Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Triple-A Relationship Guide

Triple-A Relationship Guide

by Gail Rodgers

True spirituality is evidenced in our lives through our relationships. It’s one of the most nitty gritty places where we desperately need the Spirit of God on a daily basis.

Think of the three most important relationships in your life right now. Think of each one of the individuals in those relationships. Ask God to help you build into that relationship today in these three ways.

All relationships need the triple-A treatment. Be intentional in offering:

Appreciation

Watch for the things you can appreciate in a specific person today. Focus on the positives. Be willing to express appreciation where you can. So often we don’t take the time to notice the things someone else does for us. Watch for the things you may have started to take for granted and voice your appreciation sincerely.

Attention

Be willing to slow down long enough today to give some focused attention to someone in your top three relationships. Stop to really listen when they are talking to you. Make the effort to look into their eyes when you are speaking with them or listening to them. Book a time with them to go for coffee or do something you keep meaning to do together. Be intentional about your awareness and consideration of the other person.

Affection

Give affection to these most important people in your life. Don’t be stingy with hugs or pats. Speak with tenderness and kindness in your voice rather than the hurried irritation that creeps into “too busy” lives. Say “I love you” to those dearest to you often. Offer your spouse some focused time of physical attention. Touch is one of the greatest gifts we can give to those we love.

Jesus’ words in John 13:35 when he said, “By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another”, really begins at home.

Father God,

Thank You for the special people You have put into my life. I confess that I am often too busy to take the time to apply these three A’s to my relationships. Help me today to be deliberate in giving appreciation, attention and affection. May my life and my part in my relationships be characterized by Your love. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply