Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2015, 09:17 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Osho says that greed is being other than where you are in the moment. A different way of saying, "The grass is greener on the other side of the fence."

My drug of choice was always more. One or two were not concepts that I understood. It was always two or more. Some is good, more is better. Always looking for that instant gratification, looking for something outside of myself to make me feel better.

Recognizing when enough is enough. Turning the thinking over to my Higher Power. Asking for help to change and as they say, "Nothing changes if nothing changes." If you have a greedy addict and he gets clean, you still have a greedy person who needs to have that spiritual change in his attitude.

=====

A long time since I felt 'lust' although there was a time when it was always on my mind. I lived my life through my relationships and I lived to make them happy. I thought it was my job to keep them happy and content and in return, it was there job to return the favour. Only it didn't work out that way. It was pretty sick thinking. Two needy people together makes for a very sick relationship.

=====

Just read all the questions under anger and cringed. My answer was "Yes" to all of the above.

I never felt anger enough to be able to let it go. It didn't make itself known until I was 7 years in the program. Some was buried so deep that it took a long time to surface. My counsellor said, "If you don't feel anger you should. You have a lot to be angry about."

When I got angry, it was often compounded interest because I hadn't let go of the past. You done me wrong, and I may forgive but I won't forget! Sure suicide and a way of keeping yourself sick.

I still get memories after 20 years. The nice thing is that I have the tools to deal with it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply