Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc

Share This Forum!  

Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc A place for you to express yourself. Share inspirations, poetry, quotes, writings etc. here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Beginning Today

Beginning today I will no longer worry about yesterday.
It is in the past and the past will never change.
Only I can change by choosing to do so.

Beginning today I will no longer worry about tomorrow.
Tomorrow will always be there,
waiting for me to make the most of it.
But I cannot make the most of tomorrow
without first making the most of today.

Beginning today I will look in the mirror and I will
see a person worthy of my respect and admiration.
This capable person looking back at me is someone
I enjoy spending time with and someone
I would like to get to know better.

Beginning today I will cherish each moment of my life.
I value this gift bestowed upon me in this world and
I will unselfishly share this gift with others.
I will use this gift to enhance the lives of others.

Beginning today I will take a moment to step off the
beaten path and to revel in the mysteries I encounter.
I will face challenges with courage and determination.
I will overcome what barriers there may be which hinder
my quest for growth and self-improvement.

Beginning today I will take life one day at a time,
one step at a time.
Discouragement will not be allowed to taint my positive self-image, my desire to succeed or my capacity to love.

Beginning today I walk with renewed faith in human kindness.
Regardless of what has gone before, I believe there
is hope for a brighter and better future.

Beginning today I will open my mind and my heart.
I will welcome new experiences. I will meet new people.
I will not expect perfection from myself nor anyone else: perfection does not exist in an imperfect world.
But I will applaud the attempt to overcome human foibles.

Beginning today I am responsible for my own happiness
and I will do things that make me happy . . .
admire the beautiful wonders of nature, listen to my
favourite music, pet a kitten or a puppy, soak in a bubble bath pleasure can be found in the most simple of gestures.

Beginning today I will learn something new; I will
try something different; I will savour all the
various flavors life has to offer.
I will change what I can and the rest I will let go.
I will strive to become the best me I can possibly be.

Beginning today.

Everyday.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Listen with my Heart

Have you ever wished to be normal,
as some people seem to be ?
To have no bad reputation,
no black-marks for others to see.

Have you ever tried to control things,
they just get more out of control ?
Crazy thoughts should really get smaller,
but they just continue to grow.

Today, I believe in miracles,
'Cause my ideas and attitude have changed.
It doesn't matter what you think of me,
it's okay if I take the blame.

I never liked rules, being told what to do,
you told me to stop listening to my head.
You said that I loved attention,
and that would only get me dead.

Today I like what you have,
and I'm willing to make a new start.
I will follow direction, and trust the unknown,
and try to listen with my heart.

Barry Lane … 2002

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:27 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

One of life's greatest pleasures is meeting and conquering our most difficult moments. Lord, teach me to trust myself and trust that You will never abandon me or my needs.

We have within ourselves
Enough to fill the present day with joy,
And overspread the future years with hope.

- William Wordsworth

If you worry a little each day, it eventually will add up to years. Lord, without Your strength it is so easy to let circumstances rob me of my joy.

If you look for happiness outside of yourself you will never find it. Lord, help me turn inward and realize that the source of my happiness has been there all along.

To be truly successful, put your heart and soul into even the smallest of your tasks. Lord, help me live my life in different ways and by different means, but always with enthusiasm and commitment.

Originally posted in 2011 from Today's Daily Inspiration

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Conscience is, in most men an anticipation of the opinions of others.

- Sir Henry Taylor

We are no longer in doubt about the right actions to take toward others. The program's Steps clarify what is appropriate behavior. Thus we know that doing any injury-physical or emotional-to other people harms us as well as them.

One of the many rewards of recovery is being free to live without guilt. Name-calling, harmful gossip, intentional put-downs, hateful rejections no longer provide the perverse pleasure of years gone by. We now recognize the subtle joy of sincere and loving efforts. We find this joy in calling a friend who is faced with a painful decision, picking up groceries for an elderly neighbor, extending our friendship to the new person at work. We no longer need the fear of what others will think to curb our spiteful actions.

Our conscience may still guide our actions at times, but as we grow in our recovery, we begin to intuitively know what keeps us on track and in sync with God.

I will follow my God-given intuition today.

From my site JoAnne's Angels and Faeries

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:20 PM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Have courage, when the day is drear,
God's presence is forever near,
His moving spirit guides our way
And helps us find the strength each day.
Within his shadow-safe and secure,
We know our trust in him is sure.
For as the seasons, moon and sun,
With ceaseless course their journeys run,
So God's great love is ceaseless too,
And keeps our lives enriched anew.

~ Elizabeth Gozney ~

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Each morning when I wake up, I turn my day over to the God of my understanding. My understanding in today is that God is all things. When I try to identify God, I limit Him/Her/It as to how my God can work in my life.

For me, God is three-fold, body, mind and spirit, which makes up me. The Bible says I was made in His image, so He must have a little bit of me in Him. Now that is a scary thought, yet I know he identifies with me, has a sense of humour, is very patient, tolerant, understanding, forgiving, and all those traits which he is try to teach me in today. Whatever the trait, the habit, the ideal, the goal, etc. God and I are working on it just for today.

All I have to worry about is this days thoughts, actions, events, etc. When I stay in today, yesterday has gone, tomorrow hasn't got here yet, and I can live the day to it's fullest.

When we understand who we really are, a full transformation happens in our lives. When we bring to light what is within us, we understand the true knowledge of who we are.

For many of us, we lost ourselves in the bottle, the next fix, the next pill, the next man/woman, the next substance, be it food or drink, the next thing that would take us out of ourselves. (work, habit, exercise, groups, etc.) Anything that would take us out of ourselves and away from having to look at ourselves.

When we focus on the positive instead of the negative, we live in the solution instead of the problem.

The solution to my disease is a spiritual one.

This may be a duplicate, but it was what I was lead to. Just got off the phone with my spiritual adviser. I am so grateful that this is a spiritual program and opens the door to people of all faiths.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:25 AM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF

STOP ALL CRITICISM.
Criticism never changes a thing. Refuse to criticize yourself. Accept yourself exactly as you are. Everybody changes. When you criticize yourself,your changes are negative. When you approve of yourself, your changes are positive.

DON'T SCARE YOURSELF.
Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts. It's a dreadful way to live.
Find a mental image that gives you pleasure (mine is yellow roses), and
immediately switch your scary thought to a pleasure thought.

BE GENTLE AND KIND AND PATIENT.
Be gentle with yourself. Be kind to yourself. Be patient with yourself as you learn the new ways of thinking. Treat yourself as you would someone you really loved.

BE KIND TO YOUR MIND.
Self-hatred is only hating your own thoughts. Don't hate yourself for having the thoughts. Gently change your thoughts.

PRAISE YOURSELF.
Criticism breaks down the inner spirit. Praise builds it up. Praise yourself as much as you can. Tell yourself how well you are doing with every little thing.

SUPPORT YOURSELF.
Find ways to support yourself. Reach out to friends and allow them to help you. It is being strong to ask for help when you need it.

BE LOVING TO YOUR NEGATIVES.
Acknowledge that you created them to fulfill a need. Now you are finding new, positive ways to fulfill those needs. So lovingly release the old negative patterns.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY.
Learn about nutrition. What kind of fuel does your body need to have optimum energy and vitality? Learn about exercise. What kind of exercise can you enjoy? Cherish and revere the temple you live in.

MIRROR WORK.
Look into your eyes often. Express this growing sense of love you have for yourself. Forgive yourself looking into the mirror. Talk to your parents looking into the mirror. Forgive them too. At least once a day say: "I love you, I really love you!"

LOVE YOURSELF... DO IT NOW.
Don't wait until you get well, or lose the weight, or get the new job, or the new relationship. Begin now - and do the best you can.

by Louise Hay[/CENTER]

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:21 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
A miracle of wealth happens to me today! A miracle of wealth is happening to me right now, in the best possible way, for the highest good!

From Holistic Healing
Wealth is not measured in gold, friendships are priceless.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:23 PM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

-------------------------------------------------
MountainWings A MountainWings Moment
#4055 Wings Over The Mountains of Life
-------------------------------------------------

Warning Light
=============

Today I was driving in my truck up a busy street,
talking out loud to God, as I sometimes do.

I glanced down at my gas gauge for the 10th time only to see that I was still on empty, and the orange glow of the warning light was still very much glowing at me.

I had been telling God that I didn't know what to do and that I was in need of His wisdom.

My car insurance was due yesterday, my truck payment is 3 months overdue, my cell phone was turned off,
(I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks so that is a big one for me).

I am on medical disability for my anxiety, no job and very broke.

I explained to God that something really needed to change, and that I am at my end and can't do this anymore.

Now, let me explain something to you.

I believe in God. I attend an awesome church but not as
regularly as I should. I have a Bible but don't pick it up to read it as often as I should. I have so many opportunities to attend small group studies with my church and even get togethers, but I don't.

That's when it hit me.

I was running on empty.

My spiritual Warning Light has been glowing orange for months now, and I have just kept on going; filling up just enough to get me by, like I do with my gas tank, fill up with just $10.00 worth of gas to get me to the next week.

I didn't get the meaning of it until today. It hit me.

I was actually having a MountainWings moment, and I was excited.

I pulled over and thanked God for showing me what changes I needed to make, what I had to do to fill myself with spiritual fuel.

It was so simple that I had to laugh about it.

It's amazing how we talk to God, and yet sometimes never really open ourselves to listen for his reply.

~A MountainWings Original by Lisa Gizman, Lewiston, ID~

This was sent to me by a friend, and as they say, "God works through people, places and things."

It was because of a spiritual awareness like this that brought me to the site. I know that I can't just 'get by' and that I need spiritual food and I thank you all for being a part of my daily diet.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:33 PM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
I will dare to be myself. I may be tempted to paste a smile on my face even though I am angry, in order to please another person. When turning down an invitation, I may want to make excuses so that nobody will be hurt. I may be inclined to cancel plans that I care about, without protest, because a loved one prefers to stay home and I don't want to make waves. These may be perfectly acceptable choices, and I may opt for any or all of them. But today I will be honest with myself as I do so--I will not pretend to feel what I do not feel or to want what I do not want.

Al-Anon does not tell me how to behave. It doesn't legislate right or wrong choices. But AI-Anon does encourage me to look searchingly and fearlessly at myself, my feelings, motives, and actions. I can only learn to love myself if I am willing to learn who I am.

Today's Reminder
I have a right to want what I want and to feel the way I feel. I may not choose to act on those feelings or desires, but I won't hide them from myself They are part of me.

"This above all: to thine own self be true."
William Shakespeare
From Courage to Change.

The program is one of suggestions, but there are darn well betters, or you will find yourself, back where you came from. Personally, I never wanted to go back there.

One day at a time, I will work the program and ask for the courage to change, and give myself the opportunity to recover from my disease. We have a family disease and it affects everyone around us, not just the As in our life.

The 12 Steps work for everyone and in all areas of our recovery. I am an Adult Child of an alcoholic father and an addicted mother. I became an alcoholic and an addict. Just for today, I choose not to use.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:31 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Each day is a new beginning, so have a great one!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply