Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2016, 10:59 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - March 18

Are there times when you find it hard to believe the promises of God? Tell God how you feel. If you can speak this honestly to God it shows that you have faith in the God who promises you so much.

When we commit ourselves to times of solitude with the Lord, we cannot know what will happen...How we will change, in what directions we might grow. But we can be certain that time with God will result in something good, something beneficial for us and for those around us." - Penelope J. Stokes

Fear not because your prayer is stammering, your words feeble, and your language poor. Jesus can understand you. (J. C. Ryle)

We become more like Christ when we put others first.

During each stage of my journey, God will be with me.

When we mess up and do the wrong thing, we must repent, ask forgiveness, and change our behavior. With God’s help, we can progress and grow stronger in our faith.

God created this beautiful earth with boundless dedication and love and then entrusted it to us. Rather than squander this gift, we can resolve to care for, nurture, and cherish it.

What Are You Thinking? by Joyce Meyer
Did you know you can be free from negative thinking? The first step to your freedom is facing the truth and saying, "I'm a negative person and I want to change." If you really want to, you can overcome it because according to the Bible, you're a new person in Christ (see 2 Corinthians 5:17).
Your next step is to find out what may be blocking any positive progress.
Identify Your Obstacles: Have you ever thought that nothing good is going to happen to you? Maybe you've even said something like "If I don't expect anything good to happen, I won't be disappointed if it doesn't."These thoughts are obstacles in your mind, and simply recognizing them will pave the way to your freedom. As Christians, we need to learn to fight for our thoughts, because our minds don't automatically come into agreement with God's plans.
I can look back at it and remember thinking, I'm probably never going to be in worldwide ministry—I probably just made that up because I wanted it to happen. It probably wasn't God's will at all. This was my obstacle, and it was a lie all the time. I had encountered so many disappointments in my life that I was afraid to believe anything good might happen. And when I really began to study the Word and to trust God to restore me, I realized my negativism had to go.
Practice the Positive : Once you've identified any obstacles, the next step is to start practicing being positive in all kinds of situations. If you're going through a difficult time in life, start believing that God will work things out for your good.
Even positive thinkers deal with disappointing situations. The difference is that they have learned to let things roll off their back and enjoy life no matter what happens.
Say What God's Word Says : Nearly everything God has brought me through has happened by believing and confessing His Word. I recommend that you not only purposely think right thoughts, but that you go the extra mile and speak them out loud as personal confessions of faith (see Mark 4:24).
Basically, God's telling us that the more time we spend meditating on His Word, the more we will see the benefits in our everyday lives and even have a closer relationship with Him. He even promises we'll be prosperous and successful! (See Joshua 1:8.)
I encourage you to spend time examining His Word and comparing it to your thought life. Give God time to help you put your thoughts in line with His.
Make up your mind to work toward changing your way of thinking. I've found the best way to become a positive thinker is to ask God for a lot of help—and to ask for it often.

Time To Prune by Joel Jongkind
Almost a year ago, my wife got an azalea plant from one of our children for Mother's Day. It sat in front of a window where it got the early morning sun. Then suddenly during the summer, the outer ends of the branches started to wither, the leaves turned brown and fell off, and it quit blooming. My wife was ready to throw it out, but I persuaded her to let me have a look at it. I should add that I am the son of a rose grower, but I know very little about flowers. Nevertheless, I took the plant, cut off the dead parts, repotted it, and put it in a shady place on the back deck. Every day, I checked it for moisture and watered it when necessary. Gradually, new branches started to grow, and deep green leaves sprouted. In the fall, we brought it in and put it on the windowsill again. In January, it was in full bloom, actually better than it was when we first got it.
Jesus tells us that He is the vine, we are the branches, and God is the Master Pruner:
John 15:2-6 – Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. (NKJV)
There are times when we, too, are not doing well from a spiritual point of view. Quite often, we try to nurse ourselves along, hoping that we will do better. But there often come times when God needs to get out the pruning shears and radically cut off what is hurting our faith life. It may be a situation at home, at work, or in the church. It may be either a relatively harmless or even a harmful addiction which has developed over the years. It may just be a daily situation which hurts our faith life.
It is sometimes necessary to undergo what I did with the plant, when God does some pruning, and we make some changes, so that we can bear more fruit.
Prayer: Our Father in heaven, we ask that, if there are things which we need to change, You will speak to our hearts. We ask it in Jesus' name. Amen.

Time For What? Author Unknown
I may be retired, but as so many "retireds" know, it doesn't mean that we are idle. It means that we have more time to do things that we want to do, or at least, we can choose what we will do. That, at any rate, is the theory. The reality is that I am just as busy as ever. Having decided to be involved in one thing or another, tasks seem to mushroom into colliding commitments and too-full days. I do it to myself. There is so much that is worthwhile to do. But sometimes, I fear that I will lose myself in the midst of it all and drown in a sea of "gotta do's".
I'm not alone. It seems as if everyone that I talk to is like that, at whatever stage of life they are. Perhaps it is a tactic of the enemy to keep us from doing the important things. So, I'm having a dinner party for my neighbours tomorrow. In the middle of winter, we don't see each other much. I look forward to the singles and couples who will be here. It's not a big group — small enough to chat and catch up, to sense where they are at in their lives. One couple who moved to the neighbourhood this past summer are young, very busy "marrieds", no kids. They are so busy that I'm not even sure of his name, although I heard it in passing. So I look forward to building some community.
Connecting with people is so important in our world, be they brothers and sisters in Christ or not. It is an opportunity to reach out and draw out some of the people who are so busy that they haven't time to think or breathe. We never know where it will take us. I think of Jesus in the marketplace, talking to ordinary people. He always had time for them:
Luke 10:38 – Now as they went on their way, he entered a village; and a woman named Martha received him into her house. (RSV)
Luke 11:37 – While he was speaking, a Pharisee asked him to dine with him; so he went in and sat at table. (RSV)
Luke 14:1 – One sabbath when he went to dine at the house of a ruler who belonged to the Pharisees, they were watching him. (RSV)
John 4:6-7 – Jacob's well was there, and so Jesus, wearied as he was with his journey, sat down beside the well. It was about the sixth hour. There came a woman of Samaria to draw water. Jesus said to her, "Give me a drink." (RSV)
I pray that He might start something among us in our time. It is worth the risk.
Thought: Am I so busy with "stuff" that I am missing something?
Prayer: Lord, the world is such a busy place. Help us to be busy about Your business. Amen.

The Church on the Mount by Mason Barge
“For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”~ Matthew 17:20
In 1973, Grace Church in Netcong, New Jersey faced an insurmountable problem, for they had built a sanctuary on a recently acquired eight-acre property, half of which was occupied by mountain and woods. The county, however, would not grant them permanent occupancy until enough parking space was provided and the only place they could build it was unbuildable. One Sunday morning, Pastor Ray Crawford told the congregation: “If you believe this scripture come and pray with me on Wednesday night that God will remove the mountain from the back of the church.”
The next morning, the phone rang from a telephone company planning to erect new building and needed to fill and reclaim a large swampy site. They had information that the mountain at the back of the church had correct proportions of sand, clay and rock which was required to reclaim their swampy site. Within a month from the date of the phone call, 40,000 square yards of fill had been evacuated, and the church was paid $5400. God not only honored the faith of his servant by removing the mountain, but also provided him with funds for paving the site for the parking space. Grace Church is now called Grace Church on the Mount.
Mountains are just prayers that have not yet been prayed.
May I cast my burden upon the Lord and find faith to move a mountain in my life. Amen.

Oh, Taste and See That The Lord Is Good from Daily Light: Morning and Evening Devotional
Taste and see that the Lord is good. — Psalm 34:8
Morning
The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.
Praise the Lord of hosts, for the Lord is good, for His mercy endures forever. • God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. • I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.” • Who is like You, a people saved by the Lord, the shield of Your help and the sword of Your majesty! • As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. For who is God, except the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?
If anyone loves God, this one is known by Him. • The solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” • The Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly shall perish. • You have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name.
Nahum 1:7; Jeremiah 33:11; Psalm 46:1; 91:2; Deuteronomy 33:29; 2 Samuel 22:31-32; 1 Corinthians 8:3; 2 Timothy 2:19; Psalm 1:6; Exodus 33:17
Evening
I want you to be without care.
He cares for you. • The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
The young lions lack and suffer hunger; but those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing. • Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? • Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
1 Corinthians 7:32; 1 Peter 5:7; 2 Chronicles 16:9; Psalm 34:8; Psalm 34:10; Matthew 6:25-26; Philippians 4:6-7
Your Turn: Praise the Lord for He is good! It’s a goodness that we can experience, witness, and even participate in every day, no matter what our circumstances. What goodness of God do you proclaim today?

JESUS IN THE HOUSE
One day he decided to invite the Lord to come home and stay with him. When the Lord arrived, this young man offered him the very best room in the house. The room was upstairs and at the end of the hall. "This room is yours, Jesus! Stay as long as you like and you can do whatever you want to in this room, remember Jesus, it’s all yours."
That evening after he had retired for the night there came a loud knocking at the front door. The young man pulled on his robe and made his way downstairs. When he opened the door he found that the devil had sent three of his demons to attack the man. He quickly tried to close the door but one of the demons kept sticking his foot in.
Sometime later, after a great struggle, he managed to slam the door shut and returned to his room totally exhausted.
Can you believe that," the man thought. Jesus is upstairs in my very best room sleeping while I am down here battling demons. Oh, well, maybe he just didn't hear. He slept fitfully that night. The next day thing went along as normal and, being tired as he was, the young man retired early that evening. Along about midnight, there came such a terrible ruckus at the front door that the young man was sure that whatever it was would tear the door down. He stumbled down the stairs once again and opened the door to find that were dozens of demons now trying to get into his beautiful home.
For more than three hours he fought and struggled against the demons from hell, and finally overtook them enough to shut the door against their attack. All energy seemed to fail him. He really didn't understand this at all. Why won't the Lord come to my rescue? Why does he allow me to fight all by myself? I feel so alone. Troubled, he found his way to the sofa and fell into a restless sleep.
The next morning he decided to inquire of the Lord about the happenings of the last two evenings. Quietly he made his way to the elegant bedroom where he had left Jesus. "Jesus," he called as he tapped at the door. "Lord, I don't understand what is happening. For the last two nights I have had to fight the demons away from my door while you laid up here sleeping. Don't you care about me? Did I not give you the very best room in the house?"
He could see the tears building in Jesus' eyes but continued on, "I just don't understand, I really thought that once I invited you in to live with me that you would take care of me and I gave you the best room in my house and everything. What more can I do?"
"My precious child," Jesus spoke so softly. "I do love and care for you. I protect all that you have released into my care. But, when you invited me to come here and stay, you brought me to this lovely room and you shut the door to the rest of your house. I am Lord of this room but I am not Master of this house.
I have protected this room and no demon may enter here."
"Oh, Lord, please forgive me. Take all of my house -- it is yours. I am so sorry that I never offered you all to begin with. I want you to have control of everything." With this he flung open the bedroom door and knelt at Jesus' feet. "Please forgive me Lord for being so selfish."
Jesus smiled and told him that He had already forgiven him and that He would take care of things from now on. That night as the young man prepared for bed he thought, I wonder if those demons will return, I am so tired of fighting them each and every night. But, he knew that Jesus said that he would take care of things from now on.
Along about midnight the banging on the door was frightening. The young man slipped out of his room in time to see Jesus going down the stairs. He watched in awe as Jesus swung open the door, no need to be afraid.
Satan stood at the door, this time demanding to be let in. "What do you want, satan?" the Lord asked. The devil bowed low in the presence of the Lord, "So sorry, I seem to have gotten the wrong address." And with that, he and the demons all ran away.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
These days will require strength and focus for you to make it through successfully. And, when things become difficult you must resist the temptation to give in to stress. Be calm and lean on Me for all that you need. I am with you and for you, says the Lord. Do not despair. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—

I speak to the many who have forgotten that you are not victims. You must stop wallowing in self-pity. Get up, dust yourself off, and begin to move forward with strength and confidence in My ability in you to overcome, says the Lord. Be strong! 2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.

If you will allow it, I will take you to a high place where you can see your life objectively, apart from emotional investment, to gain a broader perspective. From this view, you will be able to see My work in your life more clearly and completely. And, you can rejoice in the mercy I have shown you, the favor that has surrounded you, and the grace that has empowered you to accomplish what I have set before you, says the Lord. This outlook will also distance you from the past and release you to move ahead unencumbered. Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

When you are afraid that things will not work out the way you hoped or imagined, just be quiet. Silence is a space in which I can bring truth that will overcome assumptions. Know that you belong to Me, and I will cause you to see what needs to be done in every situation. Let me lead you out of this maze of confusion and fear, says the Lord. Psalms 131:2 Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with his mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
You can do this! You are called as My children to reap the benefits that I have set forth in My word. For, it will be given to those who abide in My kingdom, which will manifest in your life in a fresh way. So, from this point on make a determination that you can be what I have called you to be. You can do what I have said you can do. You can come higher into the realm of the Spirit and be more effective. You can see My power move in your life, which will cause your life to become inspired. Your journey into faith can be exciting. The glory of the kingdom will be demonstrated, says the Lord.

What will your one step of faith be in this new season? It is the first step that leads to victory. You will be given the opportunity to step out in faith in a new way. You are a supernatural people, and your God is saying, “Take one step of faith to begin this new and exciting journey, and with your first step the supernatural will be revealed.”

When I Linger in His Presence
Sometimes when shadows linger
And darkness veils the night
When pain obscures my vision
And things aren’t going right.
When the world around me crumbles
And a friend cannot be found
When tomorrow holds no promise
And life has got me down.
When I am at my lowest
And I can bear no more
I cry to Him in anguish
He greets me at the door.
He gently whispers to me
My soul has found release
My troubles start to perish
My worries seem to cease.
The hardships I have known
Seem to vanish with the wind
When I seek His loving Spirit
And I humbly let Him in.
All the turmoil that surrounds me
Seems to fade like shifting sand
When I linger in His presence
And He gently takes my hand.
Marilyn Ferguson

Almighty Power by Joni Kassel
The lightning may dance 'cross the Heavens;
The earth shaking thunders may roll;
Yet fear not, The Saviour is watching
and He holds each threat in control.
In Heaven and In Earth, He has Power;
O'er storms, or diseases, or pain.
No harm of this world may befall us,
If we'll place our trust, In His Name.
As a Lion, satan roams o'er this earthland;
To devour every soul, he can touch.
He enjoys spreading fear and diseases..
With tornado's and cancer and such.
But that devil's "No Match" for the Saviour;
All his roaming is surely in vain.
By the Almighty Power of Jesus,
He'll destroy every storm, every pain.
On the cross, Jesus bore all our sorrows;
With His Blood Jesus paid for our sin.
Now He stands at our hearts door, just knocking...
He'll protect us, If we'll let Him in.
All the storms, all the fears that we face here;
All diseases that surface each hour...
In the blink of an eye they'll be conquered,
By God's Son and His "Almighty Power".
We should drop to our knees and just praise Him...
Give Him glory and honor each hour.
Then just lift up our eye's to the Saviour
and "Relax" in His Wonderous Power.
There's no fear, no disease that can harm us,
as the devil roams over the land.
For the Saviour's been given "All Power"
and we're held in "The Palm Of His Hand".

John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. — 1 Peter 5:10

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. — John 16:33

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing. Romans 15:13

If anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new! - 2 Corinthians 5:17

The LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. - Psalm 84:11

“I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” - Jeremiah 29:11

The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it. - Psalm 24:1

THE NEXT STEP by Steve May
Monday Memo from PreachingLibrary.comI was reading earlier about Cal Ripken's record.
You know which one I'm talking about: He played 2632 consecutive baseball games. This is a record that may stay in the books forever; he'll certainly be remembered forever as a legend in the game.
Many sports records are set when a player gets on a hot streak — he has a good game or a good month or even a good season.
Ripken's record is the result of a 'hot streak' that lasted more than 16 years. Day after day he simply took the next step in the right direction, one game at a time.
Something many people don't know about Ripken is that during his first year as a pro — while playing minor league ball in West Virginia — he made his mark in a different way: he committed a league-leading 33 errors at short-stop.
Not a good start, and since his dad was already well-known in baseball, many analysts said he was just an over-rated kid, not good enough for life in the big leagues.
But Cal kept taking one more step in the right direction, one game at a time.
Later in his career he went 95 consecutive games without making an error, and committed only three in an entire season — another record he holds.
Ripken's habit of taking one more step led him through his own "worst to first" journey.
It's a journey you can take, too. God wants to pour out his grace in your life. He wants to change you through and through. He wants to give you victory over sin, and the power to live the life you were created to live.
Right now, if you feel like you're the worst, he wants to help you move in the direction of becoming first.
Admit that you can't do it on your own. Ask God to ignite the transforming power of his grace in your life. Then, in his power, take that all-important next step in the right direction.
The journey from worst is made with the next step.

Thank you, God, for loving us. Help us to put our trust in you, knowing that you will strengthen us and help us through difficult times. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 6
1 Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. 2 Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint; heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony. 3 My soul is in deep anguish. How long, Lord, how long? 4 Turn, Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love. 5 Among the dead no one proclaims your name. Who praises you from the grave? 6 I am worn out from my groaning. All night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. 7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes. 8 Away from me, all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard my weeping. 9 The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer. 10 All my enemies will be overwhelmed with shame and anguish; they will turn back and suddenly be put to shame.

Dear Father, we thank you for the future, whatever may come. We are blessed to know that you will be with us through both happy and difficult times. Thank you for helping us to stay open to your leading and guidance.We pray in the name of your son, Jesus. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply