Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-29-2014, 10:06 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 30

FROM MISERY to MERCY

“It is clear that we made our own misery. God didn't do it.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 133

“Praise the Lord! For He has heard my cry for mercy.” Psalm 28:6

For what it’s worth: My false conviction that God was responsible for my alcoholic agony not only kept me drunk for years, it was the most difficult obstacle I had to overcome in recovery. Accepting responsibility for my plight and developing courage to change were gigantic miracles in my life. Without them, I could have died a miserable drunk, probably in the gutters of Baltimore with the cockroaches crawling all over my stinking body. Instead, here I am enjoying sobriety and life. One thing is certain: it was not by the grace of Joe, it was the Grace of God. My Heavenly Father carried me from misery to mercy.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #32
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 31

A DAILY REPRIEVE
“…The A. A. way of life is a blessing and a privilege beyond estimate.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 451
“They will receive the Lord’s blessing and have right standing with God their savior.” Psalm 24:5
For what its worth: My slavery to alcohol allowed no blessings, only curses - no privileges, only punishment. I nearly died, beaten to death by the slave master, alcoholism. Instead, thanks to Alcoholics Anonymous and a Higher Power, the chains are broken for today, and I am free to live a sober and joyful life. Even more wondrous, I may be used to help free some other slave. So, today, instead of dying a worthless drunk, I am living a blessed life as a messenger of the Good Lord. And, all I have to do is maintain my spiritual condition - not only a gift from my Heavenly Father, but He helps me with it each day. So, this morning, with His help, I am off to a good start on my daily reprieve.
God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 03-07-2021, 10:53 AM   #33
willbe275

Thank you JO for you share on March 7th, we never met personally but I've been a part of this daily recovery readings for a long time and I remember reading your pass post. I think God that we share the same zeal and determination and ability to help other people no matter who they are. Love is the key, Jesus said a new commandment I give unto you love one another as I love you. God bless you.
willbe275 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to willbe275 For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply