Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 4/4

When there is nothing left but God, that is when you find out that God is all you need.

"The Spirit of God will not lead a man where the grace of God cannot keep him."

"Remember, no matter what happens, God is always there. He will never leave us nor forsake us." --Daniel James

"Love is the blanket God wraps around you." --Allyson (13 years old)

God, help me welcome all the new experiences in my life. Give me the courage to calmly walk my path today, knowing I'm knowing I'm right where I need to be. --Melody Beattie

At night, I often sit and gaze at all the heavenly stars and whisper softly, "Oh, Lord, how awesome you are." --SAK

Don't fear tomorrow...God is already there. --Barbara

T-H-I-N-K!
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. —Philippians 4:8
A recent survey revealed that America's teenagers are now spending an average of seven-and-a-half hours per day involved in multiple forms of electronic media, including, TV, video games, listening to music, surfing the Web, texting, and e-mailing.
Those things are not bad. But we can be so current on culture yet so out of touch with Scripture. So let's make sure that our minds and hearts are filled with the truths of God.
Romans 12:1 tells us to "give [our] bodies to God because of all he has done for [us]. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable." Giving our bodies to God also includes our tongues—our words and what we say to others. As James 3:5 points out, "The tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches. But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire."
I would suggest that you T-H-I-N-K before you speak. The next time you have one of those things you are about to say and are not sure if you really ought to say it, run through the T-H-I-N-K acronym: T—is it true? H—is it helpful? I—is it inspiring? N—is it necessary? K—is it kind?
Maybe you're thinking, If I lived by that principle, I wouldn't say anything. Ever. So be it. Present your tongue to God.
Not only that, we need to present our hands and feet to Him as well. Proverbs 6:17–19 says there are seven things that God detests: "haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that kill the innocent, a heart that plots evil, feet that race to do wrong, a false witness who pours out lies, a person who sows discord in a family."
So present your hands and your feet and your tongue to God. Harvest Ministries

The Parable of the Fern and the Bamboo Author Unknown
One day I decided to quit... I wanted to quit my job, my relationships, my spirituality.. I wanted to quit my life. I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.
"God", I said. "Can you give me one good reason not to quit?"
His answer surprised me.
"Look around", He said. "Do you see the fern and the bamboo?"
"Yes", I replied.
"When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them. I gave them light. I gave them water. The fern quickly grew from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the floor. Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo.
In the second year the fern grew more vibrant and plentiful. And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo.
In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed. But I would not quit. The same in year four.
Then in the fifth year, a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared to the fern, it was seemingly small and insignificant. But just six months later, the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall.
It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive. I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle.
Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots? I would not quit on the bamboo.. I will never quit on you."
"Don't compare yourself to others." He said. "The bamboo had a different purpose than the fern. Yet they both make the forest beautiful."
"Your time will come", God said to me. "You will rise high"
"How high should I rise?" I asked.
"How high will the bamboo rise?" He asked in return.
"As high as it can?" I questioned
"Yes." He said, "Give me glory by rising as high as you can."
I left the forest, realizing that God will never give up on me. And He will never give up on you.
"I will never leave you nor forsake you!" (Hebrews 13:5)

Holding on to the "B" by Sally I. Kennedy
The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. Deuteronomy 31:8
On a family vacation, our youngest grandson proudly wore his new western hat that was nearly half the size of him. He was so thrilled the day his dad took him over by the horses. He'd never been this close to a horse before.
I watched Tommy struggling to reach through the fence and stroke the horse's nose. He was holding his 'B' In his left hand, the blankie that went everywhere with him. Even on the airplane and out to see the horses. Only thing is he couldn't quite negotiate getting his hand through the fence hole, without dropping the 'B', and he wasn't about to do that.
I couldn't help but think of how many times there is something good out there, I want to move forward, take the next step. Yet I want to hold on to the security of the past. I just can't let go of something for fear of how I would be able to manage without it. Kind of reminds me of a story I heard once about a daddy and his young daughter who had a strand of pink plastic pearls.
God asks us to grow in our Christian walk. We don't have to do it alone, in fact we can't. 1 Peter 2-3 says, Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good. The 'meat', more of God, is a blessing,
Our 'B's' are wonderful for a season, then comes a time we no longer have to hold onto them. May we have the courage and grace to let go and trust our Heavenly Father to take care of us in the next step He has for us. He is already there anyway;
I had a friend that used to put it this way, "you can't go anywhere that God is not already there." That is good news.

The Power of the Voice by Norma Liles
As you and I both know, we use our voices for many reasons--be it for positive or negative results. I would prefer that we use voice in the positive as it has many attributes. It was given to many of us for various reasons. Our God saw our need to communicate with each other, but the main purpose is to praise Him through words of love.
Our voices can lead to dissension when words of an indelicate manner are spoken without a basis of wisdom. When we speak too hastily, without due thought, we can so easily err and so easily hurt others.
Even as toddlers, the first words we learn to vocalize are the ones that we hear spoken from others, and their speech can teach us the way of truth and love rather than the disrespectful path of destruction. If we recall, the voices of our parents were used to show love, but they were also used for discipline. Love and discipline go hand in hand, so we need to be careful of the language we use in the presence of children or in the presence of our God as He hears every utterance we make.
I love to use my voice with the melody of love that our Savior gave me; and even if you think you do not have an 'ear' for singing or music, Psalm 100 instructs us to 'make a joyful noise unto the Lord.' Notice that He did not require a certain quality of the sound emitting from us; rather it is the message and spiritual joy that we extend to our Lord God, our Savior. I am sure within my heart that God might even smile when He hears we, His creations, make a joyful noise to Him in honor, love and obedience.

THE FENCE Author Unknown
There was a little boy with a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, to hammer a nail in the back fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Then it gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.
Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out.
It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share a word of praise, and they always want to open their hearts to us.
But your best friend of all should be Jesus. Show your friends how much you care. Be like Jesus.

We Need Rest Author Unknown
"The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught. Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, 'Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.' So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place." (Mark 6:30-32)
Sounds like us, doesn't it? We live our lives and come together from time to time and "report all that we have done." We stay so busy sometimes we don't even have a chance to eat. Jesus would probably say the same thing to us that He said to His disciples: "Come with me to a quiet place and get some rest." We need rest. We seem to have made being tired a fine art. We know how to wear ourselves out. Without meaning to, we seem to be living life at such a pace that leaves very little time for physical rest, and almost no time for the soul rest that Jesus was encouraging. It appears to be one of the characteristics of our age and our culture. We almost celebrate and take pride in being tired.
We go on elaborate and expensive vacations hoping to find rest, only to come home wishing we had another week to recover from our vacation. We work hard day and night. We are sleep deprived, stressed-out, tensed-up, drained and thinking that we'll eventually get to a place in life where we can stop the madness and rest. But is seldom comes.
"Come with me to a quiet place and get some rest." With those words Jesus revealed that He knew his disciples then very well. Our tired faces, weary bodies, and worn-out spirits reveal that He knows us just as well. Psalm 62 speaks of finding rest. "Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. [5] Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. [6] Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. [7] My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. [8] Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." (Psalm 62:1, 5, 6-8)
In another place in the gospels Jesus reminds us that He knows we need rest. "At that time Jesus said, 'I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do. All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:24-30)
Three simple and important messages immerge from these passages.
First, real rest comes only from God.
Jesus said, "I will give you rest." The Psalmist said: "Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him." Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him." We may search for it in other things and in other places, but real rest, "real refreshment of the soul", comes from God.
Second, God is able to handle our load.
The Psalmist said, "Power belongs to you, God, and with you, Lord, is unfailing love"; Jesus said, "All things have been committed to me by my Father." Since He has all power our problems, our questions, our struggles, our hurts, our weariness is not too much for Him.
Third, He invites us to find rest for our souls.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Rest is waiting for us. He is inviting us to rest.
You look like you could use some rest. Or, am I looking in the mirror. He wants to give us rest for our weary souls. He is inviting you to lay your burdens down.
We need rest. Our rest is in Him.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Keep your eyes wide open, and do not fall asleep in this time of potential growth and spiritual development. Watch and be amazed at the signs that I will show you--things that are undeniably My work around you, says the Lord. And, when you don't understand the meaning of the sign, ask Me what it means, and I will give you the interpretation. You will be delighted with all that I will show you if you are aware and pay close attention. Acts 2:19a I will show wonders in heaven above and signs in the earth beneath.

I am calling you to a higher level of spiritual insight. But, in order for you to embark on this spiritual progression, you must first purify yourself so that your focus is not compromised by desiring things of the world. Your desire must be set on kingdom destiny, purpose, and benefits, says the Lord. Be single-minded! James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Go up! And, as you ascend, things will rapidly begin to change as the chains of the past are broken. Freedom will come when you defeat the powers of darkness that have established strongholds in your life. Then, old bondages will never be able to hold you again. This is a new day, a new time, and a new season in which you can experience great freedom, says the Lord. Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

I am leading the way so that you can follow Me on the perfect path that I have set before you. But, you must develop a surrendered heart so that you do not go your own way or from a vantage point of self-interest. You are Mine. You are not your own. I have purpose for your life that you have not yet realized. Let Me take you to your destiny, says the Lord. 1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

Pay attention, for I will reveal the things in you that need attention. This discovery can lead to a greater understanding of the internal work that must be done before you can move on with your life. The foundation has been laid for a deep cleansing in areas that have been hidden in darkness until now. Let faith mature and be strengthened by this process, says the Lord. 1 Peter 1:7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

You can now make great inroads that will help in accessing what has heretofore been beyond your reach. There are things that you needed to deal with before moving on. You are at the very cusp of beginning a new phase of existence. Enter it with clean hands and a pure heart, says the Lord. Psalm 24:3-5 Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
This day I have opened doors for you to be free. I have made a way for you to establish your freedom. Activate the authority that I have given you, by faith, and walk in the way of it. You will find that you are on a fast track to a new position of spiritual life, joy and peace. It is My purpose to always bring you into victory, says the Lord. Fight for it!

In Touch by Virjinja Santoro
Because I am in touch with God,
I am in touch, this way, with you.
A clear channel of communication...
open hearts, perfectly in tune.
Our link remains unbroken,
the wavelength is so strong...
transmitting and receiving,
impressions spirited along.
Never far from each other,
at least not in heart and mind...
The Lord is keeping us connected ~
in touch for endless time.

Hold On My Child byMary Carta Mizrany
My child, hold on, I shall not let you down;
Tho' winds of doubt
Are swirling all around.
Tho' tempest tossed
And laden with such care;
Hold on MY CHILD,
HELP will soon be there.
Be not dismayed
By troubles bitter stain,
I see your anguish and,
Yes, the searing pain.
Yet, I'm the Healer of
Storm tossed wounded hearts;
And I'll remain till,
Every tear departs.
Hold on MY CHILD
To my own nail scarred hand,
That heals each wound
And gives you strength to stand.
I'll never leave you,
Child, help is on the way,
Let not your trouble heart lose HOPE;
In Faith child, stay.
Look up, with patience,
Till every care is gone
I'LL MAKE A WAY, my precious child
HOLD ON

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. Psalm 23:1

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Matthew 5:8

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. Matthew 5:9-10

And let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds. Hebrew 10:24

Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice. Psalm 55:17

Clay Flowerpots by Sally I. Kennedy
As the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand. Jeremiah 18:6b
"Hmm, this flower should be growing like crazy, with all this rain lately", I mused. Sure enough, it had been raining and raining, so with plenty of summer sunshine to go with it, the plant should be doing great. But it was not. I had a nice clay pot with a nice green plant and no flowers. Sort of like a lovely fruit tree with lots of leaves and no fruit.
I thought, "Bet it needs more dirt in that pot; I probably didn't add enough topsoil". I picked it up, and noticed the bottom was a darker shade of terra cotta. Upon closer inspection, I could make out a thread-like line. The clay pot was not visibly leaking. However it was leaking enough to discolor the bottom of the pot. And apparently it was losing enough water through the crack, taking soil nutrients with it, to hinder the plant from blooming.
I feel like a cracked clay pot sometimes. As I thought of this, flowerpot in my hand, I thought of the story in Jeremiah where the Lord sent him down to the home of someone who made clay pots. (Jeremiah 18:1-6)
The not good news is, sometimes we get cracked, and sometimes we leak. The good news is God made us, and He can seal the cracks we have. He can, and will, fill us again- and we'll flower! More good news!
Today I plan to take an inventory to see if there's a leak, and come to You to repair and take care of it. Thank you, Lord for the infilling and healing through your wonderful Holy Spirit.

Father, God bless us in whatever it is that You know we may be needing this day! And may our lives be full of your peace, prosperity, and power as we seek to have a closer relationship with You. Amen

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 16
Asa’s Treaty with Syria
1 In the thirty-sixth year of the reign of Asa, Baasha king of Israel came up against Judah and built Ramah, that he might let none go out or come in to Asa king of Judah. 2 Then Asa brought silver and gold from the treasuries of the house of the Lord and of the king’s house, and sent to Ben-Hadad king of Syria, who dwelt in Damascus, saying, 3 “Let there be a treaty between you and me, as there was between my father and your father. See, I have sent you silver and gold; come, break your treaty with Baasha king of Israel, so that he will withdraw from me.” 4 So Ben-Hadad heeded King Asa, and sent the captains of his armies against the cities of Israel. They attacked Ijon, Dan, Abel Maim, and all the storage cities of Naphtali. 5 Now it happened, when Baasha heard it, that he stopped building Ramah and ceased his work. 6 Then King Asa took all Judah, and they carried away the stones and timber of Ramah, which Baasha had used for building; and with them he built Geba and Mizpah.
Hanani’s Message to Asa
7 And at that time Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah, and said to him: “Because you have relied on the king of Syria, and have not relied on the Lord your God, therefore the army of the king of Syria has escaped from your hand. 8 Were the Ethiopians and the Lubim not a huge army with very many chariots and horsemen? Yet, because you relied on the Lord, He delivered them into your hand. 9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars.” 10 Then Asa was angry with the seer, and put him in prison, for he was enraged at him because of this. And Asa oppressed some of the people at that time.
Illness and Death of Asa
11 Note that the acts of Asa, first and last, are indeed written in the book of the kings of Judah and Israel. 12 And in the thirty-ninth year of his reign, Asa became diseased in his feet, and his malady was severe; yet in his disease he did not seek the Lord, but the physicians. 13 So Asa rested with his fathers; he died in the forty-first year of his reign. 14 They buried him in his own tomb, which he had made for himself in the City of David; and they laid him in the bed which was filled with spices and various ingredients prepared in a mixture of ointments. They made a very great burning for him.

God, I thank you for the many blessings and gifts you have graced me with. I ask please that you may reveal to me how I may use these to be of service to you. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply