Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 3/21

Because God doesn't give up on me, I won't give up on others.

Knowing that God is with us can make a difference on dreary days.

God's love is even greater than our faith.

All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Take your heart's desire to God in prayer.

Peace comes from knowing that we belong to God.

In times of danger, God comes to us to comfort us.

Now and then I like to lift my eyes up from the details of daily life and remember the bigger picture, and take a breath of God, and feel and remember that ultimately, it's all okay. --Dan Millman

Go now, and enjoy your day, remembering that every blessing, everything that happens today, comes through the Grace of Our Heavenly Father who always knows best, and whose will is always done. --Bunny

Taking the High Road by Sally I. Kennedy
Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9
The guidebook said it was an easy hike around the lake, where the flat path hugged the water's edge. It was going to take longer this day, because I had to stop every few feet, it seemed, for another breathtaking view in the late afternoon light.
Rounding a bend, the path began to lean upward. Within minutes the fork in the road became visible.
The low road? The known path, The easier, familiar one. The high road? The unknown path. The intrigue and mystery of what's out there.
I found myself whistling an old ballad, "Oh! ye'll take the high road and I'll take the low road, and I'll be in Scotland afore ye". Decisions, decisions, hmmm.....
I thought about forks in the road, spiritually-speaking. The Bible advises us to set our thoughts on things above, not below. I believe we need to set our goals high, rather than low; be challenged.
We always have a choice. My way, God's way. Seek the face of God, who gives us strength for the journey. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. (1 Chron 16:11)
Taking the high road, God's way, always the better path. That is good news.

Failure Is Not Final Author Unknown
Failure Is Not FinalTy Cobb and Babe Ruth were two of the greatest baseball players of all time. Ty Cobb was known for his record number of stolen bases, and Babe Ruth was known for his record number of home runs.
What you may not know is that Ty Cobb was also thrown out more than any other man in baseball trying to steal bases. And Babe Ruth struck out more than any other man in baseball!
These fellows didn’t let their failures stop them, and neither should you! Fix your goal. Face your faults. Forget your failures. Failure in life is not final.
Maybe you or someone you know is feeling discouraged today. Remind them or yourself of this promise – “I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” (Philippians 4:13)

Double-Minded, Me? by Rod Marshall
James 4:7-10 – Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. (NIV)
The Lord has prompted me, in the past, not to be double-minded. At the time, I was a bit hurt, and said, "Surely not I?" As far as I was concerned, I was not — in any way — double-minded. I was, so I thought, sold out for God, and He should have known it. Sadly, He did know exactly where I was.
As I become more familiar with The Way, I have come to recognize areas of my life that are not, in reality, totally given over to Him, regardless of whatever I have said or however I have acted. My self-centredness gets in the way. I want so many things. When we are squeezed by life, it is an education to see what peeps out from underneath the facade.
I had an example today. I wanted to interact with someone from a self-centred point of view. I am glad to say that for once I saw it coming, so I was able to submit this thought into Jesus' care and know His safety. I believe, consequently, that what the person saw, as we talked, was Jesus in me, not the child within jumping about like a four-year-old saying, "Look at me, me, me!" — getting in the way of the message! As a result, when a question was asked of me, I was able to point the person in the right direction, just because I was in the right place. In myself I find it hard to be humble. The world tells me, with all its self-seeking, that this is not something to be acquired.
I do desire to come near to God because this is His place of safety, love and peace. His promise is that as I reach out to Him I will find Him.
Lord, today as we come before you, forgive us our failures, strengthen us at our point of need, and send us back out into the world as your disciples with the courage to take you with us wherever we are sent. Humble us, Lord, so that we do not to get in the way of your kingdom work through our lives. Amen.

Love is Tactful, Not Just Truthful by Rick Warren
Have you noticed how many difficult people there are in the world? Do you feel like you have to deal with most of them some days?
You know what rude acts bug me the most? People who call me and then say, “Who is this?” People who honk their horns in traffic jams. People who cheat in the 10-items-or-less grocery line. People who steal your parking spot.
The list goes on, and I’m sure you can relate. So, how should we respond in love to difficult people?
Proverbs 16:21 says, “A wise, mature person is known for his understanding. The more pleasant his words, the more persuasive he is” (TEV).
The more pleasant you are, the more persuasive you are. And, you’re never persuasive when you’re abrasive. Nagging doesn’t work.
The way you say something determines the way it’s received. If you say something offensively, it’s going to be received defensively. That’s why love is all about your words. Love is truthful, but it is also tactful.
Tact and tone always go together. It matters the way you say something, not just what you say. You can say something very difficult for someone to hear, but if you say it in the right tone — a loving tone — it will be received much better.
A loving response to a difficult person requires you to be pleasant and tactful. If you want to be below that difficult person, attack him. If you want to be even with him, get even with him. But if you want to respond the way Jesus would, show that person love with the words you say and the way you say them.

HEAVEN & HELL Author Unknown
A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said, "Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like. "
The Lord led the holy man to two doors. He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in. In the middle of the room was a large round table. In the middle of the table was a large pot of stew which smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth water. The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles that were strapped to their arms and each found it possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful, but because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths. The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering. The Lord said, "You have seen Hell."
They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as the first one. There was the large round table with the large pot of stew which made the Holy man's mouth water. The people were equipped with the same long-handled spoons, but here the people were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking. The Holy man said, "I don't understand." "It is simple" said the Lord, "it requires but one skill.
You see, they have learned to feed each other, while the greedy think only of themselves." When Jesus died on the cross he was thinking of you!

LET IT GO! by T.D. Jakes
If you are holding on to something that doesn't belong to you and was never intended for your life, then you need to...... LET IT GO!!!
If you are holding on to past hurts and pains ....... LET IT GO!!!
If someone doesn't treat you right, love you back, and see your worth...... LET IT GO!!!
If someone has angered you.... LET IT GO!!!
If you are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge..... LET IT GO!!!
If you are involved in a wrong relationship or addiction...... LET IT GO!!!
If you have a bad attitude...... LET IT GO!!!
If you keep judging others to make yourself feel better...... LET IT GO!!!
If you're stuck in the past and God is trying to take you to a new level in Him......... LET IT GO!!!
If you are struggling with the healing of a broken relationship..... LET IT GO!!!
If you keep trying to help someone who won't even try to help themselves...... LET IT GO!!!
If you're feeling depressed and stressed ............ LET IT GO!!!
If there is a particular situation that you are so used to handling yourself and God is saying 'take your hands off of it,' then you need to...... LET IT GO!!!
"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:13b-14)
"The Battle is the Lord's!"

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Be aware that there is a separation of wheat from chaff--this is a separation of what is relevant and purposeful from the irrelevant. That which is no longer useful to your spiritual position will be stripped away for the purpose of establishing purity. Clarity is the result of your process of becoming clear, clean and transparent in who you are and what you do, says the Lord. Let this process have free rein in your life. Luke 3:17 "His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather the wheat into His barn; but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire."

Take time to examine what I have given you in the way of gifts, talents, and opportunities. Then, be aware that I will show you ways to move forward by taking those things to a higher and more efficient level. You will experience growth and greater maturity that can astound you as you extend yourself beyond the barriers of previous expectations, says the Lord. Let Me transport you to the outer limits. Isaiah 55:9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts."

Make every effort to stay surrendered and spiritually focused. There is a wide variety of things that can and will take you off course if you let down your guard and allow your mind to wander. Watch for all manner of seduction that will cause you to deviate from My perfect plan and purpose for your life, says the Lord. Keep looking up. Colossians 3:2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

There are plenty of reasons for you to see your life as less than perfect or even very bleak, but I want you to realize that your pilgrimage in the world is temporary. You have heard the phrase "hope springs eternal", and I want to assure you that I have given you the ability to rise up in hope regardless of your circumstances. But, you must choose to trust Me and have faith in My ability to bring you through every difficulty. Position yourself to be an overcomer and believe in Me more than you believe your hardships, says the Lord. I am with you in all things. Psalms 31:24 Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

Do not despair when things are hidden from your sight or beyond the scope of your understanding. This is a time to trust Me with all things because nothing is hidden from Me, says the Lord, and I am your strength and your shield. It is My power that undergirds you. I will reveal the truth of every situation in due time. Establish yourself in peace. Mark 4:22 "For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light."

Beloved, it is My desire that you break free from all bondage and access the benefits of redemption, says the Lord. The price has been paid, and the way to absolute liberty has been opened to you. But, you must turn your focus from self-interest and selfish ambition to surrender yourself to My purposes alone, seeking things above and not things of the earth. You need to get your priorities in order if you want to succeed in the things that matter. Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Put away all harshness, and let sensitivity arise so that you will be able to discern spiritual truth and reality. The gifts of the Spirit do not operate when your carnal nature rules. Nor, can the fruit of the Spirit grow to maturity in such an environment. You can be strong without being judgmental, strict, unpleasant and unkind. Let My nature rule, says the Lord. John 13:34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
God says that some of your involvements include things you ought not be involved in, and they are dragging you down. They are keeping you in a place of bondage. My instruction to you is stop those things that I am putting My finger on so that you are not negatively effected by them the rest of your life. For, these are the days where opportunities to come higher exist and where the greater realm of My presence is available to you. So, choose between these two things. If you check your spiritual level you will know that which is wrong, and then you can put those things aside as you resolve to go up higher.

THE BOXES Author Unknown
I have in my hands two boxes
Which God gave me to hold.
He said, "Put all your sorrows in the black,
And all your joys in the gold."
I heeded His words, and in the two boxes
Both my joys and sorrows I store,
But though the gold became heavier each day
The black was as light as before.
With curiosity, I opened the black
I wanted to find out why
And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole
Which my sorrows had fallen out by.
I showed the hole to God, and mused aloud,
"I wonder where my sorrows could be."
He smiled a gentle smile at me.
"My child, they're all here with me."
I asked, "God, why give me the boxes,
Why the gold, and the black with the hole?"
"My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings,
the black is for you to let go."

When I Linger in His Presence by Marilyn Ferguson
Sometimes when shadows linger
And darkness veils the night
When pain obscures my vision
And things aren’t going right.
When the world around me crumbles
And a friend cannot be found
When tomorrow holds no promise
And life has got me down.
When I am at my lowest
And I can bear no more
I cry to Him in anguish
He greets me at the door.
He gently whispers to me
My soul has found release
My troubles start to perish
My worries seem to cease.
The hardships I have known
Seem to vanish with the wind
When I seek His loving Spirit
And I humbly let Him in.
All the turmoil that surrounds me
Seems to fade like shifting sand
When I linger in His presence
And He gently takes my hand.

You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed. Joshua 23:14

The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good. Proverbs 15:3

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. Numbers 6:24-25

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Romans 12:9-13

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:28-31

Stir up the gift of God, which is in thee. 2 Timothy 1:6

Keeping It Together by John Stuart
Colossians 1:17 – He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. (NIV)
As a boy, I used to love making model aircraft. Most of my allowance was spent on buying small kits of plastic jets or World War II aircraft. Sometimes, I even purchased model vintage cars, but those were usually very difficult to put together.
Gluing was always a problem, too, because I got glue all over my fingers and sometimes messed up the plastic parts by using too much adhesive. Too little glue meant that the kit would not stick together, and gaps were seen all over the model. If I used too much glue, then the aircraft or car became sticky, and my fingerprints were all over it. However, most of the time, I persevered and felt proud of what I had accomplished when the model was finished.
Years later, I became fascinated with World War I biplanes, and, as an adult, made many models of vintage aircraft. I still have them in a box somewhere in the attic. If I'm ever blessed with grandchildren one day, I'll probably bring them down to show and play with them.
I like what Paul has to say about Christ in this first chapter of Colossians. Jesus is the "glue", the One in Whom all things in creation hold together. I like the idea that Christ brings order to chaos and that through Him, all of creation is sustained. It makes me feel that although life can be unsettling and confusing at times, Jesus is still here, maintaining God's goodness in the world and throughout the entire universe. That's the Jesus whom I love; that's the Christ whom I cheerfully serve: the Lord of all creation Who keeps it all together.
Questions for personal reflection: Are there current events in my life where I feel that I have no control? Am I willing to allow Jesus to keep things together for me?
Lord Jesus, every day is a wonderful gift, and every moment of our lives is spent under Your watchful care. Remind us that no matter what happens or what we experience today, You are still in control of our ultimate destiny, and that through You, all things hold together. In Your holy name, we humbly pray. Amen.

Eternal God, help us to remember your undying love and forgiveness. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 14
1 So Abijah rested with his fathers, and they buried him in the City of David. Then Asa his son reigned in his place. In his days the land was quiet for ten years.
Asa Reigns in Judah
2 Asa did what was good and right in the eyes of the Lord his God, 3 for he removed the altars of the foreign gods and the high places, and broke down the sacred pillars and cut down the wooden images. 4 He commanded Judah to seek the Lord God of their fathers, and to observe the law and the commandment. 5 He also removed the high places and the incense altars from all the cities of Judah, and the kingdom was quiet under him. 6 And he built fortified cities in Judah, for the land had rest; he had no war in those years, because the Lord had given him rest. 7 Therefore he said to Judah, “Let us build these cities and make walls around them, and towers, gates, and bars, while the land is yet before us, because we have sought the Lord our God; we have sought Him, and He has given us rest on every side.” So they built and prospered. 8 And Asa had an army of three hundred thousand from Judah who carried shields and spears, and from Benjamin two hundred and eighty thousand men who carried shields and drew bows; all these were mighty men of valor. 9 Then Zerah the Ethiopian came out against them with an army of a million men and three hundred chariots, and he came to Mareshah. 10 So Asa went out against him, and they set the troops in battle array in the Valley of Zephathah at Mareshah. 11 And Asa cried out to the Lord his God, and said, “Lord, it is nothing for You to help, whether with many or with those who have no power; help us, O Lord our God, for we rest on You, and in Your name we go against this multitude. O Lord, You are our God; do not let man prevail against You!” 12 So the Lord struck the Ethiopians before Asa and Judah, and the Ethiopians fled. 13 And Asa and the people who were with him pursued them to Gerar. So the Ethiopians were overthrown, and they could not recover, for they were broken before the Lord and His army. And they carried away very much spoil. 14 Then they defeated all the cities around Gerar, for the fear of the Lord came upon them; and they plundered all the cities, for there was exceedingly much spoil in them. 15 They also attacked the livestock enclosures, and carried off sheep and camels in abundance, and returned to Jerusalem.

Dear God, thank you for the beauty of your handiwork and for the opportunity to glimpse you as we walk in your creation. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply