusing to help.
Remember, today is a gift from God so treat it preciously.

HOLDING PATTERN Author Unknown
Many times God will allow a painful situation or a painful circumstance in our life to "swallow us up." This season in our spiritual growth is a holding pattern. We can't move to the left or the right. All we can do is sit, like Jonah sat in the belly of that great fish, so God can have our undivided attention and speak to us. God put Jonah in a holding pattern because He needed to speak to his heart. Jonah was all alone. There were no friends to call, no colleagues to drop by, no books to read, no food to eat, no interference, and no interruptions. He had plenty of time to sit, think, meditate, and pray.
When we're deep down in the midst of a difficult situation, God can talk to us. When He has our undivided attention, He can show us things about ourselves that we might not otherwise have seen.
A Few of God's Holding Patterns:
1. When you are sick in your physical body and you have prayed but God has not healed you yet, you are in a holding pattern
2. When you are having problems with your children and you have put them on the altar, but God has not delivered them yet, you are in a holding pattern.
3. When you have been praying for the salvation of a loved one and they have not been saved yet, you are in a holding pattern.
4. When you are in a broken relationship and you have given it over to God, but it has not been restored yet, you are in a holding pattern.
5. When the doors slam shut before you can knock on them, you are in a holding pattern.
When we are deep in the belly of a difficult situation, there are no interruptions. God has our undivided attention. All we can do is sit, think, meditate, and pray. We cannot run from God because there are no Mountains that are high enough, valleys low enough, rooms that are dark enough, or places that are hidden enough from Him. We must remember to praise Him while we're waiting and remember three things:
1. The pattern has a purpose.
2. The pattern has a plan.
3. The pattern has a process.
So stop struggling and start listening, praying and trusting. He'll keep you right where you are until you can clearly hear Him say, "I love you."
Prayer: Father, forgive my unbelief. I know You Love me and will turn anything around to benefit me. You have planned nothing for me but victories and I am ready to receive them regardless of how difficult the path. Amen
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Closed by Sally I. Kennedy
He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. Psalm 121:3-4
Patches of anemone type flowers in bright yellows and neon pinks clustered about our front walkway. So eye-catching, and they thrive in the brutal heat of our tropical days. At night, however, they close up and shut down, as do the bright lemon colored alamanda vine in the backyard. The droopy gray-green succulent leaves look nearly dead. In fact you probably wouldn't even notice them at all.
Have you heard the saying, "Pray at night and give your problems to the Lord; He'll be up all night anyway."
It is comforting to know that God is never closed. That is good news.
In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Psalm 3:24
I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. Psalm 3:5
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure. Psalm 16:9

Always Walking Up Hill by Tom Norvell
While visiting our son and his family in Brooklyn, New York recently we spent quite a bit of time walking. Only rode the subway one time. The rest of the time we walked. We walked to restaurants. We walked to the stores. We walked to the farmers market. We walked to the coffee shop. Mainly, we walked to parks.
While in the city the weather was unbelievably comfortable, except for a couple of days when it was oppressively hot. Going to the park on those days was not a bad walk, it was mostly down hill. Going home from the part was another story. It was hot. We were tired. We were hungry. It seemed like every street was up hill. We would turn at an intersection hoping we had reached a plateau. It seemed as though we were always walking up hill.
Life feels that way some times.
Occasionally we will have a down hill day, or week, or month. Life is easy. Like…well…, a “walk in the park.” Everything comes easy. Work is easy. Relationships are easy. Marriage is easy. Being single is easy. Being a teenager is easy. Parenting is easy. School is easy. Spirituality is easy. Communication is easy. Sports are easy. Life is good!
Then, we get tired. We come to a hill. A big hill. A steep hill. And the hill goes on and on and on. We reach a plateau and think, “Ah, we made it.” Only to face another hill to climb. It seems like we are always walking up hill.
In those times nothing comes easy. Life is hard. Work is hard. Relationships are hard. Marriage is hard. Being single is hard. Being a teenager is hard. Parenting is hard. School is hard. Spirituality is hard. Communication is hard. Sports are hard. Life is not good.
We want to quit. We want to stop walking. But, we can’t. If we quit, we’ll never make it home. We will never make it to the air conditioning. We’ll miss the refreshment of the cold glass of water that awaits us. We will miss the fellowship of resting with the family. We will never be able to look back and share the memories of what we experienced. We can’t quit.
For much of Jesus’ life He walked the world as if He were walking down hill in the shade. He went about teaching, touching, healing, encouraging and giving hope to weary travelers. He assured them that though in this world life is difficult, He has overcome the world. He encouraged them to walk and not quit. As He walked the people could see that there really was joy in His journey.
One day Jesus started up a hill. As He walked He carried a cross. His cross. When He could not carry it alone someone helped Him carry it to top of the hill. When He reached the top He died.
Those watching assumed his journey was a waste. We know that it was not. At the end of the upward climb was victory. At the top of the hill death was defeated. At the end of His climb the Father was glorified.
As we walk, even when it seems our walk is all uphill, we remember that because He climbed the hill victory is ours. We remember that at the top of the hill there will be reunion, restoration, refreshment, and rest.
Keep walking and remember He has walked up the hill before you, and He is walking with you now.

Be Creative With Encouragement by Tom Norvell
After I had completed my comments I moved back to my seat as others continued participation in the time of communion. Just as I was about to sit down a young woman whom I had never met moved up beside me and introduced herself. She had been present a time or two before but we had never talked.
She proceeded to tell me how she felt compelled by God to talk to me. I assumed she was struggling with something and needed prayer or guidance I was stunned to learn that she was simply seizing the moment to encourage me. She was not needing me to tell her “everything will be alright,” to offer words of hope for her, nor did she need me to pray for her. Instead, she wanted to encourage me.
She spoke of how she felt the presence of God in me as I spoke. She sincerely explained that she genuinely felt that God was using me to make a difference in this church and that she was deeply grateful for me letting Him guide me as I serve in His Kingdom.
That’s it. She encouraged me and then moved back to her seat.
I learned later that she had shared similar words with another of our members. Both of us expressed how we were moved to tears.
Earlier in the service our youth minister shared this passage:
“Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:19–25, NIV84)
This kind and attentive woman obviously took God at His word and considered how she might “spur another on toward love and good deeds.”
“24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,…” (Hebrews 10:24, New English Version)
“Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out,…” (Hebrews 10:24, The Message)
She had considered, she pondered it, she thought about how she might encourage me. Then, she did it.
She sought me out of the crowd. She took the risk of interrupting me from my private thoughts about the Lord’s sacrifice and encouraged me.
She took advantage of the opportunity to share a kind and genuine message of encouragement with the one who sees it as his role to encourage others.
She was creative. She was brave. She could have waited until the end of the service. She could have written me a note, or a text, or an email. She could messaged me on Facebook. She did none of these. Instead she took advantage of a moment to tell me face to face that she sensed God’s presence in me.
I felt guilty for assuming she was a needy person coming to ask me for help. I felt ashamed of my arrogance. I felt sad that I had labeled her for as a taker. I felt all that, but mostly I felt blessed that she was a giver and a noticer and an encourager. I felt honored that she had taken the time to seek me out and share the message God had placed on her heart.
I was blessed that morning. I will continue to be blessed every time I think about her. I will be challenged by her example to seek out someone to encourage, someone to bless, or someone to express my appreciation for how them for allowing God to be visible in and through them.
Let’s see how inventive and creative we can be in encouraging others to love and do good deeds. Let’s consider it and let’s do it.

Clay Flowerpots by Sally I. Kennedy
As the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand. Jeremiah 18:6b
"Hmm, this flower should be growing like crazy, with all this rain lately", I mused. Sure enough, it had been raining and raining, so with plenty of summer sunshine to go with it, the plant should be doing great. But it was not. I had a nice clay pot with a nice green plant and no flowers. Sort of like a lovely fruit tree with lots of leaves and no fruit.
I thought, "Bet it needs more dirt in that pot; I probably didn't add enough topsoil". I picked it up, and noticed the bottom was a darker shade of terra cotta. Upon closer inspection, I could make out a thread-like line. The clay pot was not visibly leaking. However it was leaking enough to discolor the bottom of the pot. And apparently it was losing enough water through the crack, taking soil nutrients with it, to hinder the plant from blooming.
I feel like a cracked clay pot sometimes. As I thought of this, flowerpot in my hand, I thought of the story in Jeremiah where the Lord sent him down to the home of someone who made clay pots. (Jeremiah 18:1-6)
The not good news is, sometimes we get cracked, and sometimes we leak. The good news is God made us, and He can seal the cracks we have. He can, and will, fill us again- and we'll flower! More good news!
Today I plan to take an inventory to see if there's a leak, and come to You to repair and take care of it. Thank you, Lord for the infilling and healing through your wonderful Holy Spirit.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Beloved, I want you to become more aware in discerning the choices that are before you every day. Some of you will choose evil by default through passivity and not actively resisting the work of the enemy against you. You must take an active role in being righteous. You can't always choose what happens to you, but you can choose to put your faith in Me, says the Lord. I will strengthen you and bring you through adversity. James 1:2-3 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience [steadfastness, constancy, endurance].

Rise above all chaos and turmoil, and enter into peace. Even when your circumstances place many demands on your time and energy, you can do all that is necessary and still maintain tranquility. However, you will have to be focused and stay calm to receive the wisdom you need to get through the changes that this season brings, says the Lord. Philippians 4:7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

When things seem to no longer work or properly meet your needs, you will have to make some adjustments. This is a time when you are being re-positioned so that you can maximize the benefits of the new season. Don't panic when changes are inevitable. It will be much the same as your eyes having to adjust from darkness to light--they get used to it--and you will begin to see clearly again, says the Lord.
1 Corinthians 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God.

Set yourself with great determination to be righteous by keeping your spiritual, emotional and mental space clear and clean. Your discernment depends on your ability to know the difference between light and dark, good and evil, right and wrong. And, your well-being depends on always choosing what is right and good. Refuse the temptation to be friendly towards corruption on any level, says the Lord. Hebrews 5:14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Come and see. Come and receive that which I am doing. Let faith be found in abundance. Begin to understand that as My faith, the faith that I have-- supernatural faith--is yours. Indeed you can do the greater works. You can do what I have called you to do. So, stop your grumbling. Stop worrying. Stop being afraid of what’s coming on the earth. For, indeed it will be horrifying to those who don’t know Me. Yet because you know Me, My peace will sustain you and keep you. I will be with you, and everything that you need will be provided. Come into this season, says the Lord. Walk with Me. Walk with Me on the waters. Walk with Me in victory. Walk with Me in the Kingdom of God and to see that which I am doing. It is available to you. Believe and receive.

The Lighted Path by --John H. 07-30-02
let me seek out your calm waters
walk on your lighted path.
keep my energy focused on you
and all of the blessings I have;
the wonderful love of the fellowship
of family and true friends.
my deeper awareness of your will for me
on this journey that never ends.
Higher Power carry me further
outside of my inner fears
cleanse my broken spirit
with my grateful new-born tears.
You are the gentle breeze
that lets me feel life all around
you are the sense of wonder
in this new life I have found
open the eyes of my heart today
let me see harmful patterns I have
give me the strength to replace them I pray
as I walk on your lighted path.
much love, light, healing and growth,
and may this day be one of wonder and joy, finding you
all in God's will.

There are times in my life
when my troubles to me appear great
My troubles sometimes distract me
havoc for me they do create
I wander around not knowing what to do
I feel so lost, so confused
I stumble, I fall
On God's name I do call
I turn my troubles over to Him
putting them all in His hands
there is where leave them
So I may continue my journey to His promised land
Oh what a relief, what peace
fills me inside
when I give God all my troubles
and put my trust in Him
Written by: Tammy B. 9/13/02

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalms 62:1-2

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:13-16

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be the sons of your Father in heaven. He causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matthew 5:43-48

Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the desert, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry. The devil said to him, "If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread." Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone.'" The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me, it will all be yours." Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'" The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down from here. For it is written: 'He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'" Jesus answered, "It says: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'" When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time. Luke 4:1-13

Now take a look in the mirror. He knew you before you were born. "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you." Jeremiah 1:5

Just like the crafter knows, or visualizes the craft even before it is made. "Yet, oh Lord, You are our Father; You are the potter; We are all the work of Your hand." Isaiah 64:8

Let the whole world bless our God and sing aloud his praises. Our lives are in his hands, and he keeps our feet from stumbling. Psalm 66:8-9

"Thou Shall Love The Lord Thy God, With All Thy Heart,And With All Thy Soul, And With All Thy Strength,And With All Thy Mind, And Thy Neighbor As Thy Self. " Luke 10:27

Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

GOD KNOWS JUST WHAT WE NEED Author Unknown
A woman was at work when she received a phone call that her daughter was very sick with a fever. She left her work and stopped by the pharmacy to get some medication for her daughter.
Upon returning to her car she found that she had locked her keys in the car. She was in a hurry to get home to her sick daughter. She didn't know what to do, so she called her home and told the baby sitter what had happened and that she did not know what to do.
The baby sitter told her that her daughter was getting worse. She said, "You might find a coat hanger and use that to open the door." The woman looked around and found an old rusty coat hanger that had been thrown down on the ground, possibly by someone else who at some time or other had locked their keys in their car. Then she looked at the hanger and said, "I don't know how to use this." So she bowed her head and asked God to send her some help.
Within five minutes an old rusty car pulled up, with a dirty, greasy, bearded man who was wearing an old biker skull rag on his head. The woman thought, "This is what you sent to help me?" But, she was desperate, so she was also very thankful.
The man got out of his car and asked her if he could help. She said, "Yes, my daughter is very sick. I stopped to get her some medication and I locked my keys in my car. I must get home to her. Please, can you use this hanger to unlock my car?"
He said, "Sure". He walked over to the car, and in less than one minute the car was opened.
She hugged the man and through her tears she said, "Thank You So Much! You are a very nice man."
The man replied, "Lady, I am not a nice man. I just got out of prison yesterday. I was in prison for car theft and have only been out less than 24 hours."
The woman hugged the man again and with sobbing tears cried out loud, "Oh, Thank you God! You even sent me a Professional!"
God may not always send us what we expect, but He will always send us what we need. It's up to us to have the wisdom to recognize the difference and be thankful.

A Blessing Author Unknown
May God always provide for you
always show you mercy
always give you guidance
always direct your steps
always watch over you
always show you the truth
always give you the strength
to trust Him in all things.

Read Through The Bible
Ezra 3
Worship Restored at Jerusalem
1 And when the seventh month had come, and the children of Israel were in the cities, the people gathered together as one man to Jerusalem. 2 Then Jeshua the son of Jozadak and his brethren the priests, and Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel and his brethren, arose and built the altar of the God of Israel, to offer burnt offerings on it, as it is written in the Law of Moses the man of God. 3 Though fear had come upon them because of the people of those countries, they set the altar on its bases; and they offered burnt offerings on it to the Lord, both the morning and evening burnt offerings. 4 They also kept the Feast of Tabernacles, as it is written, and offered the daily burnt offerings in the number required by ordinance for each day. 5 Afterwards they offered the regular burnt offering, and those for New Moons and for all the appointed feasts of the Lord that were consecrated, and those of everyone who willingly offered a freewill offering to the Lord. 6 From the first day of the seventh month they began to offer burnt offerings to the Lord, although the foundation of the temple of the Lord had not been laid. 7 They also gave money to the masons and the carpenters, and food, drink, and oil to the people of Sidon and Tyre to bring cedar logs from Lebanon to the sea, to Joppa, according to the permission which they had from Cyrus king of Persia.
Restoration of the Temple Begins
8 Now in the second month of the second year of their coming to the house of God at Jerusalem, Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and the rest of their brethren the priests and the Levites, and all those who had come out of the captivity to Jerusalem, began work and appointed the Levites from twenty years old and above to oversee the work of the house of the Lord. 9 Then Jeshua with his sons and brothers, Kadmiel with his sons, and the sons of Judah, arose as one to oversee those working on the house of God: the sons of Henadad with their sons and their brethren the Levites. 10 When the builders laid the foundation of the temple of the Lord, the priests stood in their apparel with trumpets, and the Levites, the sons of Asaph, with cymbals, to praise the Lord, according to the ordinance of David king of Israel. 11 And they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the Lord: “For He is good, For His mercy endures forever toward Israel.” Then all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid. 12 But many of the priests and Levites and heads of the fathers’ houses, old men who had seen the first temple, wept with a loud voice when the foundation of this temple was laid before their eyes. Yet many shouted aloud for joy, 13 so that the people could not discern the noise of the shout of joy from the noise of the weeping of the people, for the people shouted with a loud shout, and the sound was heard afar off.

Here's my prayer to my Higher Power: I admit and accept that I am powerless, that I have no control over my life, other people, or situations. I need your help to guide me and be my strength each and every day. Please keep me safe and free. Help me to learn to live with my past and to share it with others so that it may benefit them. Help me to accept my humanness. Take away my selfishness and liabilities so I can become closer to you and to other people. Help me to find the people I've harmed and to repair the damage I've done. Help me each day to understand and be aware of my weaknesses and strengths, that I may help instead of harm other people. Teach me to be humble. Help me to constantly be aware of your will for me. Allow me to offer hope and strength to others who suffer the pain of life. Help me to do what is right instead of needing to be right. Help me guide others to your way of life, so they, too, can find the peace of mind and calmness of heart I have found. --Free At Last

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply