Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2014, 10:57 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Missing a Treat

Missing a Treat

Read Proverbs 9:1-12

Come, all you who are thirsty ... come, buy and eat.
-Isaiah 55:1 (NIV)

THE phone rang as I was clearing up after the evening meal. It was my friend Syl. "Marion, I am sitting here waiting for you. Have you forgotten something?"

Oh no! Syl had invited my husband and me to eat with her, and when Syl makes a meal it's a feast. We had missed a treat, not because we didn't want her meal but because we had been too busy to remember it. "We forgot it was Tuesday, and we've already eaten. I'm so sorry!" Our friend was disappointed too, but she ran out and invited two friends who lived near her to come and eat the lovely meal she had prepared for us.

In a much more significant way, God has graciously prepared a feast for us. Those of us reading these meditations each day have already come to taste the blessings offered at God's table. But sometimes I get so busy that I forget - and miss a treat. If my friend invites us again, we will be sure to go. And I don't intend to get so full of life's busyness that I miss my daily feast with God.

Marion Turnbull (Manchester, England)
Prayer
O God, we give thanks that you have called us to eat and drink at your table. Feed our spirit and satisfy our thirst today. Amen.

Thought for the Day
God offers a feast. Will you accept the invitation?
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply