Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
Larrylive

Default recoveredcrackhead@yahoo

yep, that's my e-mail, I thought it might be easy for addicts to remember, I may have been wrong. Or they may just like doing drugs and don't care about others suffering. I do.

I started smoking weed and drinking at 12, I've done a few other drugs, no pills (well, not a lot) and no H. I'm more of a hippy/deadhead, if you know what I mean. I generally tell people I don't drink, which is my way of saying it's not a problem. (not here to argue) Don't know when the last time I had a drink was and I don't know when the next one will be. Maybe never, maybe tomorrow, I don't know. The important part is at the age of 32 I started smoking crack, and I regret it. For fifteen years I spent every dime I made on crack. I lost loved ones, friends, many jobs and a whole lot of stuff.

It took 10years, 3 rehabs and the death of my Mother (GBHS).while I was in jail for the first time at the age of 47 to finally break me. i may not have hit bottom, but I had fallen far enough. I surrendered, I came to believe and I worked very, very hard to turn my life around.

Now i would like to help anyone with the desire to re-join society in a productive, positive manner. I am working towards a degree in Chemical dependancy counseling and a degree in Recreation & Leisure. I must admit I don't want to work in a rehab, as I am not a "touchy feely" kinda guy. and unless "meeting the person where their at" means my foot in their a$$, I probably wouldn't last long. I am not good at sugar coating and generally lact tact. I'm a straight shooter and call'em as i see 'em. I believe most people in rehab have no intention on staying clean and most likely are avoiding jail or prison.
But if you really, really want to change and are ready for alot of hard work I would be glad to help. If I sound too intense, but you really, really want to qiut, I suggest you find God, it doesn't get any better than that.

Be well,
Larry
Larrylive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Larrylive For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply