Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default When do you call on God?

YOUR DAILY INSPIRATION

When do you call on God? When you messed up? When you have a problem? When you are in way over your head and can’t get yourself back out? Or when you have tried everything else already, but nothing worked so you might as well try the God-thing?

How about when you graduated? When you got married? When your children were born? When you landed that job you wanted? Or simply because you woke up today?

Unfortunately most of us only feel the need to call on God when we want something from Him. And like a good Father He comes to help us but we don’t even have the time to thank Him for it.

Does that sound familiar?

Maybe all of us have been guilty of that at some point in our lives. I remember when I was in college or even still in high school and I forgot that we had a test that day. I would say a little prayer and ask God to help me make a good grade on a test I hadn’t studied for and if He could do that for me, I would surely go to church next Sunday.

Well, I made pretty good grades during school and I’m certain that some of the tests I passed only because God helped me. I even found the time to thank Him for it but I never did go to church like I promised.

I pretty much only talked to God when I needed something from Him.

Now that I’m a mother and have kids I can see how fulfilling it is to be able to help my children when they need something. But at the same time, I also know how incredibly sad I would be, if the only time they talked to me was, when they needed something.

How would you feel if your children didn’t want to spend any time with you at all, because they are too busy enjoying their lives without as much as a “Hello”? Or when you studied with your child for a big test all week and he gets an A but has no time to tell you about it, much less thank you for studying with him.

Or how about when your daughter gets married and you are not invited, because she didn’t need your help with anything that day.

Let’s be honest, that would probably break our hearts. We want to be involved in the lives of our children. Not just when they need something, but even more when they have reason to celebrate and be happy.

Would it hurt them to pick up the phone every now and then to call and just talk to us and tell us about their day?

God is our Father in Heaven so if you feel that way about spending time with your children, don’t you think God feels exactly the same about spending time with you?

It is great that we can call on God in our time of need and He will incline His ear to hear our cry. Even if you are the prodigal son, who hasn’t talked to his father in years and did everything wrong, God welcomes you back with open arms, because He loves you unconditionally and wants to bless you.

So if He is willing to do all that even though you only talk to Him when you need something, how much more do you think He would do for you if you involved Him in your everyday life?

That doesn’t necessarily mean that you need to pray all day every day, it simply means, that you should acknowledge Him. We are called to fellowship with the Lord, so talk to Him throughout your day. Praise Him for things He has done for you or simply because you are grateful that you are alive. Maybe you just saw a really beautiful flower and it just occurred to you that God made that. Tell him “Thank you” for bringing beauty into your life.

1 John 1:3 says “That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.”

God wants to be a part of every aspect of your life, no matter how small or mundane you think it may be. So include Him, talk to Him, ask Him what you can do for His kingdom and watch blessings coming your way.

Jelena Anderson

website banner_thought of the day

Seasons may change but God’s grace remains the same. Be stronger in every season so that you will become fruitful. ~Malene Mendoza~

Lord, I thank You for always listening to me and being there for me, even when I have turned my back on You. Help me make You a priority in my life, because I want to fellowship with You – not just when I need something, but all the time. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply