Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-01-2014, 12:47 AM   #1
yukonm
Administrator

Default Reflections for Every Day - February

February 1

Tree Says:

I tentatively started attending meetings and found out I was not alone. Before long I was eagerly attending meetings and hungrily sucking up the love and knowledge I found there. I now have a sponsor and I am working the steps. I am happier in recovery than I have been prior to finding the rooms.
Recovery does not happen overnight. It is a process that can sometimes be painful but the benefits that we reap from recovery are so wonderful that the growing pains are well worth it!

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2014, 06:48 AM   #2
yukonm
Administrator

February 2

Joan G. Says:

I crawled into an Al-Anon meeting for the first time in February 1992 approximately 11 months after I had kicked my husband out in a fit of rage, my best thinking convinced me that losing his family would do the trick, surely now he'll sober up! I came to Al-Anon hoping the good folks there would teach me how to sober him up because my plan did not seem to be working. I fixated a long time after getting to Al-Anon on getting my husband back but only if he were sober.
The obsession eased off gradually as I got a sponsor, took service commitments, went to meeting, made calls, worked the steps, helped newcomers, the things that we do. Just as things were getting better my 13 year old son started coming home drunk every night. Thank God I had a program.

One Day At A Time

Old 02-03-2014, 07:25 AM   #3
yukonm
Administrator

February 3

Karen C. Says:

I've come to see the benefit of one day at a time revelations. "More will be revealed" is a wonderful concept. It speaks of the surprise, the new thought, the inspiration right around the corner. The program is one of newness. I feel new. My eyes sparkle, my laugh is heartier, I am more lighthearted. Before I was stern, I judged others more and I was more certain of being right. Boy did I ever find out that I was dead wrong.
Now, I say, "Hmmm, well more will be revealed, I'm not in charge." I'm easier on myself and others. I instinctively know to hold my tongue, to smile more. To live and let live gives me and my loved ones freedom.

One Day At A Time

Old 02-04-2014, 06:06 AM   #4
yukonm
Administrator

February 4

Linn B. Says:

We go into the future with both of our hands being held by other recovering people. Since I have been clean and sober, I have never gone through anything alone. This is a choice that I must make - to take that hand offered to me, or sit alone in my misery. Thanks for over 14 years of hands!

One Day At A Time

Old 02-05-2014, 06:22 AM   #5
yukonm
Administrator

February 5

Eaydo Says:

I act like a old-timer, but continue to learn like a newcomer.

One Day At A Time

Old 02-06-2014, 07:27 AM   #6
yukonm
Administrator

February 6

Finn S. Says:

Sometimes living life one day at a time seems like too much to handle and all the walls I've built up with my lifetime of rebellion against the religious God I grew up with make me feel like a phony when I pray. What helped a lot in the first days of sobriety and still helps to clear my mind and find peace is when I stop and remember to: Breathe in, Breathe out, Don't drink in between.

One Day At A Time

Old 02-07-2014, 08:09 AM   #7
yukonm
Administrator

February 7

Jason M. Says:

It happened just as I heard hundreds of times before at meetings... My relapse just didn't "happen" - it was a gradual progression. I stopped going to meetings, stopped talking to sober people. Stopped praying. Self pity. Ego with an inferiority complex.... that was me. After I hit bottom again I came back through God's help (and family) and thought I knew how to get sober.
I didn't know much of anything and had to re-learn most of what I was previously given through the program. I learned this because I had no "tools" or defenses against the first drink.

One Day At A Time

Old 02-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 8

Teresa D. Says:

This disease can strike at any given moment. I usually know now that the chaos and confusion is a great indication that the disease is revealing it's ugliness. Now, my program gives me the tools to stop - take a deep breath - in and out - then immediately do Step 3 - and just by making a conscience decision to turn my will over to the care of God brings me back to a good place. Everything gets better after this and what is really cool I can do that anytime - anywhere.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:41 AM   #9
yukonm
Administrator

February 9

Steve R. Says:

One must keep an open mind in recovery. The ways of the past clearly don't work, and what works for one in recovery doesn't necessarily work for another. This is one of the reasons meetings and one-on-one contact with other members of recovery fellowships is so important. You're exposed to a variety of ways and attitudes to cope with your disease, and hear may differing views on and ways to approach the miracle called recovery. You need to listen for what makes sense to you, no matter what the source, and integrate it into your own recovery program. If it works for you, fine. If it doesn't, discard it, and try something else.

One Day At A Time

Old 02-10-2014, 06:53 AM   #10
yukonm
Administrator

February 10

Edie Says:

After sifting through 12 years worth of pearls of wisdom from other alcoholics, I've decided the most important thing for me is to be true to myself -- learn to accept myself as I really am and try to love myself -- everything else will follow because we tend to treat other people according to how we feel about ourselves and what goes around comes around.

One Day At A Time

The Following User Says Thank You to yukonm For Sharing:
Old 02-11-2014, 06:53 AM   #11
yukonm
Administrator

February 11

Katelynn D. Says:

Alcoholism is a disease, and without treatment, it will only progress. Unfortunately, this disease contributed in the death of the man I divorced and many others that I was close to through out my life. This memory is a constant reminder, that we all have choices to make each day. My choice today is to live sober and drug-free, and for that, I am truly grateful.

One Day At A Time

Old 02-12-2014, 07:14 AM   #12
yukonm
Administrator

February 12

Joan G. Says:

Today my thinking is along different lines. My life, my responsibilities, my family, my choices, my career, my feelings, my likes and dislikes, all things I lost sight of in my disease. I never got together again with my husband and he's still drinking. I give my son the dignity and respect to live his own life and we have a good relationship today. And by the grace of God, I have a life, my life.

One Day At A Time

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yukonm For Sharing:
Old 02-13-2014, 07:02 AM   #13
yukonm
Administrator

February 13

Clarice Says:

My miracle is that, in Al-Anon, I finally learned how to get out of the way. I came to believe I am not my son's Higher Power, and I am not his sponsor. I cannot change his response to his disease. I can change my response to his disease and to everyone and every thing I try to control!

One Day At A Time

Old 02-14-2014, 07:09 AM   #14
yukonm
Administrator

February 14

Jason M. Says:

After about four times of going back out on one night binges or a stint of a week or two, I finally started doing what was suggested. PRAY, call someone in the program when I have an craving. Basically, take suggestions and not follow my will and try to do it on my own, because I learned I can't do it on my own.

One Day At A Time

Old 02-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #15
yukonm
Administrator

February 15

Lisabuela Says:

I love the experiential nature of the program. I get to encounter another. I get to sit in a circle where there is no cross talk only designated space for each and every person to be heard. Silence is fine too. It's an exquisite encounter of intimacy. It includes the sublime and the inspired, the sweet and the confused!

One Day At A Time

Post New ThreadReply