Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Loved by God

Loved by God Part 1 - God Loves You

by Gail Rodgers
“God, they say you love us, but do you really mean me?”

“God loves you!” We hear it from time to time. Sometimes it is offered as somewhat of a bandaid to a difficult problem we face. Sometimes it’s on a billboard or on a grandmother’s lips. But does it really make much difference if He does or if He doesn’t? And if God really does love me, does it actually affect me where I live and walk today? Does God’s love matter in any practical way to me?
Most of us have no trouble believing in a higher power. Nearly every 10-step help program acknowledges the need of it. Most people say, “Yes” when asked if they believe in God, but that’s often about as far as it goes. Little rituals, memorized prayers, desperate pleas for God to get us out of the scrapes we get ourselves into, seems to be the extent most of us know God.
Yet His Word, the Holy Bible, tells of a very loving God who longs to be in relationship with us. The Father’s heart, to us, His children, is tender. His arms are open and His invitation is “Come”.
“Come to me all you who are heavy burdened and I will give you rest…for your souls”. Matthew 28 & 29
Sometimes we cannot hear His call to “come”. Sometimes our filters are clogged with the sad truth that our own father may not have provided a good example of loving us. Sometimes we do not believe His love could be for us as an individual. Oh, we know others whom God could surely love, but me? “No”, we think, “not if He really knew me.”
There are times in our lives when God calls our name. He asks us not to harden our hearts to Him, but to respond and to come.
“God loves you” is a deeply profound statement that will change your life if you will let it. Dare to explore with me the depth of this love. Dare to turn your head and hear Him calling your name. You will never be sorry.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply