Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-01-2014, 07:12 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Encouraging Word - May

May 1

Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.' John 7:38

1 Corinthians 15:33 (NIV) Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."

Thought: Influences in life matter. Get out of the situations and circles where God puts a check in your spirit.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 28:20 (NLT): The trustworthy will get a rich reward. But the person who wants to get rich quick will only get into trouble.

Today’s Thought: There are plenty of “great rich schemes” out there today. Stay away from them. If it sounds too good to be true, it is! God will meet your needs.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I pray that You give me discernment as I go about my day. I thank You for meeting all my needs. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 2

And he also said, "It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega-the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life." Revelation 21:6

Judges 7:15 (CEV) As soon as Gideon heard about the dream and what it meant, he bowed down to praise God.

Thought: Good news deserves great praise. Every good and perfect gift comes from God.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 28:18 (NLT): The honest will be rescued from harm, but those who are crooked will be destroyed.

Today’s Thought: You’ve all heard the saying, “honesty is the best policy.” We should always live by this.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You would always help me to live an honest life so others might see You through me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 05-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 3

But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life. John 4:14

1 Chronicles 16:43 (NIV) ...David returned home to bless his family.

Thought: How will you bless yours this week?

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 28:27 (NLT): Whoever gives to the poor will lack nothing. But a curse will come upon those who close their eyes to poverty.

Today’s Thought: The Bible is clear that we need to help these less fortunate than us. When is the last time you fed someone who was truly in need of food?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for taking care of me. I ask that You help me be mindful of those who are less fortunate than me, help me be able to meet someone’s needs today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 05-04-2014, 10:46 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 4

And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. Ephesians 3:18

Acts 1:8 (NIV) ...you will be my witnesses...

Thought: Right before He went back to heaven, Jesus reminded us what we're to do until He returns again.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 29:1 (NLT): Whoever stubbornly refuses to accept criticism will suddenly be broken beyond repair.

Today’s Thought: Human nature wants to be right all the time. If one has that mentality, that person can never grow spiritually. It is very important to have meekness about you.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I pray that You help me become meek in everything I do. If there is any area(s) in my life that does not line up with Your will, I pray You show me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 05-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 5

With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation! Isaiah 12:3

Luke 23:42 (NIV) Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

Thought: Jesus hears our hearts through our prayers.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 05-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 6

For you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see. Psalm 36:9

Psalm 97:10a (NIV) Let those who love the Lord hate evil...

Thought: Christians have to make clear and decisive distinctions about right and wrong and how we live our lives.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 29:11 (NLT): A fool gives full vent to anger, but a wise person quietly holds it back.

Today’s Thought: It is even more important as Christians to hold our temper. People are watching us whether we realize it or not.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You would help me to be quick to listen and slow to speak. Let everything I say be Father-filtered. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 7

I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts. Isaiah 57:15

Psalm 97:10b (NIV) ...for He guards the lives of His faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

Thought: There's nothing like having God's hand on your life. It means everything.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 29:15 (NLT): To discipline and reprimand a child produces wisdom, but a mother is disgraced by an undisciplined child.

Today’s Thought: When parents discipline their children it is because the parents genuinely desire the best for the child. God cares for each one of us even greater than that. When the Holy Spirit convicts you of something, deal with it right away.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for loving me so much that You correct me when I’m wrong. I ask that I would be even more sensitive to the Holy Spirit. Please forgive me for not obeying You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 05-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 8

For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. Romans 10:10

Psalm 105:41 (NIV) He opened the rock, and water gushed out; like a river it flowed in the desert.

Thought: Lord Jesus, thank you for pouring out your life for me.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 29:25 (NLT): Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but to trust the Lord means safety.

Today’s Thought: We do not live to please people, instead we should live to please God. However, this is not the case most of the time. We should be more concerned with what God thinks.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to live to please You instead of others. Please forgive me for putting people’s opinion before Yours. I ask that You help me stop doing that. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 9

Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Romans 12:9

Romans 1:4 (NIV) He was declared with power to be the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead.

Thought: Jesus went through hell to save us from it.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 30:10 (NLT): Never slander a person to his employer. If you do, the person will curse you, and you will pay for it.

Today’s Thought: You can speak life or death to any situation. Your job is not excluded from this principle. Be careful what you say.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me guard my tongue & let life always come out of it. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 10

He called you to salvation when we told you the Good News; now you can share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
--2 Thessalonians 2:14, NLT

Daniel 12:10 (NIV) Many will be purified, made spotless and refined...

Thought: The harvest is waiting. Who will you reach?

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 1:1-2 (NLT): Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with scoffers. But they delight in doing everything the Lord wants; day and night they think about his law.

Today’s Thought: A great blessing is associated with wanting to please the Lord. Today, let’s try to pleas Him in each and every area of our lives!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that my life be pleasing to You each and every day. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 05-11-2014, 11:32 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 11

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. John 13:34

Psalm 12:5 (NLT) The Lord replies, "I have seen violence done to the helpless, and I have heard the groans of the poor. Now I will rise up to rescue them, as they have longed for me to do.”

Thought: God cares for the poor. Will you show them His kindness?

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 1:6 (NLT): For the Lord watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.

Today’s Thought: We are God’s children. Just as a parent watches over a child, God watches over us. Sometimes it may feel as if He does not care, but He does!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for watching over me. I ask that You lead and guide me today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 05-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 12

No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us. 1 John 4:12

Psalm 35:9 (NIRV) I will be full of joy because of what the Lord has done. I will be glad because He has saved me.

Thought: Joy is about knowing whose you are while being able to forgive yourself, too.

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 2:11 (NLT): Serve the Lord with reverent fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Today’s Thought: God is an awesome, incredible & loving God (just to name a few attributes). We need to always be in awe and respect Him. For He deserves all the praise!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for dying for me and making a way for me to spend eternity with You! In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 13

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7

Psalm 86:5 You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call on You.

Thought: Go ahead. Talk to God. About anything.

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 3:3-5 (NLT): But you, O Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts my head high. I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain. Interlude I lay down and slept. I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me.

Today’s Thought: Isn’t it comforting to know that God will never leave us or forsake us no matter what? Whatever you are going through today, remember, God knows all about it and He will take care of you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for promising to always take care of me! I put my trust in You & You alone. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 05-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 14

And may the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow, just as our love for you overflows. 1 Thessalonians 3:12

Proverbs 5:18 (NIV) May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.

Thought: Honor what God gives to you.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 1:10 (NLT): My child, if sinners entice you, turn your back on them!

Today’s Thought: We need to always be aware of sin in our lives. That is only the first step. Not only do we need to be aware of it, but we need to repent & turn away from it.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You forgive me of my sins. I also ask that You help me turn from it. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 05-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 15

Whoever pursues righteousness and unfailing love will find life, righteousness, and honor. Proverbs 21:21

Psalm 78:4 (NIV) ...We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power, and the wonders He has done.

Thought: "Their" faith needs "your" faithfulness.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 1:17 (NLT): When a bird sees a trap being set, it stays away.

Today’s Thought: The devil is always trying to set traps for people, especially Christians. We must be aware of these traps so we do not fall into them

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You would help me be mindful of traps set by the enemy so I can overcome them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Post New ThreadReply