Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default What are you willing to risk in order to get your miracle?

Your Daily Inspiration

What are you willing to risk in order to get your miracle? Are you willing to tear down built up façades and peel away layers in order to get really real with God? Are you ready to stop smiling on the outside and truly face that you are dying on the inside? Are you willing to conquer mountains, swim through rivers and walk through fire in order to get what God has for you?

Today, as I often do, I began my day in prayer and reflection. As I read and heard the Word spoken to me, I felt these multi-layered questions rise up in my spirit. Needless to say, I was rendered speechless. Since I knew that the normal pat answers would not do, I had nothing to say when God asked these questions to me this morning.

Believe me when I say I love the Lord. I serve Him with all that is me. I digest His Word and I feast on His promises. But have I truly laid myself out bare before Him in total and complete brokenness, willing to sacrifice it all in order to be whole, I can’t say that I have.

So many times, we, as seasoned Christians, wear this mask to the world that says that everything is okay and that we have everything under control, but inside we are dying. We are just these jagged, broken messes holding onto gunk that we should have released to God years ago. Friends, if you are where I am right now I encourage you to take off that cute dress, push those heels to the side and wipe that make-up off your face and get real with Him because it is time.

This morning I thought it was a mere coincidence that I read the story of the paralyzed man who was lowered down through the roof in order to be where Jesus was, but it wasn’t. God was saying to me that even though I am not physically immobile, emotionally and spiritually I am, and until I am really ready to surrender my brokenness to Him I will never be made whole.

I have always cherished this story because I loved that this man was so tired of his condition that he recruited four of his equally faith-filled friends to help him get into the room with Jesus. They knew that if he just got where He was anything was possible and so they were willing to do whatever they had to in order to make that happen no matter the cost, no matter the sacrifice.

It was not easy or comfortable for this man or his friends to get him to Jesus. Once he was let down through the roof, his brokenness was exposed. He could no longer hide behind his mask. He was fully vulnerable, but it was at this place where Jesus could heal him because his true self was laid bare.

Beloved, are you to the place where you are so tired of the façades that you are willing to sacrifice and expose the broken pieces of your life openly and honestly before God? I hope that you are like me, ready to surrender it all…all the pains, scars, bruises and brokenness, to God because we will never be the same once we do. And I don’t know about you, but I know that I am ready and willing to come down through the roof and rip off my mask in order to lay my brokenness at His feet. Whatever the cost, I am ready to be made whole.

-Nina Fortson

“The man jumped up, took the stretcher, and pushed his way through the stunned onlookers! Then how they praised God. “We’ve never seen anything like this before!” they all exclaimed.” Mark 2:12 (TLB)

Father, how I crave being in Your presence broken and unashamed. I know that the way that I came into Your presence will not be the way I go out. I will never be the same. I thank You for that. In Jesus’ Name, I pray, Amen

Sisters In Christ
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply