Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-01-2016, 09:47 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - April

April 1

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Psalm 77:11 (NIV) I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember Your miracles of long ago.

Thought: Evidence of God is everywhere.

Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. - Ephesians 6:11

Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. —Psalm 4:1

Do everything in love. 1 Corinthians 16:14

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalms 46:10
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2016, 09:06 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 2

Deuteronomy 31:6 — "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Do you feel like you're going through life's struggles all alone? Remember that the moment you ask Jesus to bring you into God's family, he will be by your side to the end — so never lose hope!

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. —Ephesians 4:2-3

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.—Ephesians 4:2-3

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Old 04-03-2016, 07:30 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 3

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing. Proverbs 12:18

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. - Galatians 6:9
Old 04-04-2016, 09:46 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 4

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

I will never forget your commandments, for by them you give me life. - Psalm 119:93

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7
Old 04-04-2016, 11:08 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 04-05-2016, 06:49 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 5

Philippians 2:12 Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.

1 Corinthians 15:58b (NIV) ...let nothing move you...

Thought: Tests build character. Keep holding onto Christ.

And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. - Hebrews 11:6

1 Thessalonians 5:18 — ...give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

There are many challenging things that happen in life for which we don't naturally, even supernaturally, feel thankful. But when we consider that God is our Father, that he knows the number of hairs on our head (Luke 12:7) and that the days of our life are planned ahead by him (Psalm 139:16) — it stands to reason that there are no accidents with God. We know that God is able to use even difficult things in life for our good (Romans 8:28), to conform us to the image of Christ (Romans 8:29). If you have a hard time thanking Him for something that happens, do the next best thing: ask Him to show you how.

Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. —Colossians 4:5-6

Romans 8:17 (NIV) - Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:13 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 6

1 Corinthians 15:58c (NIV) ...always give yourself fully to the work of the Lord...

Thought: Don't quit on God. He's got a lot for you to do.

The one thing I ask of the LORD-the thing I seek most-is to live in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, delighting in the LORD's perfections and meditating in his Temple. - Psalm 27:4

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 2:9 (NLT) So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while punishing the wicked right up until the day of judgment.

Today’s Thought: God always takes care of His children. Sometimes we doubt this instead of trusting Him. God’s timing is always right. We may not always feel like His timing is right, however, He’s always right on time. Trust Him!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for always meeting my needs. Help me learn to trust You, always. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

1 John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.

Psalm 34:8 NIV Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #10
dwmoeller

He (Jesus) is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. - 1 John 2:2

Thought: Receive God's exchange today: Your sins for Jesus' sacrifice. The worthless for the immeasurable!

Dave

dwmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dwmoeller For Sharing:
Old 04-07-2016, 08:29 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 7

And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: "It is more blessed to give than to receive." - Acts 20:34

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Ephesians 4:2-7 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it.

Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. John 16:24

1 John 1:7 (NIV) - But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:39 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 8

2 Corinthians 1:24 (NIV) ...it is by faith you stand firm.

Thought: Trust in God, not in yourself.

Ephesians 5:19(b)-20 — Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

When you feel down, you may find it difficult to give thanks. Take heart — in all things God works for our good if we love him and are called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28). Thank God, not for your problems, but for the strength he is building in you through the difficult experiences in your life. You can be sure that God's perfect love will see you through.

Psalm 27:13 I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2

Matthew 6:12 (NIV) - And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:36 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 9

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me — put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. —Philippians 4:9

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3
Old 04-10-2016, 09:39 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 10

And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. - Colossians 2:6-7

Today’s Scripture: James 3:10 (NLT) And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right!

Today’s Thought: We must guard what comes out of our mouth. We can either choose to build up or tear down. What will you choose today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me guard my tongue. I also ask that You put people in my life today that need an encouraging word. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Romans 5:6-8 - 6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Philippians 3:13-14 One thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners. Matthew 9:13

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deuteronomy 6:5
Post New ThreadReply