Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default How Do You Get Other's To Believe?

Quote:
HOW DO WE GET SOMEONE TO BELIEVE IN A POWER GREATER THEN THEMSELVES? I MEAN A LOVING GOD AS HE MAY EXPRESS HIMSELF. I DON'T WISH TO SHOVE GOD DOWN ANYONE'S THROAT. I JUST WONDER, HOW DOES EVERYONE ELSE IN HERE TELL SOMEONE THAT, GOD HELPS THEM?
Personally, I don't have the power. All I can share is my experience, strength and hope with others. They have to find the way. It is not my job to play God with someone else's life. I do not have the right to project my God on to others, but I can share how my God works in my life and pray that they will find their way.

I read something the other day that said, "You don't have to believe in God to find the Spirit within."

I thought this was very empowering. I thought I knew who God was, but as I worked this program i came to realize that God had been an old tape and I only knew God third hand. God was an old tape and I had to go on a spiritual journey to find out what God meant to me.

For me, God is, as he reveals Himself to me.

I keep telling people not to keep God in church. He is there for sure, but He is everywhere, and why should you limit God by your narrow vision and perception.

I can't make people believe anything, yet hopefully, by living my own program, they can see God working in my life and catch a glimpse of Him through me.

Reminds me of a long time joke about someone dying and his friends coming to say goodbye. The one fellow looks at his friend in the casket and starts to laugh. His buddy calls him his behaviour and says it was very appropriate for the occasion. He said, "I can't help it. Look at him lying there. He always claimed to be an atheist. There he is, all dressed up with no place to go."

It is funny, yet it is sad. To think of having no hope or direction in your life makes life so much more difficult. We have been there, although I knew there was a God, I just didn't believe that He believed in me.

Quote:

"He's Got The Whole World In His Hands"

He's got the whole world in his hands he's got the whole wild world in his hands
He's got the whole wild world in his hands he's got the whole world in his hands

He's got the little bitty baby in his hands he's got the little bitty baby in his hands
He's got the little bitty baby in his hands he's got the whole world in his hands
He's got the whole world in his hands...

He's got you and me brother in his hands he's got you and me sister in his hands
He's got you and me brother in his hands he's got the whole world in his hands

He's got everybody here in his hands he's got everybody here in his hands
He's got everybody here in his hands he's got the whole world in his hands
He's got you and me brother...

Glen Campbell

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply