Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-01-2014, 08:21 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Encouraging Word - July

July 1

For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17

Deuteronomy 34:10 (NIV) The Lord knew Moses face to face...

Thought: Ponder that. Then pursue God with passion.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 4:12-13 (NLT): Dear friends, don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad-because these trials will make you partners with Christ in his suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing his glory when it is displayed to all the world.

Today’s Thought: One of the hardest things to do as a Christian is to trust God through trials. We are going to face them. Trusting God through them makes you stronger. Lean on Jesus, He cares and wants to help you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me learn to trust You in trials. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 2

And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32

Deuteronomy 34:11 (NIV) Moses did all those miraculous signs and wonders the Lord sent him to do in Egypt.

Thought: God has a plan for you, too. Go. Serve. Give. You have a lot of life to live.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 4:14 (NLT): Be happy if you are insulted for being a Christian, for then the glorious Spirit of God will come upon you.

Today’s Thought: Not everyone is going to like you. As Jesus did, we should “turn the other cheek.” This is very hard to do but necessary.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me not to get offended when someone insults me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 07-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 3

I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments. Psalm 119:45

Joshua 1:4 (NIV) Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon...

Thought: God's going to give you big blessings. What will do with them? Decide now before the day comes.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 4:19 (NLT): So if you are suffering according to God's will, keep on doing what is right, and trust yourself to the God who made you, for he will never fail you.

Today’s Thought: When one is in a battle it is often hard not to trust God. However, it is in these times we should trust Him even more. No matter how hard it gets, how much you want to “throw in the towel,” He will never leave you or forsake you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for never leaving me. I ask that You help me learn to trust You no matter what I am facing. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 07-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 4

So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free. John 8:36

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 5:7 (NLT): Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.

Today’s Thought: God cares about you. He does not just care about a few things, but everything! He cares about you so much that He knows exactly how many hairs you have on your head!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You so much for caring about me! Today, I ask that You show me in a tangible way exactly how much You care about me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 07-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 5

Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. Psalm 19:13

Proverbs 5:22 (NIV) The evil deeds of a wicked man ensnare him; the cords of his sin hold him fast.

Thought: Sin's grip gets tighter and tighter any time you give in.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 6

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Psalm 85:12 (NIV) The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest.

Thought: God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 5:10 (NLT): In his kindness God called you to his eternal glory by means of Jesus Christ. After you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.

Today’s Thought: We will go through tough times as Christians. That is just part of life. We do, however, have someone that is with us always. His name is Jesus Christ. He will never leave you or forsake you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for sending Your Son Jesus for me. I thank You that He never leaves me. Help me learn to lean on Him, always. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 07-07-2014, 10:15 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 7

For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 2 Corinthians 4:17

Joshua 1:8 (NIV) ...meditate on this Book of the Law day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Thought: Life indeed does come with directions. God gave em to us a long time ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 07-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 8

Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. John 14:1

Proverbs 22:1 (NIV) A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.

Thought: Living a life of honor and humility is the high calling of every believer in Christ.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 07-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 9

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Philippians 4:6

Isaiah 60:17 (NIV) Instead of bronze I will bring you gold, and silver in place of iron.

Thought: Don't ever settle for anything less than God's best.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:6 (NLT): So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though it is necessary for you to endure many trials for a while.

Today’s Thought: Trials are a part of life. When (not if) you go through trials, remember that everything (even trials) are Father-filtered. Trust & lean on Him.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I put my trust in You. Help me learn to trust You with everything. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 07-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 10

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7

Isaiah 61:6 (NIV) And you will be called priests of the Lord, you will be named ministers of our God.

Thought: It's time to think much more highly of who you are in Christ and what He wants you to do.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:8-9 (NLT): You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him, you trust him; and even now you are happy with a glorious, inexpressible joy. Your reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls.

Today’s Thought: It is so rewarding serving God! He is so holy, worthy and awesome. Today, let’s dwell on everything He has done for us and give Him praise for it all!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for saving me! Thank You for all Your wonderful blessings in my life! I ask that You always remind me of what You have done for me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 07-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 11

My experience shows that those who plant trouble and cultivate evil will harvest the same. Job 4:8

Isaiah 61:1 (NIV) He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted....

Thought: Divine healing encompasses a whole lot more than bumps and bruises on skin and bones. God wants to heal us on the inside, too.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:13 (NLT): So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the special blessings that will come to you at the return of Jesus Christ.

Today’s Thought: We need to keep our eye on the prize. Our prize is eternal life with Jesus Christ. Let’s live as holy as we can and when we sin, repent right away.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me live a holy life and let it be pleasing to You. When I fall short, let me be quick to repent and turn towards You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 07-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 12

Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand. Colossians 3:1

Psalm 122:3-4 (NIV) Jerusalem is built like a city that is closely compacted together. That is where the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord, to praise the name of the Lord...

Thought: "Lord, let Jerusalem be filled with Your praises. Amen."

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:14 (NLT): Obey God because you are his children. Don't slip back into your old ways of doing evil; you didn't know any better then.

Today’s Thought: When a child loves their parents they will obey them no matter what. We need to be the same way when it comes to our Heavenly Father.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me learn to hear Your voice and be quick to obey You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 07-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 13

Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full-pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. Luke 6:38

2 Samuel 11:2-3 (NIV) ...From the roof David saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, and David sent someone to find out about her...

Thought: A glimpse can lead to a gaze. Stop sin before it starts -- look the other way.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:17 (NLT): And remember that the heavenly Father to whom you pray has no favorites when he judges. He will judge or reward you according to what you do. So you must live in reverent fear of him during your time as foreigners here on earth.

Today’s Thought: We must be careful how we live. God is watching, even when no when else is. Let’s try to please Him in everything we do today!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that my life be a pleasing sacrifice to You today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 07-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 14

Whoever pursues righteousness and unfailing love will find life, righteousness, and honor. Proverbs 21:21

James 3:5-6 (NIV) Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body...

Thought: Words are things we can never get back. So don't let em go. Hold em back.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 1:18 (NLT):
For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver.

Today’s Thought: God, the Creator of the Universe, the Alpha and Omega has the biggest crush on us that He bought us and all our sin so we can love with Him forever. Wow! Think about that as you go about your day today!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for loving me even when I mess up. Please help me do better. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Post New ThreadReply