Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 9/20

What I am is God's gift to me. What I make of myself is my gift to Him.

God opens the door of hope when we can't reach the handle.

Joy isn't the absence of pain -- it's the presence of God.

"A mighty fortress is our God." --from an old hymn

God has taken all the pain I know and have known, and has been changing it into love.

Listen in the silence. Listen and you shall hear God speak. The chamber of silence is man’s divine self. It is there that man meets man’s God. --Frater Achad

"By actively practicing the Presence of God, the compass of your mind develops the habit of continuously turning in the direction of Spirit for intuitive guidance, comfort, security, wisdom, joy, peace, truth and love." --Dr. Michael Beckwith

Life Is Like a Cup of Coffee
A group of alumni, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university professor. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life.
Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups - porcelain, plastic, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite - telling them to help themselves to the coffee.
When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the professor said:
"If you noticed, all the nice looking expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress.
Be assured that the cup itself adds no quality to the coffee. In most cases it is just more expensive and in some cases even hides what we drink.
What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the best cups... And then you began eyeing each other's cups.
Now consider this: Life is the coffee; the jobs, money and position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain Life, and the type of cup we have does not define, nor change the quality of Life we live.
Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee God has provided us."
God brews the coffee, not the cups.......... Enjoy your coffee!
"The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything."
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God. --Chaplain’s Notes by way of “Christian Voices”

I Will Never Leave You
“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
In my counseling training I was advised to tell the client, especially in marriage counseling, to avoid the words "always" and "never." "You always say..." "You never do..." Use of those words creates a no win situation. If you think, say Or feel that a person "always" and/or "never" does a certain thing, there is not much room for grace, and not much for for hope.
Although there is significant wisdom in that teaching, I am glad our Lord was above my training.
When I read, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” I find hope. It gives me hope to know that no matter how afraid, confused, and forgotten I may feel, He is always with me.
When I read, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” I find peace. It gives me peace to know that no matter how how fragile, foolish, and flippant I may be toward Him, He will never leave me.
When I read, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” I find comfort. It gives me great comfort knowing that although others will die, depart, and deny me, God will never leave me.
When I read, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” I find joy. It gives me great joy when I ponder the fact that I do not have to worry how He my respond to me tomorrow because He will respond to me tomorrow the same way He responded to me yesterday and today, He did not leave me. He will not leave me.
When I read, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” I find strength. It gives me are new and a renewed strength when I consider that no matter how fearful I am, no matter how big of a failure I may be, and not matter how fatigued I may become, He will not leave me and he will not forsake me.
When I read, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” I find relief. Whew! What a relief I have when I accept the reality that not matter what, no matter where, and no matter why He will never leave me and He will never forsake me.
When I read, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” I realize you and I are extremely blessed because we never have to doubt where He is or how He feels about us. He tells us, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” He made a promise we can trust and a promise He will keep.
He will never leave us; never forsake us. Thank You, Father. --A Norvell Thought

Technology by Julie Bowles
Recently, I went to the local bike shop to see about handlebar tape for my bike. I have been using hockey tape on them, but over time, it seems to get sticky, so I decided to see what the bike shop sold. I didn't let on that I had been using hockey tape, but soon, I realized that it might be easier to use the hockey tape, as I stood looking at a nicely-laid-out peg board wall filled with many kinds of handlebar tape, some made of cork and some made of gel. But how did cork and gel tape differ from regular handlebar tape? Confused, I picked up the two boxes and went to find a sales person to help me. He explained, and then took me to two bikes and showed me the difference between the two. It amounted to a cushioning difference and personal preference. Then came the question of how this extra padding is installed. The sales person said that the easiest way is to go on the computer and watch a YouTube video on how to do it. I was flattered that he figured that I would know how to use a computer and what YouTube was. So off I went with my bicycle tape in hand, home to watch a video on my computer.
On the drive home, I began to think about this encounter. Gone was the personal touch that salespeople used to offer us as consumers. It seems easier now to send people to another source to get their help. As I thought about it, I realized that this does not just happen in the bike shop but in a lot of other stores as well. When we ask where something is, they tend to point and say, "Down aisle six on the right-hand side." A quick "thank you" and the conversation is over, and we are on our way to get said item.
Acts 22:15 – For you will be His witness to all men of what you have seen and heard. (NKJV)
This short time-frame makes it very hard for the light of Jesus in us to shine to the other person, and even harder for us to get into a conversation that might lead to Jesus. Have we gone too far the other way with our hurried lifestyle that the personal times of days gone by are lost?
While technology is not a bad thing, we just need to be vigilant and make sure that we are sharing with unbelievers. There will come a day when this earth will be no more. Have we done all that we can to spread the good word? For me, it means that I will have to make an extra effort to have conversation with people I come into contact with daily.
1 Peter 4:7 – But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. (NKJV)
Matthew 24:14 – And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. (NKJV)
God, we are thankful that You chose to come as a man and not in the form of a video to save us. As we navigate technology, help us not to get caught up in it, but rather to use it to share the good news of Jesus. Help us to keep our focus on You and our relationship with You first and foremost. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

WHO MOVED
A married couple was driving down the road. The wife turned to the husband and said, "What's happened with us?"
"What do you mean?" the husband asked.
She said, "We're not like we used to be."
"How did we used to be?" the husband asked.
"We were closer. More connected. We held hands all the time. In fact, here's a perfect example right now. Remember when we'd get in the car, and we'd sit right next to each other, with me there in the middle."
The husband turned to her and said, "Who moved?"
This story has a spiritual application. If you're not as close to God as you used to be, you're the one who moved. Not him. If you want to get back to where you were, you need to move in his direction. And if you want to be closer to God than you've ever been, if you want to reach a new level in your relationship with him, all you need to do is move in his direction.
Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. (James 4:8 NKJV)
This isn't a one-time event. It's a lifestyle. The first time, and every time, you draw near to God, he draws near to you.
Try it today. Move toward him. Turn off the TV and listen to Christian music. Or stop for a moment to sing a hymn, and make the words a prayer. Spend a few minutes in his Word, a few minutes thanking him for everything. As you take steps in his direction, he takes steps in yours.
If you want to be closer to God, it's your move. --SM

Living By Faith or Giving Into Doubt
Do you know for certain God is working on your behalf, or do you merely hope He is helping you? Are you walking in the confident conviction the Lord will do as He's promised, or are you worrying about the difficulties you face?
Each day, you and I have a choice to make: Will we live by faith or succumb to doubt? How we answer this question will shape how we view our circumstances and what we are able to accomplish in our lives. Walking in the confident conviction the Lord will do as He's promised will help us triumph over the many challenges we face.
As we see throughout God's Word, responding in faith is essential to our Christian walks (Rom. 1:17). This is especially true when we face times of adversity or feel helpless. Perhaps our medical, relational, or financial situations seem insurmountable. Our hopes and dreams may appear to be dashed forever. It might even feel as if God is refusing to answer our prayers. We must remember the Father uses each of these to test and grow our trust in Him, and it's crucial we respond with a steadfast faith that doesn't waver (James 1:2-6).
I recall a particularly difficult season when I attended the University of Richmond. Everything seemed to be going wrong. I received a 50 on one exam and a 75 on another. I did not have the funds needed to continue my education, and I was desperate to know if it was the Lord's will for me to remain in school. I remember going to my room, weeping, and praying to God: "I've got to be absolutely sure it is Your will for me to be here. Father, please clarify this question in my mind and show me exactly what to do ."
I am sure you can relate to the pressure I was under as a young man. Human logic was telling me, "You're away from your family, failing your exams, and you have no money. Wouldn't the Lord make this easier if He really wanted you to continue? This is not worth the struggle. Go home." But all the things my grandfather taught me kept coming to mind, including the principle that God would move heaven and earth to show me His Will. I also knew the Father did not require me to understand His will. I simply needed to obey it - even if it seemed unreasonable at the time.
Thankfully, the Lord gave me the courage to continue in college. However, the experience taught me that wavering faith can be dangerous. If I had not sought the Father's will and had given up, the course of my life would have been altered completely. The same is true for you. Regardless of what you are facing, the Father will use it as an opportunity to deepen your faith in Him; and walking in faith can mean all the difference to your future. So how do you make sure that you walk in faith?
1. Whenever you are tempted to fret about your circumstances, ask yourself the following questions:
Where are these doubts coming from?
Has God ever failed me in the past?
Doesn't the Lord promise to meet my needs?
Don't I have the help of the Holy Spirit?
Isn't the Father with me at all times?
Is anything too hard for God?
Is my focus on the Lord as it should be?
Could my unbelief in this situation cost me a lifetime of regret?
2. Spend time in the Word of God.
One of the primary ways the Father speaks to you is through His Word. Therefore, study the Bible each day, consider how He is instructing you, then apply His principles to your life. The Lord will move heaven and earth to show you His will, so trust Him to reveal what you should do.
3. Reflect on the times God faithfully answered your prayers.
Remembering how the Father has helped you in the past will keep you from stumbling when troubles arise. Whenever you see the Lord at work in your life, record it in the margin of your Bible. This will become your personal record of His faithfulness to you and will help to encourage you in your walk with Him.
4. Choose to obey God and leave all the consequences to Him.
There may be times in your life, as there have been in mine, when trusting the Lord is in conflict with your human reason and when you fail to see Him working in your circumstances. But don't give up. Remember "we walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Cor . 5 :7). Claim God's promises in faith, and do exactly as He says. You will always be glad you did.
No matter what your situation is today, I hope you will trust that the Father is working on your behalf. It is my prayer that you will take the time to strengthen your faith each day, spend time in the Word of God, reflect on the Father's answers to your prayers, and faithfully obey Him regardless of the consequences. This will make all the difference in your life. You may not know what the Lord has planned for you, but you can be assured that it is above and beyond all you can ask or imagine. (Ephesians 3:20)
Often, our faith is tried the most when we must wait on God for the desires of our hearts. I pray it will help you persevere in faith, regardless of what trials may come. May God bless you richly as you seek to trust Him more. --Proverbs 31 Ministries

LET GO OF THE PAST
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. Behold, I am doing a new thing!" (Isaiah 43:18)
My child, Give up! Give up those hurts of the past. It's time to move on. Satan loves to have you live in the past because that renders you ineffective to live in the present-in the now. Tell Me, child. What is it that has happened to you? Who hurt you? What mistakes have you made that you regret? Did what happen to you change the fact that Jesus loves you, and He died on the cross for you so you could live in heaven with Him for all eternity? Can anything or anyone ever change that fact? You know that nothing can ever nullify what Jesus did for you on the cross. If that's true, and it is, then nothing else matters, does it? There is nothing that can happen to you, nothing anyone can do to you that can ever change the fact that My Son, Jesus, loves you and died on the cross for you so you gain heaven for all eternity. No one can ever take that away from you. No One! Hold on to that thought. Put things in their proper perspective. When you do that, you'll see that being loved unconditionally, attaining salvation and the right to go to heaven is your ultimate goal. Everything else pales in comparison to that. Even physical death cannot take heaven away from you, for then the real you-your spirit-just changes abodes. Physical death for Christians is moving from living in the temple of the Holy Spirit, your body, to living in heaven. I know, My child, I know. Your mind is often filled with hurtful things that happen to you. Sometimes you even say to people "You don't know how much it hurt Me when such and such happened." Well, I ask you again, does what happen to you in the past change the fact that Jesus loves you and died for you, and now you can spend eternity with Him in heaven? I don't have to wait for your answer, because I know immediately your mind said, "No!" Then, child, nothing else matters! Compared to eternity, all problems are nothing. Loving Me, being in My family, gaining the right to live in heaven for eternity-that's what's important in life. If you lose that, you've lost it all. Don't hold grudges. forgive! Nothing you can gain on earth can make up for that loss, and nothing can happen to you on earth that can take that away from you - Nothing!
Love,
God

Forcing the Bloom by Sally I. Kennedy
He has made everything beautiful in its time. Ecclesiastes 3:11
Several days had passed since I bought the beautiful large, plump rose. I cut the stem at an angle, under water as the directions suggested. Then I placed it in a special bud vase, and set it on my husband's washstand. He is fond of roses, and although this flower didn't have much fragrance, it was lovely to look at.
The flower just wasn't opening like I thought it should.
"I'll help it," I thought. So carefully, I pried the blush color petals open.
Perhaps you have tried to force a flower to open before it is ready. It didn't work for me! Too often I am impatient with how things are going and just 'have to' get involved to try help speed up the process.
Forcing the bloom of this flower to fully open brought home the message to me that it is wise to be patient. There is a rhythm, and a time, for everything. My impatience helps nothing!
Thank you, Lord, You make everything beautiful, in Your time. That is Good News.
Ecclesiastes 3 - 1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: 2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,a time to embrace and a time to refrain, 6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, 7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Now is the time to begin to settle into the changes that have brought order. You are being positioned for maximum strength and effectiveness both in the natural realm and in the spirit. What seems like loss was simply dross, for you are being purified on every level. And, you will begin to realize the power and anointing that comes with greater purity, says the Lord. Stay the course! Daniel 12:10 "Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand."

When you have done your best, and it doesn't seem to be enough, rest! After you have done all you can do, then stand in faith that I will bring this process to completion. I will do what you cannot do, says the Lord, but you must trust Me. There will always be things that are beyond your scope and ability to perform--where only time and grace will bring you through. 2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

You have reached a plateau in the realm of the Spirit. Yet, it feels like you are precariously perched on a pinnacle with not much room to move. The truth of the matter is that you have to establish yourself here so that what seems to be dangerously unstable will become solid ground with enough space to accomplish all that I have set you to do, says the Lord. It is true that your experiences have been fraught with difficulties, but this new place will become a position of safety for you. Lean on Me! Job 5:11 He sets on high those who are lowly, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.

You are going to find yourself feeling the final crunch of things that are coming into perfect order before you can move on, some of which will be somewhat unexpected. But, you will know that you are in the flow of My Spirit when these things are not initiated by you. You will be able to see divine intervention, mercy and grace as I give you wisdom in many areas of your life. Trust Me, says the Lord. Acts 17:29 "Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising."

Beloved, examine the motivation behind your commitments. My desire is that when you commit it is motivated by your love for Me, says the Lord, and not your need for approval or position. I would have you come into the secret place before Me with a pure heart and righteous dedication. Refuse to allow the enemy to establish selfish ambition or corruption in your reasoning and subsequent actions. Psalms 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

In a vision I saw three different people with an open wound in the area of the heart. They were told that they had to sew their wounds up in order to stop the bleeding. The first person knitted a covering for the wound, but it was still bleeding underneath. The second person's stitches were too loose and had to be tightened up to stop the bleeding. The third person was trying to figure out some kind elaborate cross-stitch instead of just closing the wound. I believe the vision is about wounding in the soul and spirit. The first person represents those in denial about the seriousness of the wound and just try to cover it up. The next person represents those who have the right spiritual concept, but they still have some work to do before healing begins. The last person represents those who are focused on doing a great job in the flesh to gain approval instead of doing by the Spirit what needs to be done. And the Lord says, "Release and forgive completely those who have wounded you, and then trust Me to bring healing and restoration." Exodus 15:26 and said, "If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I hear the Lord saying, will yourself to Me. Will yourself to me! That would mean you have given yourself to Me. It would mean that I have responsibility for you--to empower by the anointing of the Holy Spirit. So, make that decision in your soul. The power of free will choice and say, "I will Myself into the hand of God this moment. I will myself under the provision of His kingdom, the blessings of His kingdom, the power of His kingdom. I will myself to become an overcomer; to be steadfast. To be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. I make the choice to establish myself by the power of my will to be what He wants me to be in these days." And, if you will do so, I will be with you and I will perform My word over you, around you and through you, says the Lord. Be wise. Don’t be deceived. Come to Me, and I will equip you and prepare you for the perilous times that you live in and the days of evil that are before you. For, I am the Most Holy One; the One who is able to keep you on the path of righteousness; to keep you in the power of My kingdom by which you overcome all the works of the enemy. Just become one with Me, says the Lord. I’ve kept you for such a time as this; to be used in this time. I will establish you in a position of righteousness, strength and power, so that you may fulfill your destiny, says the Lord God Almighty.

Celebrate Jesus by Nancy Burr
My life is to celebrate Jesus,
My life is to honour the King.
My life is to celebrate Jesus
And forever to Him I will sing.
For He is the reason I live.
And praises to Jesus I give.
For He gives me strength to cope.
With Him I have meaning and hope.
For He paid the price for sin.
He died on the cross to free me,
Now to Heaven He’ll welcome me in.
My eyes are on the King.
I’ll follow and celebrate Jesus,
Each day and in everything.
Forever His name I’ll adore.
I’ll praise Him forevermore.

Special Purpose by Nancy Burr
God has a purpose just for me
While I’m on this earth.
He planned that special purpose,
Long before my birth.
He has the blueprints of my life,
He thought of everything.
My looks, my thoughts even my friends,
Right down to my offspring.
Yes God knows every part of me,
Much more than what I know.
I was made by Him and for His will,
I am here cause He says so.
My eyes must focus on the Lord,
Then I will understand.
The purpose He has planned for me,
While I live on this land.
I sometimes lose my focus,
And start to plan my life.
It’s then that darkness fills me up,
And I live my days with strife.
I cannot make it without God,
Not for a single day.
Hopelessness just fill my soul,
When I turn and look away.
So I will keep my eyes on Him,
Cause He’s the One I need.
My life is filled with meaning
When I follow where He leads.
I live for God and God alone,
And every move I make.
Everything I do in life,
Is all for His name's sake.
I am Your servant Father God,
I thank You for each day.
I want to live my life for You,
By the things I do and say.
My life is not about me Lord,
My life is about You.
And living my life for You Lord,
Is all I want to do.

“Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’” Matthew 19:26
(Also found in Mark 10:27, Luke 1:37, and Luke 18:27)

“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31:8

“…if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14

“May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our fathers; may he never leave us nor forsake us." 1 Kings 8:57

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone." Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve only Him." Jesus answered, "It says: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test." Luke 4:4, 4:8, 4:12

"The spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has annointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." Luke 4:18-19

But he (Jesus) said, "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent." Luke 4:43

U TURNS Author Unknown
"Thanks for inviting me to go to church with you next Sunday, Uncle Al." Tim and his uncle were on their way to Bonny Lake. They had heard the fishing there was great. "I . . . I don't want to hurt your feelings," continued Tim, "but . . . well . . . I'm not sure I want to get into this religious stuff. Besides, Mom and Dad don't think it's a good idea."
"Oh?" asked Uncle Al in surprise. "I thought you said that your parents wouldn't mind if you went with me. You sounded quite interested last week. You even said the Gospel was beginning to make sense to you."
"Yeah, but since then I've done a lot of thinking," Tim said slowly. "I don't think I feel like getting 'saved' right now. The crowd I hang around with at school wouldn't understand, and I like being with them. Someday I'll
start going to church, but I think I'll just go on the way I am for a while. I know I'm not perfect, but I'm not so bad, either."
Tim's uncle drove on silently for a few minutes. "Oh, no!" he exclaimed as they passed a road sign. "I was so intent on our conversation that I missed the turnoff! We should have gotten off this road five miles back!"
"Guess we'll have to turn around and go back now, huh?" asked Tim.
But Uncle Al shook his head. "I don't feel like turning around right now," he said. "I guess we'll just keep going this way. I kind of like this road, and the scenery is nice."
Tim looked at his uncle in amazement. "But we have to turn around to get to Bonny Lake," he protested, "and the longer we keep going this way, the longer it will take to get back. If we wait too long to turn around, we might not even get there in time to fish."
Uncle Al smiled at Tim as he slowed down for the next turn. "You're right," he said, "and what you said just now is exactly what I've been trying to tell you about spiritual life . . . that when you're traveling down the wrong road, the sooner you turn around, the better. If you wait too long, you might never get to your goal: Heaven."

Father God, Help me to be a tool of yours instead of a hindrance. Show me what You want me to do for You so that I may serve You. I thank You for Your mercy and kindness.

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 17
God’s Covenant with David
1 Now it came to pass, when David was dwelling in his house, that David said to Nathan the prophet, “See now, I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of the covenant of the Lord is under tent curtains.” 2 Then Nathan said to David, “Do all that is in your heart, for God is with you.” 3 But it happened that night that the word of God came to Nathan, saying, 4 “Go and tell My servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord: “You shall not build Me a house to dwell in. 5 For I have not dwelt in a house since the time that I brought up Israel, even to this day, but have gone from tent to tent, and from one tabernacle to another. 6 Wherever I have moved about with all Israel, have I ever spoken a word to any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd My people, saying, ‘Why have you not built Me a house of cedar–’”’ 7 Now therefore, thus shall you say to My servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts: “I took you from the sheepfold, from following the sheep, to be ruler over My people Israel. 8 And I have been with you wherever you have gone, and have cut off all your enemies from before you, and have made you a name like the name of the great men who are on the earth. 9 Moreover I will appoint a place for My people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own and move no more; nor shall the sons of wickedness oppress them anymore, as previously, 10 since the time that I commanded judges to be over My people Israel. Also I will subdue all your enemies. Furthermore I tell you that the Lord will build you a house. 11 And it shall be, when your days are fulfilled, when you must go to be with your fathers, that I will set up your seed after you, who will be of your sons; and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build Me a house, and I will establish his throne forever. 13 I will be his Father, and he shall be My son; and I will not take My mercy away from him, as I took it from him who was before you. 14 And I will establish him in My house and in My kingdom forever; and his throne shall be established forever.”’” 15 According to all these words and according to all this vision, so Nathan spoke to David. 16 Then King David went in and sat before the Lord; and he said: “Who am I, O Lord God? And what is my house, that You have brought me this far? 17 And yet this was a small thing in Your sight, O God; and You have also spoken of Your servant’s house for a great while to come, and have regarded me according to the rank of a man of high degree, O Lord God. 18 What more can David say to You for the honor of Your servant? For You know Your servant. 19 O Lord, for Your servant’s sake, and according to Your own heart, You have done all this greatness, in making known all these great things. 20 O Lord, there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears. 21 And who is like Your people Israel, the one nation on the earth whom God went to redeem for Himself as a people—to make for Yourself a name by great and awesome deeds, by driving out nations from before Your people whom You redeemed from Egypt? 22 For You have made Your people Israel Your very own people forever; and You, Lord, have become their God. 23 “And now, O Lord, the word which You have spoken concerning Your servant and concerning his house, let it be established forever, and do as You have said. 24 So let it be established, that Your name may be magnified forever, saying, ‘The Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, is Israel’s God.’ And let the house of Your servant David be established before You. 25 For You, O my God, have revealed to Your servant that You will build him a house. Therefore Your servant has found it in his heart to pray before You. 26 And now, Lord, You are God, and have promised this goodness to Your servant. 27 Now You have been pleased to bless the house of Your servant, that it may continue before You forever; for You have blessed it, O Lord, and it shall be blessed forever.”

Pray that you will continue to experience the joy and the excitement that God has placed in your life through accepting His Son, Jesus Christ. Pray that if you’ve lost those things, that He will restore your fellowship and revive your heart. Pray that others around you will see those things in your life and want to know Christ. Praise Him that He lavishes those things upon you daily.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply