Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 2/21

"If God is your co-pilot, swap seats."

"Some people complain because God put thorns on roses while others praise Him for putting roses on thorns."

"God can mend all broken hearts. You just have to give him all the pieces."

God's presence shines in every loving act.

Today I will ask for God's guidance as I make choices.

The Bible's words of reassurance are God's gift to us.

God's grace will enable us to live as the Bible tells us to live.

Right Attitudes Change Everything Author Unknown
Nick Herman started his first career in the army and later got a position as a dishwasher. It turned out to be the only job he would keep for many years of his life. Washing dishes for 14 hours a day, the ho-hum of pots and pans, he endured the noise of shouting cooks and being the least important of all the workers.
Then Nick made a decision, an attitude change. He chose to bring God into the kitchen! He began to wash dishes as a way to show love for the Lord. Everything changed. Nick said, “We ought not to be weary of doing little things for the love of God, who regards not the greatness of the work, but the love with which it is performed… All things are possible to him that believes.”
Nick worked 62 years serving others as a lay Carmelite monk in France, and died quietly at age 80. Millions know his spiritual name as Brother Lawrence. His book “The Practice of the Presence of God” is still in bookstores 400 years after his death! Brother Lawrence’s remarkable faith replaced drudgery with delight in the presence of a loving Lord.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (1 Cor 10:31)

I Have Seen the Face of the Captain Author Unknown
Robert Louis Stevenson loved to recount the story of a ship tossed in a storm. The sea was rough and the rocky coast perilous. Danger was real and dread expectancy active among the seamen. One frantic sailor who was laboring below the water line could contain himself no longer. He rushed to the control room, closed the door behind himself, and stood frozen in fright watching the captain wrestle with the controls of the huge ship.
Skill of mind and strength of hand enabled the captain to guide the vessel through the threatening rocks into open water. The Captain turned slightly, looked at the frightened sailor, and smiled. The youth returned below deck and assured the crew all danger was over. When they inquired how he knew, he answered, "I have seen the face of the Captain, and he smiled at me."
If you will only "turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful face, the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace." When you know who is in control, there is no fear.

GROCERY LIST Author Unknown
Louise Redden, a poorly dressed lady with a look of defeat on her face, walked into a grocery store.
She approached the owner of the store in a most humble manner and asked if he would let her charge a few groceries.
She softly explained that her husband was very ill and unable to work, they had seven children and they needed food.
John Longhouse, the grocer, scoffed at her and requested that she leave his store at once.
Visualizing the family needs, she said: 'Please, sir! I will bring you the money just as soon as I can.'
John told her he could not give her credit, since she did not have a charge account at his store.
Standing beside the counter was a customer who overheard the conversation between the two. The customer walked forward and told the grocer that he would stand good for whatever she needed for her family. The grocer said in a very reluctant voice, 'Do you have a grocery list?'
Louise replied, 'Yes sir.'
'O.K' he said, 'put your grocery list on the scales and whatever your grocery list weighs, I will give you that amount in groceries.'
Louise hesitated a moment with a bowed head, then she reached into her purse and took out a piece of paper and scribbled something on it. She then laid the piece of paper on the scale carefully with her head still bowed.
The eyes of the grocer and the customer showed amazement when the scales went down and stayed down..
The grocer, staring at the scales, turned slowly to the customer and said begrudgingly, 'I can't believe it.'
The customer smiled and the grocer started putting the groceries on the other side of the scales. The scale did not balance so he continued to put more and more groceries on them until the scales would hold no more.
The grocer stood there in utter disgust. Finally, he grabbed the piece of paper from the scales and looked at it with greater amazement.
It was not a grocery list, it was a prayer, which said:
'Dear Lord, you know my needs and I am leaving this in your hands.'
The grocer gave her the groceries that he had gathered and stood in stunned silence.
Louise thanked him and left the store. The other customer handed a fifty-dollar bill to the grocer and said, 'It was worth every penny of it. Only God Knows how much a prayer weighs.'
So dear heart, trust God to heal the sick, provide food for the hungry, clothes and shelter for those that don't have as we do. Amen & Amen.

Mrs. P's Devotionals
When life becomes a maze of confusion, stop and quiet your soul. You have overreacted to the onslaught of emotions that have assaulted your sensibilities. Spend whatever time is necessary to get your emotions under control, get your thoughts aligned with the word of truth, and re-focus. Come into My presence for a time of refreshing. Ask, and I will give you wisdom and direction and take what seems incredibly complicated and reduce it to simple faith and trust, says the Lord. Come!
Acts 3:19 "Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord."

When you are faced a difficult situation take the time to be quiet and ask for direction and wisdom. Your first instinct will be to move ahead without benefit of careful thought and consideration of the problem. Don't panic. Stay calm and work through your dilemma with confidence that nothing is too difficult for Me, says the Lord, and I will show you the way.
Psalm 5:8 Lead me, O LORD, in Your righteousness because of my enemies; make Your way straight before my face.

My grace is sufficient for you
I am indeed releasing a wave of grace. My grace is sufficient for you. Arise and run to the battle. Set the standard. Believe the word of the Lord. Dress yourself fully in the armor of God and defeat the enemy that is against you. For, you are designed for victory. I will help you. I will bring you through to triumph every time if you will only believe and establish My work in your life. You shall become extraordinary in this season, says the Lord God.
Set a watch for all manner of seduction that will take you away from maintaining right relationship with Me, says the Lord. These are days when you must fight to keep spiritual focus. Be faithful and refuse to get sidetracked by the world, the flesh or the devil. The fight will be worth the victory. Stay close to Me.
1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world-the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-is not of the Father but is of the world.

Extraordinary Grace
I am releasing a wave of extraordinary grace that will see you through the weeks ahead. For, I will indeed empower you to do what is necessary to fulfill that which is required of you. This is a time to lean on Me for strength and wisdom. Do not forget that I am your help in times of trouble, so you must not depend on your own understanding. Rather, rise up in the supernatural realm of the Spirit to gain insight and spiritual support, says the Lord. 2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my weakness, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

You Matter To God! Author Unknown
Do you sometimes feel like you are just a face in a crowd or a number in a system? You are identified by your social security number. Even when you see the doctor, you are called by your queue number. If you feel depersonalized and dehumanized, that is exactly how the devil wants you to feel — that you do not matter much to anyone, especially to God.
But you do matter to God! He calls you by name. He knows exactly what you are going through and where you are hurting. He sees you and cares for you, just as He cared for the people when He first walked on earth.
My friend, He will do for you what He did for the woman in Samaria. There was a shorter route from Judea to Galilee, but the Bible says that “He needed to go through Samaria”. (John 4:4) In other words, Jesus deliberately took a longer route, so that He could stop by Samaria to speak to the woman who had been searching for something in her life to satisfy her.
This woman had had five husbands and the man she was living with was not her husband. Clearly, things had not been going right in her life. She was probably looking for answers and fulfillment, and must have felt ashamed about her failed marriages and current lifestyle.
Yet, in spite of all this, she mattered to Jesus! He needed to go to her to minister to her. And indeed, after she met Jesus, the perfect Man, she was transformed. She was no longer ashamed, and went into the city to tell the people about Him. (John 4:28–29)
Beloved, Jesus came a long way from heaven for you. You certainly matter to Him. He came to give you life and life more abundantly. (John 10:10) You are not just a face in a crowd or a number. No, He knows you by name and has a personal love for you. And in spite of the mess which you might be in, He wants to meet your every need and make your life beautiful! John 10:3
He calls his own sheep by name.

As Christians, we are called to show others love. Jesus told His disciples, "By this shall all [men] know that you are My disciples, if you love one another [if you keep on showing love among yourselves]" (John 13:35).
So many people see love as 'just a feeling,' but it's so much more than that. True love shows itself through action.
And this action doesn't have to be impossible and overwhelming. One of the best ways to show the love of Jesus is through simple, everyday action,
- Like giving a small gift to someone or striking up a conversation with a downcast individual who needs a friend.
- Or giving a bag of groceries to the single mom who lives down the street and is struggling to put food on the table.
- Showing love can even be as simple as smiling and saying hello to a person you pass on the street, in the hall, or at the store.
There are many ways to demonstrate the love of Christ. When you show His love to someone else, it can soften that person's heart, and before you know it, they'll be finding ways to reach out and show love to others, and so on and so on. So celebrate God's love and let Him lead you. Is He putting someone on your heart right now?
I want my love for Jesus to be reflected in the way I show love for others, even those who may be difficult to love. If I can soften one hard heart with the love of God, maybe that person will soften another's heart with love, then that one will reach out to others, and so on and so on... And soon we'll have a love revolution! --Joyce Meyer

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Beloved, I would have you walk in the Spirit more completely and more consistently. To do this you must stay in the Spirit and refuse to be derailed by allowing your emotions to rule. Your first order of spiritual life is to keep your thoughts under control and your faith active. Trust Me to interact with you in all things and to work on your behalf for your highest good, says the Lord. Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

I will bring to your remembrance various people who have either mistreated or misjudged you. This is for the purpose of examination to see if there is something you need to understand from those encounters or need to forgive so that you can be liberated from lingering oppression. It is My desire that you be released from the anchors of the past that keep you from moving forward in My purposes, says the Lord. Freedom awaits! Psalm 146:5-8 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God, Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Who executes justice for the oppressed, Who gives food to the hungry. The LORD gives freedom to the prisoners. The LORD opens the eyes of the blind; the LORD raises those who are bowed down; the LORD loves the righteous.

In a vision I saw a woman in deep and sincere worship. Then, I saw a shepherd with his sheep in a pasture that had been over-grazed. He began to lead his flock up a fairly steep path until they arrived at a high-mountain valley. The water was cold and clear, and the meadow was coming alive with new growth--sweet and tender vegetation. There was a sense of new life and fresh excitement. I believe the woman represents those who worship in spirit and in truth, the flock who sincerely follows Christ, the true Shepherd. The overgrazed pasture represents the stagnation of trying to feed on the same old religious cliches. It is time to move up to higher spiritual ground where we can find fresh anointing and revelation of the Kingdom of God that will nourish and satisfy. Matthew 7:13-14 Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Spiritual discernment is vital in these times when fraudulent schemes abound. Set a watch for people who are more than willing to take advantage of you. They are adept at finding and preying on your places of vulnerability and weakness. Stand your guard, and remember that when something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Trust Me to lead you through every maze of deception, says the Lord. I am the way, the truth and the life. 2 Timothy 3:12-14 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them.

Let go of everything that has produced stress. I speak of those things that are out of your ability to control. I tell you truly that the time you have spent in agitation and worry has not helped one bit, but has actually been a detriment to your faith. Trust Me with every troublesome and difficult situation that is beyond your resources--physically, emotionally, mentally, or financially. I will give wisdom and direction in your circumstances, says the Lord. Do not be afraid. Psalms 73:28 But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all Your works.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
My prophets bring forth things old and things new. The way is open for you to let go of things that are bound up in the past so that you may begin this new adventure. For, whatever has assaulted you in these past weeks, whatever has bound you, this is the day to be released and break out so that you may walk the path of My anointing in this season. I have declared that a new anointing is coming upon My people. It is a more powerful anointing than you have ever walked in. It will break every yoke of bondage. It will release the captive and will cause you to walk in a new place of authority. It will bring the manifestation of your words to fufill My purpose and to call things that are not as though they are, says the Lord. All you must do is believe. I will go before you and prepare the way of My word, and then you will follow and receive the blessings of it.

I REFUSE TO BE DISCOURAGED by BJ George
I refuse to be discouraged,
To be sad, or to cry;
I refuse to be downhearted,
And here's the reason why...
I have a God who's mighty,
Who's sovereign and supreme;
I have a God who loves me,
And I am on His team.
He is all-wise and powerful,
Jesus is His name;
Though everything is changeable,
My God remains the same,
My God knows all that's happening;
Beginning to the end,
His presence is my comfort,
He is my dearest friend.
When sickness comes to weaken me,
To bring my head down low,
I call upon my mighty God;
Into His arms I go.
When circumstances threaten
To rob me from my peace;
He draws me close unto His breast,
Where all my strivings cease.
And when my heart melts within me,
And weakness takes control;
He gathers me into His arms,
He soothes my heart and soul.
The great "I AM" is with me,
My life is in His hand,
The "Son of God" is my hope,
It's in His strength I stand.
I refuse to be defeated,
My eyes are on my God
He has promised to be with me,
As through this life I trod.
I'm looking past all my circumstances,
To Heaven's throne above;
My prayers have reached the heart of God,
I'm resting in His love.
I give God thanks in everything,
My eyes are on His face;
The battle's His, the victory's mine;
He'll help me win the race.

The Way by Virginia Santoro
"It's happening. It's working ~
My Lord's blessed plan.
I follow the path carved...
by His Loving Hands.
I've listened. I've heard it ~
His Guidance, His Care.
In quiet and stillness,
His assurance is there.
I see it so clearly -
His Way in my view.
Life in Divine Order...
My God leads me through."

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice. Ephesians 4:31

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life. Psalm 27:4

"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. Isaiah 40:28

GOD'S EMBROIDERY Author Unknown
When I was a little boy, my mother used to embroider a great deal. I would sit at her knee and look up from the floor and ask what she was doing. She informed me that she was embroidering. I told her that it looked like a mess from where I was, the underside. I watched her work within the boundaries of the little round hoop that she held in her hand.
She would smile at me, look down and gently say, "My son, you go about your playing for a while, and when I am finished with my embroidering, I will put you on my knee and let you see it from my side."
I would wonder why she was using some dark threads along with the bright ones and why they seemed so jumbled from my view.
A few minutes would pass and then I would hear Mother's voice say, "Son, come and sit on my knee."
This I did, only to be surprised and thrilled to see a beautiful flower or a sunset. I could not believe it, because from underneath it looked so messy.
Then Mother would say to me, "My son, from underneath it did look messy and jumbled, but you did not realize that there was a pre-drawn plan on the top. It was a design. I was only following it. Now look at it from my side and you will see what I was doing."
Many times through the years I have looked up to my Heavenly Father and said, "Father, what are You doing?"
He has answered, "I am embroidering your life."
I say, "But it looks like a mess to me. It seems so jumbled. The threads seem so dark. Why can't they all be bright?"
The Father seems to tell me, "My child, you go about your business of doing My business, and one day I will bring you to Heaven and put you on My knee and you will see the plan from My side."

Dear God, Help me to realize this day that it is Your will, not mine that is to be done, and then do it.
Help me to accept myself as I am, but to constantly hope that I may become better.
Help me to forgive, to love and to accept others but to ask for absolutely nothing in return.
Help me to be grateful for what I have and to accept more only if You will it.
Help me to receive tenderness as well as give it.
Help me to be honest and sincere with myself, but to remember with a smile how little I am.
Help me, above all, to have utter faith in You as my friend and leader.
Help me to recreate the mood of this prayer every twenty-four hours.
E.M.M.

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 10
The Revolt Against Rehoboam
1 And Rehoboam went to Shechem, for all Israel had gone to Shechem to make him king. 2 So it happened, when Jeroboam the son of Nebat heard it (he was in Egypt, where he had fled from the presence of King Solomon), that Jeroboam returned from Egypt. 3 Then they sent for him and called him. And Jeroboam and all Israel came and spoke to Rehoboam, saying, 4 “Your father made our yoke heavy; now therefore, lighten the burdensome service of your father and his heavy yoke which he put on us, and we will serve you.” 5 So he said to them, “Come back to me after three days.” And the people departed. 6 Then King Rehoboam consulted the elders who stood before his father Solomon while he still lived, saying, “How do you advise me to answer these people?” 7 And they spoke to him, saying, “If you are kind to these people, and please them, and speak good words to them, they will be your servants forever.” 8 But he rejected the advice which the elders had given him, and consulted the young men who had grown up with him, who stood before him. 9 And he said to them, “What advice do you give? How should we answer this people who have spoken to me, saying, ‘Lighten the yoke which your father put on us’?” 10 Then the young men who had grown up with him spoke to him, saying, “Thus you should speak to the people who have spoken to you, saying, ‘Your father made our yoke heavy, but you make it lighter on us’—thus you shall say to them: ‘My little finger shall be thicker than my father’s waist! 11 And now, whereas my father put a heavy yoke on you, I will add to your yoke; my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scourges!’” 12 So Jeroboam and all the people came to Rehoboam on the third day, as the king had directed, saying, “Come back to me the third day.” 13 Then the king answered them roughly. King Rehoboam rejected the advice of the elders, 14 and he spoke to them according to the advice of the young men, saying, “My father made your yoke heavy, but I will add to it; my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scourges!” 15 So the king did not listen to the people; for the turn of events was from God, that the Lord might fulfill His word, which He had spoken by the hand of Ahijah the Shilonite to Jeroboam the son of Nebat. 16 Now when all Israel saw that the king did not listen to them, the people answered the king, saying: “What share have we in David? We have no inheritance in the son of Jesse. Every man to your tents, O Israel! Now see to your own house, O David!” So all Israel departed to their tents. 17 But Rehoboam reigned over the children of Israel who dwelt in the cities of Judah. 18 Then King Rehoboam sent Hadoram, who was in charge of revenue; but the children of Israel stoned him with stones, and he died. Therefore King Rehoboam mounted his chariot in haste to flee to Jerusalem. 19 So Israel has been in rebellion against the house of David to this day.

God, I give you my life, I am letting go. When given a life situation that requires choice, I will ask “What would my God do?”

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply