Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 2/15

When we place our trust in God’s faithful care, we become open to the new things God is doing in our lives. We are eternally being made new in our body, mind, and spirit.

God is doing new things even while we walk in a wilderness.

To follow God is to hear the cries of those who are suffering and to offer hope that only God can bring, to remember that peace is not something we achieve on our own.

Remember God’s love and be thankful.

Human beings are the pinnacle of God’s creation. We are special. Look at the moon, marvel at the stars, and be thankful for the value God puts on you.

God wants to release us from our fears.

God can bring good out of even tragedy and loss.

Every moment of every day, God’s grace sustains us.

Beautiful Day By Karen Krokroskia
"My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, O king." ~Daniel 6:22
I looked out the window to see a fluffy blanket of snow covering our neighborhood and icicles crowning each house. Despite the freezing temperatures, the bright sun lit up the winter sky. With my morning coffee in hand, I thanked God for protecting my family. I continued my daily meditation, knowing that it was going to be a beautiful day.
My ten-year-old son, Sean, was quite excited about the morning as well. He sat eagerly in front of the television set waiting to see the name of his school listed at the bottom of the screen, hoping for a snow day. When his school finally appeared, his excitement matched that of scoring the winning touchdown during the Super Bowl. There aren't too many things more exciting to a kid than a snow day. The next thing I knew, the phone was ringing, and Sean was making plans with his friends to play in the snow.
I had to laugh when I watched the boys walk out of the house in their winter gear. With two sweatshirts and a turtleneck, long underwear, pants, layers of socks and snow boots all under a heavy coat, Sean waddled away from the house like a seal.
What I didn't know was that the boys would soon be in danger. Despite their better judgment, they ended up at the pond. They decided to see if it was frozen enough for them to ride their bikes across, so Sean started walking on it to check it out. Slowly but surely, he inched out until he was rather far. Without warning, he fell completely through the ice.
Freezing cold and weighed down by all of his winter clothes, he attempted to tread water and keep his head afloat. But he could not get out alone, and his friends were unable to help him. Sean had only one thing left to do: he prayed. Suddenly, he felt a hand guide him as he was pushed up and out of the icy water and back to safety. The Lord was watching over him and sent His angels to rescue him.
Several weeks later, I learned the story of Sean's "close call" from his Sunday school teacher. Like most kids, even though this story has a happy ending, he was sure he would be in big trouble at home for playing at the pond. I wondered how many other times the Lord has stepped in to rescue our children that we haven't found out about.
As I begin my mornings with the Lord, I have a newfound gratitude for the very real way in which God protects his children. With my trust in the Lord, I know that every day is truly going to be a beautiful day.

"Stand Your Ground" by Pastor Greg Laurie
When the messengers of John had departed, He began to speak to the multitudes concerning John: "What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?" Luke 7:24 (NKJV)
A traveler who was visiting a logging area in the northwestern United States watched with great interest as a lumberjack walking alongside a mountain stream periodically jagged his sharp hook into a log and separated it from the others. The traveler asked the logger what he was doing.
"Well, these logs may all look alike to you," the logger said, "but I recognize that some of them are quite different. The ones that I let pass are from trees that grow in a valley, where they are always protected from the storms. The grain on those logs is rather course. But the logs I pull aside come from high up in the mountains, where they are beaten by strong winds from the time they are quite small. This toughens the trees and gives them a fine grain. We save these for choice work. They are too good to be used for ordinary lumber."
Maybe you are facing winds of adversity right now, and you wonder why. Could it be that God is saving you for a choice work? Could it be that He is allowing you to go through hardship so you will be able to do something unique that He has in store for you?
There are also winds of temptation that blow in our lives. These hot winds of enticement come out of nowhere. Then there are the winds of compromise. Like soft summer breezes, these winds can lull us into doing the wrong thing.
We need to stand our ground. We need to hold our course. Whatever we are facing, we don't have to face it alone. There is a God who cares. We need to trust Him. And we need to remember that He will never give us more than we can handle.

Don't Wait to Obey God by Tom Holladay
I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands. Psalm 119:60 (NIV)
When the angel appeared to Joseph in a dream, he told Joseph, "Do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 1:20 NIV). So that's what Joseph did. "When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife" (Matthew 1:24 NIV). He didn't hesitate, he just did it.
There is a refreshing immediacy to Joseph's relationship with God. When God said it, Joseph did it.
If you believe God loves you, and you want to live a life of obedience in response to his love, then this how you should respond. Living in immediate obedience to God is a kind of life that breathes with excitement and joy.
I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of great men and women of faith from around the world. They are all different from each other, but there one thing they all have in common. When they sense God saying to do something, they don't hesitate. They step out and do it.
First John 5:3 says, "This is love for God, to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome" (NIV). So if something God asks you to do feels like a burden, what's wrong? Usually it's procrastination. When we don't act right away, it becomes harder to do the longer we wait. But when we do what God says, the most refreshing freedom will come into our lives.
What is God calling you to do? Is it a phone call you need to make? An action you need to take? Whatever it is, write it down right now, tell God you're willing to do it, and ask him to give you the strength you need to make it happen.

Tripping Over Pride by Kristi Huseby
“Pride goes before destruction and haughtiness before a fall.” (Proverbs 16:18, NLT)
When I was in college, I had a job as an outreach coordinator. At the Bible school I attended we were required to do service projects throughout the year and my job was to help people get connected with the right organization to do these projects.
Every year we would have different organizations come to the school for a “ministry fair” of sorts. They would be able to talk with students about how they could serve in their organizations and the students could explore whether that specific ministry would be where they could best serve.
During one of those ministry fairs, I was taking one of the organization leaders to their meeting room and as we were walking across the campus he asked me questions about the school. Even though it was my first year at the school, I was fairly informed and was able to answer most of his questions. When we got to the room, I turned to tell him that it was nice to meet him. He asked, “What year are you in? You seem so mature are you a senior?”
I told him that I was just a freshman and he seemed quite surprised. Well, that went straight to my head! I told him thank you very much, stood up straighter and walked out of the room with a very fat head. Then I tripped and fell down a whole flight of stairs!
I lay at the bottom unhurt but much humbled. I couldn’t help but admit how appropriate that trip was for me. Proverbs 16:18 popped into my head.
Years later, pride still continues to be a struggle in my life.
Just the other day, my sister pointed out to me how arrogant and prideful I have been in my interactions with the people I work with. I had to admit that she was right. Just when I think that I have conquered this area of sin in my life, it pokes its ugly head out of the hole and I am once again facing my sinful nature in all its depravity.
Isn’t that what Satan wants us to think – that we’ve conquered an area in our life and we won’t have to be concerned with it anymore? In fact, if he can get us to believe that then he has us right where he wants us. We are much more vulnerable and susceptible to falling when we have let our guard down by taking our eyes off of Jesus and putting them on ourselves.
I’m reminded of another verse, Proverbs 26:11 that says, “As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness.” Isn’t that a beautiful verse? NOT! I hate to think that I am like a dog returning to his vomit but unfortunately, it’s true. I don’t want to be a fool. To keep from doing that, I’ve got to be on guard, surrendered to the Holy Spirit with my ear tuned to His leadings and my eyes focused on Him.
Father, It is so easy for me to slip into pride. Keep my eyes focused on You so that I don’t even notice the things I’ve accomplished. Help me to remain safely humble, fully aware of my need for You so that Satan cannot tempt me with self-reliance. Thank for you the skills and talents You have given me. Help me to use them as the gifts they are not fall into the trap of thinking that they make me special. Your love for me is what makes me special. Your sacrifice is what sets me apart. Amen
Questions: What area of struggle do you find yourself going back to continually? Where have you dropped your guard and given Satan a foothold?

WHAT A DECADE CAN BRING by Steve May
Last week was the 9 year anniversary for Facebook. It launched on February 4, 2004, the original URL being thefacebook.com.
At first it was available only to Harvard students. Soon, other Ivy League students were invited to join. Then all university students. Then high school students. Then businesses. Then, in 2006, you and me. Today Facebook has one billion users. More than half the people in the US and one-third of the people in Brasil use Facebook.
So, Facebook is huge. What’s my point?
Nine years. That’s my point. Look at what a little less than a decade can bring.
Ten years ago, founder Mark Zuckerberg was a college sophomore facing disciplinary charges for hacking into the Harvard student database. Today, he’s one of the world’s most wealthy and influential men.
Back then, Facebook was barely more than an idea, just an ambitious little website that he launched from his college dorm. Today it’s a global force; one out of six people in the world have a Facebook profile.
Of course, some say that Zuckerberg got lucky, that he was in the right place at the right time. Maybe so.
Still, it begs the question: In which way might today be your lucky day? For what great work is today the right time for you? For what great work is your current situation the right place?
Do you dare look ahead 10 years and allow yourself to imagine what God can accomplish through you? Do you dare apply yourself to this task every day between now and then?
2023 is already on its way. Imagine what a decade can bring. Imagine what you can accomplish between now and then. How many books you could write. How many languages you could learn. How many people you could tell about Jesus. How much Scripture you could memorize. How many things about your world that you could make better. In the next 10 years, what could you do? Build a medical clinic? Fund a school? Start a new church?
Maybe you’re tempted to think that your best opportunities are behind you. Or that your time hasn’t yet come. Maybe you’re tempted to think that you can get serious about the future at a later date, some time in the future.
Or maybe you remember what Jesus said…
“Listen to what I’m telling you: Open your eyes and look at the fields, for they are ready for harvest.” (John 4:35)
It's not too late and it's not too soon. Today is the right time and this is the right place for God to do a great work through you.
Are you ready to begin?

Choices by Sharon Niese
Melody walked through the mall, quickly, yet deliberately. She had no idea that as she walked, she seemed to move to invisible music. Her tall, boy-like figure swayed to an unheard beat. Short brown hair framed her pixie face, and her Chocolate brown eyes danced with merriment.
She was on a mission to get the perfect gift for her best friend. She had heard that a new Christian CD was just out and it was what she wanted. Spotting the Christian Book Store, she turned toward it, and ran smack into someone or something. She stopped and looked up into the most beautiful blue eyes she had ever seen. Melody started to apologize, but words seemed to fail her as she just stood and stared at the man. He was about 6’2”, tall, and slim. He was beautiful if one could call a man beautiful. A woodsy fragrance filled the air around him. The man seemed amused at her and said, “You must really be in a big hurry. Where is the fire?”
Melody backed away from the man and said, “I am so sorry. I really did not look where I was going. Just in a hurry, I guess.” The man smilingly answered, “Well, if I had to be run over, I am glad it was by a beautiful young lady. Maybe we should start over. My name is Josh and yours is?” In a low, soft voice Melody said, “My name is Melody, and I am truly sorry for running into you like that.” Josh just stood there looking at her for some time before he said, “No problem, Melody, in fact you have brightened up a dreary day. I don’t have a habit of picking up ladies at the mall, but how about me buying you a cup of coffee?”
Looking back into those beautiful blue eyes, she could only nod. How could she say no? She wanted to so badly. Her quest for the CD was forgotten. She had just agreed to have coffee with a complete stranger. The very thought thrilled her.
The taste of the coffee was strong and delicious. As they sat at one of the tiny tables sprinkled across the floor near the coffee spot, Melody told him all about herself, which was a most unusual thing for her to do. She told him that she was a secretary for the Harvest Church and its Youth Minister. She told him of her family and where she lived and where the church was and everything else she could think of. Josh told her he was the lead singer in a band that played at the clubs downtown. They called themselves “Dusk to Dawn” and he loved his job. They talked as if they had known each other for years. She felt comfortable talking with Josh, and she really enjoyed the chance to get know him better. When the coffee cups were empty, Josh asked her for her phone number, which she gave to him. She really had no idea why.
That was the beginning of a wonderful friendship. Melody and Josh spent much time together, sometimes going on long walks by the riverbank. Even the dirty water looked good to Melody as long as she was with Josh. Sometimes they rode bikes on the bike trail, where the smell of fresh flowers filled the air. Many evenings they would sit on her porch swing and talk. With her job being during the day, and his job being at night, they were able to spend evenings together.
As the months passed, they grew closer and closer. Melody knew she was in love with Josh and she believed that he loved her. Josh never said the words to her, but she felt his deep, quiet love each time they were together. They never seemed to disagree on anything--except her church. He did not want to hear about it. He would get quiet and just look at her when she tried to share things from the church. When Melody would get excited about something in church, she would try to tell it to Josh, but he didn’t want to hear about it.
“It's like this, Melody," Josh told her at the end of one particularly beautiful summer evening. "I don’t want to hear about your church; I don't want to go to your church. Not now. Not ever. You have a choice to make here. Do you want to be with me always and forever, or do you want to be with this God of yours?
His words burned to the depths of Melody’s very soul. She closed her eyes tightly in agony. Was he asking her to choose between him and the Lord? There was no choice! She would never turn away from God. She loved Josh so much it hurt, but Jesus was--and always would be--first in her life. Melody opened her eyes to see Josh still standing in front of her. He stood waiting for her to say something. What could she say? She cleared her throat and spoke, “Josh, I love you with all my heart, but the Lord is first in my life and always will be. I will not deny Him ever. I just can’t.”
Josh shook his head and said, “Well, I guess you made your choice. I will not try to compete with this Jesus of yours. My only hope is that He can make you happy.” He bent over and kissed her then turned and walked away leaving her standing there.
As the next few months slowly passed, Melody was numb. She cried and cried. She had loved Josh so much. The main thought in her mind was, Why? Why did he do this? Her heart was broken and she felt betrayed. Melody knew she could not, nor did she want to, change her decision. But would the pain ever go away? Could she ever begin to live again? She thought not. The hurt cut too deeply.
...Two Years Later...
Melody was busy getting ready for a concert the teens were having that night. Some new Christian band had become very popular and they agreed to come to the church for a concert. The excitement in the air was contagious. The band was already at the hall. At least 20 teens had told her so and everything was fine. Melody sank into the middle chair in the back row of seats at the Fellowship Hall and closed her eyes. Soft brown hair fell over her face as she bowed her head to rest a bit before the program began. She was so tired.
Suddenly the sound of a beautiful praise song flowed over the room. It was almost surreal. Then she heard the voice. The beloved voice she could never forget. She opened her eyes, immediately spotting him as he stood behind the microphone at the front of the stage. He looked good. His hair was shorter and he was slimmer now, but he still had those beautiful crystal blue eyes. She could see the blue from all the way back where she sat.
Then Josh looked directly at her as he spoke. “A couple of years ago I walked away from the woman I loved with all my heart. I made her choose between her God and me. She had the wisdom to choose her God. I had a hard time accepting that she would choose someone who was not real over me, and I convinced myself she did not love me. But as I finally came to see, she made the right choice. He is real, this man Jesus Christ. I now see and my blinded eyes are open to the Truth. It took a barmaid in a small town to sit me down and share the Good News with me. I played music in bars. I now sing in churches and at church events to lift up the name of the man Jesus Christ.” He walked toward the back of the church where Melody sat.
Warm tears flowed down Melody’s cheeks as he came nearer and nearer. She thrilled to the news that Josh had found the greatest love of all, Jesus. She whispered, “Thank you Jesus, for saving his soul.”
Josh stood at the end of the row and held out his arms. She stumbled numbly over the feet and legs of the kids sitting between her and Josh. Melody slid into his arms and looked into his face. He kissed her and held her close. Then the whole hall filled with clapping and hoots. Melody and Josh never noticed. They simply turned and walked out of the hall with their arms around each other, on the way to start a beautiful life together in the service of their Lord.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Stay focused. Your thoughts have wandered from things that are relevant and have brought up the past to instill a sense of failure and condemnation. There is little if anything you can do about old issues. Don't dwell on the past or allow regrets to hinder your walk in the Spirit. Release yourself from torment, says the Lord, and be free. Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Beloved, do not allow the enemy to bring condemnation in matters that are beyond your realm of responsibility and out of your control. These are times when your faith must be firmly fastened to the fact that nothing is impossible with Me, says the Lord. Trust Me to share your burdens. Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Let faith rule and reign in every circumstance. Refuse to allow fear to have any place of control. Hold on to what you know, and I will hear your prayer and answer when you call. I will give divine direction that leads to spiritual perfection. You will see My glory and be amazed, says the Lord. I am your stronghold, your fortress, your high tower and safe harbor. I am your Rock! Psalms 31:3 For You are my rock and my fortress; therefore, for Your name’s sake, lead me and guide me.

I speak to those things that seem inaccessible. As much as you try and regardless of the effort you put forth, you are not able to attain what you desire. Beloved, this is a matter of exercising faith according to My will. I speak to many when I tell you that much of what you desire is presumptuous and apart from My will. And, it is impossible to exercise complete faith, without being double-minded, when your will is not aligned with My will and purposes, says the Lord. Take the time to give honest evaluation to unfulfilled desires. 1 John 5:14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Come now, My people, let us meet together. Let us communicate once again as we used to. Come to Me and talk with Me and express yourself to Me. For, the things that you are troubled with I already know of. But, if you can give them to Me then I can work with them. I can do something with them and I can bring them out of your sphere and into Mine. So, again I say, let us talk. Let us once again enjoy one another’s company in sweet conversation. As I speak to you, you will be strengthened. You will be encouraged. The word that I speak to you will become fresh manna and it will become the strength of your purpose in these days. Come in faith, says the Lord.

Father Of Love by Nancy Burr
I sit at the table each morning,
And praise the Father above.
He fills my heart and makes me sing,
For He is the Father of love.
I tell Him all my secret dreams,
And all that I desire.
He listens to my every plea,
And sets my heart on fire.
Then I stop and listen,
To what He has to say.
I feel His presence next to me,
And I promise to obey.
I ask my Father in heaven,
To protect me from above.
I know He guides my every move,
For He is the Father of love.

My Best Friend by Nancy Burr
A day never goes by,
When I don't think of You.
You're my inspiration,
My dearest Friend so true.
You help me through my mornings,
And all throughout my day.
You're even with me in the night,
You never go away.
You're there when troubles find me,
And when my day feels long.
When I'm weak you carry me,
And hold me till I'm strong.
When I feel sad and lonely,
You whisper in my ear.
That You will always love me,
And that You're always here.
You never walk away from me,
No matter what I do.
Instead you take me by the hand,
And lead me back to You.
So much joy and happiness,
Comes from You my Friend.
I'll cherish You and love You,
Until the very end.
Friends like You are hard to find,
There's no one else like You.
There's no one I can count on,
The way I count on You.
Oh Jesus I am speechless,
At all you do for me.
You even gave Your life,
So I could be set free.
Jesus You're my Best Friend,
No one else will do.
You mean everything to me,
And I'll always love You.

18 “Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. 19 Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:18-19

O Lord, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth, Who have set Your glory above the heavens! Psalm 8:1

1 I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. 2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps. 3 He has put a new song in my mouth—Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the Lord. Psalm 40:1-6

Unity Through Humility
1 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, 2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. Philippians 2:1-4

Jesus said, “I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them who hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven.” Matthew 5:44-45

Forgiveness and Prayer
25 “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.” Mark 11:25-26

15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness. 17 And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, 18 who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” 2 Timothy 2:15-19

You Are Loved! by Gail Rodgers
You are precious in His sight. Today… yes, right now!
“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” (Ephesians 3:16-19)
Father in Heaven, What wonderful understanding Your word gives me. Today I ask that You would give me strength in my inner being. Thank you that You reach out to strengthen me from Your vast store of riches. Help me to remember that today I have the living Christ dwelling within me. Remind me that this is my Source today in all I need to do or face.
Lord God, help me today to grasp how very much You love me. Help me to see in fresh ways how I am grounded by that love and rooted in it as a sure anchor for my life. Help me to believe it! What a heritage I share with other believers… this wonder of Your equipping love in my life. How we need to remind each other of this strengthening power that we have access to through Your Spirit.
Today when I am tempted to fall into thinking thoughts that drag me down, remind me of this rich love that You pour over me and into my life. Remind me, by Your Spirit, that this love is wider and longer and higher and deeper than I can ever imagine. Let me feel wrapped and encased in that love today. Help me to grasp this truth when I am tempted to feel less because of my own limited abilities or resources or circumstances.
Father, thank you that growing in this understanding of the riches of Your love will fill me up with a fullness and a completeness that can come from nothing else. Set me on a journey today to reply on You in every detail of my life. Let me live in the fullness of Your love today like never before. I ask this in the powerful name of Jesus with thanksgiving. Amen.
Question: Do you find it easy or hard to accept how much God loves you? How does His love change the way you face the day?

Loving God, help us to know that you love us even when we make mistakes. Help us to believe that you are with us even during the darkest times of our lives. Challenge us to keep growing in love for ourselves, our neighbors, and you. Help us to remember what Christ taught us and to follow his example. Help us to love one another as you love us. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Kings 11
Athaliah Reigns in Judah
1 When Athaliah the mother of Ahaziah saw that her son was dead, she arose and destroyed all the royal heirs. 2 But Jehosheba, the daughter of King Joram, sister of Ahaziah, took Joash the son of Ahaziah, and stole him away from among the king’s sons who were being murdered; and they hid him and his nurse in the bedroom, from Athaliah, so that he was not killed. 3 So he was hidden with her in the house of the Lord for six years, while Athaliah reigned over the land.
Joash Crowned King of Judah
4 In the seventh year Jehoiada sent and brought the captains of hundreds—of the bodyguards and the escorts—and brought them into the house of the Lord to him. And he made a covenant with them and took an oath from them in the house of the Lord, and showed them the king’s son. 5 Then he commanded them, saying, “This is what you shall do: one-third of you who come on duty on the Sabbath shall be keeping watch over the king’s house, 6 one-third shall be at the gate of Sur, and one-third at the gate behind the escorts. You shall keep the watch of the house, lest it be broken down. 7 The two contingents of you who go off duty on the Sabbath shall keep the watch of the house of the Lord for the king. 8 But you shall surround the king on all sides, every man with his weapons in his hand; and whoever comes within range, let him be put to death. You are to be with the king as he goes out and as he comes in.” 9 So the captains of the hundreds did according to all that Jehoiada the priest commanded. Each of them took his men who were to be on duty on the Sabbath, with those who were going off duty on the Sabbath, and came to Jehoiada the priest. 10 And the priest gave the captains of hundreds the spears and shields which had belonged to King David, that were in the temple of the Lord. 11 Then the escorts stood, every man with his weapons in his hand, all around the king, from the right side of the temple to the left side of the temple, by the altar and the house. 12 And he brought out the king’s son, put the crown on him, and gave him the Testimony; they made him king and anointed him, and they clapped their hands and said, “Long live the king!”
Death of Athaliah
13 Now when Athaliah heard the noise of the escorts and the people, she came to the people in the temple of the Lord. 14 When she looked, there was the king standing by a pillar according to custom; and the leaders and the trumpeters were by the king. All the people of the land were rejoicing and blowing trumpets. So Athaliah tore her clothes and cried out, “Treason! Treason!” 15 And Jehoiada the priest commanded the captains of the hundreds, the officers of the army, and said to them, “Take her outside under guard, and slay with the sword whoever follows her.” For the priest had said, “Do not let her be killed in the house of the Lord.” 16 So they seized her; and she went by way of the horses’ entrance into the king’s house, and there she was killed. 17 Then Jehoiada made a covenant between the Lord, the king, and the people, that they should be the Lord’s people, and also between the king and the people. 18 And all the people of the land went to the temple of Baal, and tore it down. They thoroughly broke in pieces its altars and images, and killed Mattan the priest of Baal before the altars. And the priest appointed officers over the house of the Lord. 19 Then he took the captains of hundreds, the bodyguards, the escorts, and all the people of the land; and they brought the king down from the house of the Lord, and went by way of the gate of the escorts to the king’s house. Then he sat on the throne of the kings. 20 So all the people of the land rejoiced; and the city was quiet, for they had slain Athaliah with the sword in the king’s house. 21 Jehoash was seven years old when he became king.

Creator of life, thank you for the new things you are doing in each of us. Thank you for making us special to you. Thank you for the gift of life. Inspire and empower us to live fully each day to your honor and glory. “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”* Amen. *Matthew 6:9-13 (NIV).

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply