Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > New Member Check In
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

New Member Check In Make sure to stop by here and say hello!

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #226
talkswithands

Default Hello

Hi, my name is Bridget. I am new to the page and not sure how to ueit.
talkswithands is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to talkswithands For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2014, 03:41 AM   #227
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome ., so glad you signed in to say hello. Not good on sharing technical issues, so will have to connect with bluidkiti or yukonm.

Click on a heading, and it will show all the posts under that heading. You can use the quick reply at the bottom of the post, or press reply to any post, new or old. Press New Thread if you want to introduce a new topic.

Hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #228
amberolie6520

Default hello

My name is Amber, I am an alcoholic from Louisville Ky currently residing in Ashland Ky. My sobriety date is January 4, 2012. Thanks for all the recovery readings!
amberolie6520 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amberolie6520 For Sharing:
Old 04-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #229
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome Amber. Thank you for signing in and saying hello. Hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:02 PM   #230
Havana

Icon18

Hi I'm Hannah grateful recovering addict. I'm 7 months sober thanks for all the recovery material. I love it hope everyone enjoys a happy and sober day.
Havana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Havana For Sharing:
Old 04-22-2014, 04:18 AM   #231
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you Havana, hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

Congratulations on your 7 months. Many more, one day at a time. Just for today, I choose not to use.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #232
ScaryCarrrie

Hi all,

Carrie B here. Alcoholic, with a lot of other icks too. Sober since 2/2/08. I have a home group, sponsor women, and have a sponsor. I do service work and particularly enjoy doing BB studies. In the past I have led them at a women's county jail and in rehabs. I never thought I'd be doing this. In fact, back in the mohawk/leather/pierced everything/go to H*** days, I would have hated the me I am today. I hated anything that looked healthy back then. I was scared of everything, and hated anything I was afraid of.
Today I'm still scared of a lot of things, but I know we have something to help with that, and I try to remember to turn to it often. You'd think that with 6+ years I'd be a lot less afraid, but it seems to really be ODAT for me. Sometimes slowly. I'm looking forward to digging in here.
Thanks.
ScaryCarrrie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ScaryCarrrie For Sharing:
Old 04-25-2014, 03:02 PM   #233
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thanks you for sharing. There wasn't very much of me that I liked and it took a long time to look at myself. I learned to love myself, but didn't like myself.

I too got involved in service, and it helped my self-esteem. I told the girls in jail and detox, the only difference between me and them was 1) I internalized my anger instead of acting it out. 2) I never got caught, true words spoken by my ex-husband.

I didn't need steel bars to enclose me, I was a prisoner of my own mind. My self-erected barriers, took a long time to come down. Had problems finding the key!

Congratulations on your 6 years of recovery, many more, one day at a time.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:32 AM   #234
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome Ricky, so glad you sign in to say hello. Please keep coming, don't look at forever, this is a one day at a time program. This is a one day at a time program, if you fall, pick yourself up and try again.

I went to meetings, meetings, and more meetings. First things first, was my recovery. I got a home group and a sponsor. Without me, I had nothing. It is a process, not a quick fix, so please keep coming back.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 05-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #235
LittleWing7

Hi Ricky, sorry that your dad died...I relapsed after my mom died, not knowing how the disease of alchoholism worked, I thought I'd be able to stop when I wanted to. I became a ten times worse drinker within a matter of months and did something horrid in a blackout that cost me my freedome for a while. In withdrawals there I almost died, I had had DTs once before but nothing like this! I'd never been three days out with nothing.I begged for my life, my very soul. For the first time I wanted to live, I wanted to be able to share this with other Alchoholics and addicts to maybe help them prevent from doing something as horrid as I had done. I never in my wildest dreams thought I could do something so horrid-I asked for. "Recovery" . Miracles followed. I got out and a friend put the money up for me to go off to a place that held meetings five times a day. I was there five weeks, I was so grateful! It had gotten to the point where drinkin didn't "work", so even before that horrid thing I wanted to stop but had to keep going to keep from being sick/ through the people and the meetings and the reading and the steps I got free! The single most important thing in my life is what happened then, and that years later the program, meetings, friends, and my Higher Power keep me HAPPY AND FREE one day at a time. I thank you for being here and for loving yourself. I am thankful that you posted here! You are in my thoughts, I will keep you in my prayers. Hope you have a good day today.
LittleWing7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LittleWing7 For Sharing:
Old 05-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #236
kwAL72

Hello, my name is Al and I am an alcoholic. I'm four years clean and sober and I discovered this forum a few weeks ago while away on vacation and away from my homegroup. I just wanted to say hello and thank those in charge for providing this wonderful service. I hope to get to know a few of you on here.
kwAL72 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kwAL72 For Sharing:
Old 05-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #237
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome Al, so glad you stopped to say hello. Congratulations on your four years.

Hope you continue to come and share your journey with us.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 05-07-2014, 06:01 AM   #238
arkyboetie

Smile

HI! I'm Brian, 5 months sober "again" the daily readings are a great start to another sober day. THANKS!
arkyboetie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arkyboetie For Sharing:
Old 05-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #239
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome Brian, do hope you will continue to come so you don't have to come back.

If you have any questions, a topic to be discussed, or an experience to share, please feel to make a new post or respond to one already on the site.

We do this one day at a time. There is no "again," it is about today. All we lose is our dry date.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:46 PM   #240
LittleWing7

Hi Brian, glad that you are sober! You are in my thoughts and prayers- hope it lasts forever for you!
LittleWing7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LittleWing7 For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply