Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > 12 Steps and 12 Traditions

Share This Forum!  

12 Steps and 12 Traditions Information and Discussions related to the 12 Steps and The 12 Traditions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Step Four

Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

Step Four is a Step that people hesitate to do and look on it with fear. I had to change that fear into an act of faith. I was told that I had to take an inventory of what was there so I would know what I needed to change. My sponsor said that I had to change everything, yet I didn't know what that everything was.

I didn't know that meant an inventory of the postive as well as the negative. It wasn't a punishing step, it was one of affirmation and validation. I was not a bad person, I was a sick person who needed to get well, it didn't say I had to get good.

Without doing Steps 4 & 5, I would be a dry drunk. I couldn't truly go onto the following Steps without them.

Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

Step Five was an enlightening Step, as well as a Step which lightened the burdens I had carried for years.

I knew God knew all things, and that is why I walked in fear. I knew I didn't have to tell Him, He knew, and I didn't realize that it was necessary to share with him to begin the process of the five As of change: Awareness, admittance, acceptance, action which brought about a change in attitude which allowed for spiritual growth.

By sharing with another, it meant that I could obtain self-honesty. I couldn't look at my life through rose-coloured glasses, with tunnel vision, and it brought about an awareness of two things. I wasn't as bad as I thought I was, but I sure had a lot of work to be done!

Ntoice that it says the nature of my disease it didn't say to list each and every one I made. i.e. thief, adulteress, bad wife, mother, friend, etc.

Just for today, God and I are still working on them.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply