Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Light On My Path

Light On My Path Part 01 - Facing Reality

by Gail Rodgers
Susan came to me about her marriage. She was a realistic woman. She faced life head on and looked reality straight in the eye.

Her marriage was not what she had hoped it would be. She shared with me the reality of being spiritually single in her home. Her husband did not share her desire to grow in knowing Jesus. It often left her feeling lonely and isolated. She was looking for hope.
Together we looked at one of the powerful prayers of scripture. I shared with her how I had seen God work in powerful ways in several marriages where the wife choose to make this prayer a regular part of her conversations with God.
When we take the reality of our situations, whatever they may be, and lay the greater reality of God’s Word over them… something happens! As we begin to pray the words of scripture over our situations we see God at work! Praying God’s Word also keeps us from the tendency we have to pray our own will and our own solutions.
If you have a relationship today that grieves your heart, face the reality of it. Tell God all about it. Then take His Word and begin to pray the reality of Scripture over it. God’s Word is living and powerful! As we take our hands off trying to change people and situations and allow God’s Word to be applied we can anticipate Him working. Not only will He work in the situation we give to Him, He will also work in our hearts to bring His peace as we trust Him. Here’s how Susan used this prayer to pray for her husband, Bob… (not their real names)
“I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give Bob the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that Bob may know Him better.
I pray also that the eyes of Bob’s heart may be opened in order that he may know…
  • the hope to which God has called him.
  • the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints.
  • God’s incomparably great power for Bob as he believes.
That power is like the working of His mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead…” Ephesians 1:17-20
Put the name of your loved ones into this verse and begin to ask God to open the eyes of their hearts. Tell God you are taking your hands off and inviting His Spirit to work freely.
Whatever reality you face can be covered over and wrapped in the reality of what His Word says. Lean hard on the truth of the Bible and expect to see God at work!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply