Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Where are they now?

Where have all the people gone?

Have you gone back out to do some more research?

Have you ever considered the thought of the people who were there for you when you came into recovery.

I wonder where they went?

Have you got so much recovery that you feel like you don't need to give it away, that you have done your part, yet Bill W. says if we don't give it away, we can't keep it.

Have you gotten yourself a life because you have substituted other drugs (people, places and things) for your drug of choice, and you think your choices are healthy. Do you know that it isn't the substance?

Have you forgotten that the substance isn't the disease, it is a soul sickness which is an allergy to the body, an obsession of the mind which tells us we are just F I N E!

I don't have a drinking and drugging problem.

I have a disease that affects my perception and alters my reality.

This same disease doesn't want me to get real, it loves that fantasy world, and it loves the illusions of grandeur and the hipe of being "fixed" when in reality we are looking at other things to get our fix!

Have you ever picked up a cigarette and waited for the pain and the hunger to go away?

Have you ever turned on your computer or TV to shut out the world because you can't face what is going on in your life.

Have you ever had a feeling and you chose to stuff it and ate that whole bag of cookies or gone for that second helping which you didn't really need.

Anything that stands between you and what God would have you do with your life, becomes you LOWER POWER and your HIGHER POWER is no longer the force in your life.

How do I know?

Been there and done it. This is a one day at a time program. All I have is today. I am given freedom of choice. What I do with that choice is up to me. I choose sobriety and gratitude (an action word) for the second chance at life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 07-06-2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: duplicate post
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply