Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 23

Do they not go astray who devise evil? But mercy and truth belong to those who devise good. Proverbs 14:22

Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. Lamentations 3:23
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #32
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 24

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13

Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

Matthew 6:34 — Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Much worry comes from carrying today the burdens of yesterday and the dreads of tomorrow. This is unnecessary and unhealthy. Lessons from the past can be learned without living in it. We can plan for the future without dwelling on it. Now is all we have. Let’s invest it, enjoy it, profit from it. Let’s not lose it to worry. — Randy Alcorn
Old 02-25-2014, 07:36 AM   #34
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 25

Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ Matthew 22:37-39

The Lord is my light and my salvation - so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? Psalm 27:1

Micah 7:18 —

Who is a God like you,
who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
but delight to show mercy.

God delights to show mercy! He does not forgive grudgingly, but is glad when we repent and offers forgiveness to all who come back to Him. Today you can confess your sins and receive His loving forgiveness. Don't be too proud to accept God's free offer.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 02-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #36
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 26

In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 1 John 4:9

You are the light of the world - like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. Matthew 5:14
Old 02-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #38
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 27

My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 1 John 3:18

The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. John 1:4

Ephesians 5:15-16 — Be very careful, then, how you live — not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.

Live carefully. This means thoughtfully, intentionally, and according to the will of God revealed in Scripture. In the broadest sense, it means that you make the most of the time that you have by living according to your God-given purpose. This is important, not only because it is right, but also because the days are evil. The world, the flesh, and the Devil are working against the purpose for your life and seeking your ruin! Careful living is the intentional use of your time for God's glory, the good of others, and your own progress in the faith. It is living for a purpose that takes both the end and the journey seriously.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:45 AM   #40
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 28

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all. 1 John 1:5

Matthew 18:21-22 — Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?"

Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

You don't have to wait for an apology to forgive. Forgiveness is not only about others, but about our own spiritual growth. Love and forgiveness cannot be separated. If we choose to live out the love of God as the purpose in our life, then forgiveness is an option that cannot be avoided.
Post New ThreadReply