Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default A Reason Isn’t a Right

A Reason Isn’t a Right
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory.”
(Isaiah 61:3, NLT)
TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

It’s easy to have a good attitude and pursue our dreams as long as everything is going our way. That doesn’t take a lot of faith. But what about the difficult times — when a relationship doesn’t work out, or you get a bad health report, or a friend does you wrong? It’s easy to lose your passion when you’re hurt. Too many people are sitting on the sidelines of life because they’re injured. Now they’re nursing their wounds, not moving forward because of what they’ve been through.

You may have a reason to feel sorry for yourself, but you don’t have a right. God promised He will give you beauty for those ashes. He said He would pay you back double for the wrongs, but you have to do your part. If you’re going to see the beauty, you have to shake off the ashes of self-pity. You’ve got to shake off the discouragement and get back in the game. Every person has injuries. We all have wounds, but you can’t let a loss, a health issue, a divorce or a hurt be an excuse to sit on the sidelines. Today, get back in the game. Know that your best days are ahead. Know that He is working things together for your good, and He has victory in store for your future!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, thank You for giving me strength to shake off the past and move forward. Today I rise up in You. I choose to forgive. I choose to set my eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my faith in Jesus’ name! Amen.
– Joel & Victoria Osteen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply