Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-01-2017, 07:32 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - February

February 1

With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation! - Isaiah 12:3

In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. – Romans 6:11

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." 1 John 5:4

Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Luke 6:36

Romans 8:1, ESV "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

What is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. —1 John 4:7

"Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am the LORD." Leviticus 19:18

Psalm 3:2-6 2 Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.” 3 But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. 4 I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain. 5 I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. 6 I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2017, 09:57 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 2

James 1:5-6 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Psalm 18:6, ESV "In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears."

He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds. - Psalm 147:3

For You, O Lord, have made me glad by what You've done. (Psalm 92:4)
Old 02-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 3

Matthew 17:20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

"And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee." Psalms 9:10

Psalm 57:2, ESV "I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me."

Luke 7:16 (NIV) God has come to help his people.

Thought: Give Him your worst problem. There's nothing He can't do.

And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. - Deuteronomy 6:5

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: – Ecclesiastes 3:1

Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart. Psalm 119:2

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. —1 John 4:9

Proverbs 3:5-6 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:19 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 4

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another." Galatians 5:13

Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone. - Romans 12:18

Then Jesus said to his host, “When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.” – Luke 14:12-14

Today’s Scripture: I Corinthians 4: 1-2(NLT): So look at Apollos and me as mere servants of Christ who have been put in charge of explaining God’s mysteries. Now, a person who is put in charge as a manager must be faithful.

Today’s Thought: We must be faithful in every area of our lives whether it be working, at the grocery store, or at church. Your work ethic is a witness in itself.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I pray that You help me be a witness in every area of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. —1 John 4:10

Psalm 34:14 14 Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:52 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 5

"And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:" Exodus 33:22

John 21:17 The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep.

A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. Luke 6:45

Psalm 34:1, KJV "I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth."

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. - Proverbs 3:5

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. —1 John 4:11

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:52 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 6

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" Matthew 28:19

John 12:26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid. - John 14:27

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. – John 10:10

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. —1 John 4:12
Old 02-07-2017, 07:29 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 7

The Lord is the strength of his people. (Psalm 28:8)

Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. 2 Thessalonians 3:16

1 John 4:1, ESV "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work. – 1 Corinthians 12:4-6

Love is patient, love is kind. (1 Corinthians 13:4)

We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. —1 John 4:13

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. — Proverbs 3:3-4

Jeremiah 18:1-6
At the Potter’s House

This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.

Then the word of the Lord came to me. He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:14 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 8

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense -- Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2:1-2

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. Luke 6:27-28

Matthew 7:7, ESV "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."

Zephaniah 2:3 (NIV) Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, you who do what He commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility...

Thought: Praying for others makes a powerful statement.

And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. - Ezekiel 36:26

If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. —1 John 4:15

"Now then, my sons, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways. Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it." — Proverbs 8:32-33

Psalm 118:14-21
The Lord is my strength and my defense;
he has become my salvation.

Shouts of joy and victory
resound in the tents of the righteous:
“The Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!
The Lord’s right hand is lifted high;
the Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!”
I will not die but live,
and will proclaim what the Lord has done.
The Lord has chastened me severely,
but he has not given me over to death.
Open for me the gates of the righteous;
I will enter and give thanks to the Lord.
This is the gate of the Lord
through which the righteous may enter.
I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
you have become my salvation.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love. – 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:02 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 9

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love. – 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 (NIV)

"Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." Jeremiah 32:17

Ephesians 4:11-12 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up

Restore us, Lord God Almighty; make your face shine on us, that we may be saved. Psalm 80:19

Isaiah 38:17 (NIV) In Your love You kept me from the pit of destruction; You have put all my sins behind Your back.

Thought: "All" is exactly what God means. Your mistakes are forgiven AND forgotten.

For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. - Romans 10:10

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. —1 John 4:16

Mark 12:30-31 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.”
Old 02-10-2017, 07:45 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 10

"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Ephesians 6:10-11 10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents. Luke 15:10

Proverbs 19:20, AMP "Hear counsel, receive instruction, and accept correction, that you may be wise in the time to come."

Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. - Romans 12:9

Forgive, and you will be forgiven. (Luke 6:37)

John 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:09 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 11

2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

Matthew 7;12, NIV "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. – Psalm 27:14

Psalm 63:5-8 —
I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
I cling to you;
your right hand upholds me.

1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:48 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 12

"Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren." 1 John 3:16

Isaiah 54:10, NIV "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you."

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. - John 13:34

We love because he first loved us. —1 John 4:19

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

Ephesians 4:2 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:30 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 13

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." Genesis 1:3

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

1 Corinthians 13:4 (NIV) Love is patient, love is kind...

Thought: Who needs to see your love?

But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! - John 15:7

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. – 1 John 4:10

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. — Proverbs 16:3

"These things I command you, that ye love one another." John 15:17

Isaiah 54:10 Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:02 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 14

He made us, and we are His, His people -- and the flock of His pasture. (Psalm 100:3)

James 1:19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. Romans 13:8

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. - 1 Corinthians 13:7

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
Old 02-14-2017, 09:36 AM   #15
dwmoeller

Feb. 14

God Is Love

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1 John 4: 7-11

Dave

dwmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dwmoeller For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply