Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Daily Gratitude

Share This Forum!  

Daily Gratitude Make sure to stop in here and share what you are grateful/thankful for today. No matter how bad our day is, there is always something to be thankful for.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2016, 10:35 AM   #2
plumbing1953

Gratitude...where do I start? The road of life for me had reached it's end 5 years ago living in a makeshift "camp" with other homeless brothers and sisters.There were tornado warnings in the area and it was pouring out! The tent I was "living" in wasn't waterproof,I had not slept for days and I was helpless,hopeless and homeless of my own doing.On September 5th 2011 I sat up and just asked GOD to help me...and HE did!! I knew that very moment that I would never be alone again! I walked from the woods to a local hospital with all my earthly possessions in my backpack to get detoxed again,and somehow I knew this would be my last detox. On the way to the hospital,in a driving rain,a local police officer stopped and asked me if I needed a ride(imagine that,for the first time in my life I would be riding in the front seat of a police car).She asked where I was going and I told her I was going to get detoxed...I wasn't ashamed anymore! She told me she was also going to the hospital because she had dropped her sister off to get detoxed the previous night.That was 4-1/2 years ago and I have never looked back.I don't post very often and just wanted to tell everyone one that as long as you have hope,GOD wll never let you down! I have been truly blessed with a place of my own,a great job(I will share this blessing later) and a sober and free life,away from the alcohol and other substances...GOD IS GREAT
plumbing1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plumbing1953 For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply