Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Light at the End of the Tunnel

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Be still, and know that I am God:… Psalm 46:10

We recently moved into a new house, at least new to us. After almost ten years of marriage, living in the same house, we decided to take the plunge and move closer to “town.” Now, I’m not what you would call a clutter-person. I think of myself as very organized, and I easily let go of little things that are tedious and cluttersome. However, when I started packing, I found that over the last ten years we’ve accumulated quite a lot of stuff. So the packing began and went on and on and on. We were only moving about 15 minutes away, so I decided to take small loads every time I was headed in the direction of the new house. After six weeks of moving small loads by myself (my husband is disabled), I was tired of moving, and the furniture and final necessities were still in our old house. Finally, the movers came and carried all our final things away as we said our good-byes to the memories we had made together there.

Our first night in the new place was exciting. Everything was nice and new, fresh, untouched, a blank slate for us to put our personal touches on. The next morning I realized the real work had only just begun. Unpacking with a 17-month-old “helping” is quite a chore. I soon found my only work time was going to be during her 3-hour naptime. It was going to be quite an unpacking job with this working time span. At the same time, we were busy doing some light construction and cleaning at our old house so the next residents could move in. All this while living our usual everyday lives working, cooking, doing laundry, and keeping a schedule. Life had gotten very overwhelming for me.

I had to remind myself, daily and often, I am only one person; I can only do so much; it’s okay to ask for help; and most importantly, God will help me accomplish whatever it is that He feels needs to be done. Each day I’d set myself a small accomplishable goal, Today I’m going to unpack and settle these five boxes. By the end of the day, I’d have accomplished that goal and gone a little further. All because I surrendered my days to what the Lord would have me do. He multiplied my time and energy. He provided friends and family willing to help. He provided a light at the end of the tunnel. All I had to do was to be still and remember who He is and who I’m not without Him.

Lord, life gets so crazy sometimes. It’s easy to lose sight of how we can find rest in you. Help us to be still today, Lord, even in the busyness, and remember who you are to us.

Lindsey
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply