Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-31-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon19 Daily Prayers - January

January 1

Prayer for the New Year

Dear Master for this coming year
Just one request I bring:
I do not pray for happiness,
Or any earthly thing —
I do not ask to understand
The way Thou leadest me,
But this I ask: Teach me to do
The thing that pleaseth Thee.

I want to know Thy guiding voice,
To walk with Thee each day.
Dear Master make me swift to hear
And ready to obey.
And thus the year I now begin
A happy year will be —
If I am seeking just to do
The thing that pleaseth Thee.
Amen.

For Each of Us in Our Work

Almighty God, heavenly Father, who makes it possible for me to work and who gives every creature its food, declaring your glory and showing your handiwork in the heavens and in the earth; Deliver me, I pray, in my work, from coveting material goods, from falling into the temptation of serving mammon and putting money in the forefront of my life. Help me to perform the work which you have put at my hand, in truth, in beauty, and in righteousness, with singleness of heart as your servant, and to the benefit of my fellow men as well as myself; for the sake of your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, who lived and died only to serve us. Amen.

Lord, pour your love into my heart, that I may love you above all things, and my neighbors as myself. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, I cried out to You, and You answered me. You delivered me from darkness and translated me into the Kingdom of Light; the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Were it not for You my world would be falling apart, but You were there before any of it came into existence and You are holding it all together right up to this moment. You *“untied things that were knotted together and tied up things that were still dangling loose.” Jesus, You were supreme in the beginning and You are supreme in the end. From beginning to end You tower far above everything, everyone. You continue to fix all the broken and dislocated pieces of my life and are fitting them together in vibrant harmonies, all because of Your death, Your blood that poured down from the Cross. I have seen Jesus and by faith I look at You and see the God who planned for me before the foundation of the world. Thank you for opening my eyes to your original purpose in everything created. Amen

Dear Lord, as I seek Your direction for my life at the beginning of this New Year, do I hear You asking, "What did you do with last year's directions?" ... Oh Lord, help me to humbly take stock of my life and find areas that need to be more consecrated to You. Help me to sincerely want to go deeper into Your Word, to pray for others, and to serve in my own "personal mission field." ... Fill me with Your Holy Spirit that I may have the strength and power to change, so that I may reflect You each day of my life.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, lead me in the search for life. Teach me what is important and what is unimportant; what is false, and what is true. Remove the hindrances that keep me from the worthiest deeds, and grant that I may have the peace that comes with surrender of self to thy will. Amen.

Lord Jesus, at this time we can look back to the old year, and forward to the new. We give thanks for the blessings of the past year, and we place into your hands the mistakes we have made. As you are “the Light of the world”, take away the darkness in our lives. As you are “the Way”, lead us in the year ahead. As you are “the gate of the sheepfold”, protect us from danger. We entrust the past to your mercy, Lord, the present to your love, and the future to your providence. Amen.

“A Prayer For The New Year”

Father, You have crowned our year with Your goodness that flourishes within our hearts, nurtures our relationships, and provides for all our needs. As we embark upon another year we want to be quick to encourage, eager to reach others, and faithful to pray for our brothers and sisters; those whom we connect with regularly and those who live on the other side of the globe. Above all, keep us growing in Your grace and knowledge in this new year as we walk hand in hand with You. In doing so You will guide us through any dangers, toils and snares, for nothing can separate us from Your love that has been revealed to us through Your beloved Son, Jesus Christ. It is in His name that we pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 2

Prayer for the Guidance During the Day

Oh my God, you know my weakness and failings, and that without your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others'. Grant me, therefore, the help of your grace, according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the tasks you will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and let me set my hand to these tasks with the vigor and joy of one with whom you abide. And if I should face trials, suffering or failure, I pray that your hand will lift me up, and I may be refreshed. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

And now let me go forth praising you, O Lord, with all my heart, telling of all your wonders, with my words and in my actions. I will be glad and rejoice in you this day. I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Amen.

Lord Jesus, light of the world, open our eyes to notice the magnificence of creation. Open our eyes that we may always value and appreciate all who are part of our lives. Open our eyes that we may be quick to notice when people are going through difficulties. Open our eyes so that we may share your vision and “really see”. Amen.

With this in mind, then, I kneel in prayer to the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth takes its name, that out of the treasures of his glory he may grant you strength and power through his Spirit in your inner being, that through faith Christ may dwell in your hearts in love. Ephesians 3:14–17a, NEB

Lord our God, we have gathered in your sight. We thank you that through your words you have given something of your very self to help us be your disciples, your children, who stand firm in faith and trust throughout our lives, whatever our lot may be. Help us in these times, and when days grow difficult and full of grief, hold your people securely in your hand. Help us to be firmly rooted in faith, however dark it is on earth. You can give us strength and courage; we can do nothing in our human strength. But the power of your Spirit can renew us, make us alert, and fill us with lasting joy. For we are your people, your children, and when held in your hand, we can rejoice in spite of all grief. Amen.

Dear Father, I come to You with a humble heart today, realizing that I need You in my life to help and guide me in all my ways. On my own, I cannot accomplish all the responsibilities that seem to be mine. Please show me my priorities and help me to lay down those things that are not really mine to do. Help me to trust You to take care of the things that I cannot change, and help me to work on those things that are my responsibility to change. I desire to walk in fairness with others. Help me to treat them today as I desire to be treated; realizing that I shall reap what I sow. If I sow seeds of kindness and equity, so shall I reap the same in return. Let me be more Christ-like today through the power of Your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 3

Prayer of Determination for the Coming Year

Oh heavenly Father, who has created me, and preserved my life, and promised the joy of eternal life to all who come to Him through his only Son, Jesus Christ: I vow and determine to grow in my faith during the coming year, learning your holy Word, coming to you in prayer every day, and resolving to walk in all those good works which you have commanded us to walk in.

Bless me in my endeavors, dear God; if it may please you, send your Holy Spirit always to remind and correct me when I stray from your path; and renew in me, today and every day, a sense of prayer without ceasing. Let me honor you with my time, my love, my bounty, my words and deeds, as I lay up my treasure in heaven. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Now all glory to you, mighty God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Thank You for another New Year of New Beginnings. Holy Spirit, I ask you to give me a wise mind and a spirit attuned to God’s will, so I might acquire a thorough understanding of the ways in which He works. In the name of Jesus I yield my emotions to Your control, and bring every thought into obedience to the Word of God. I replace negative thoughts with the Word of God, and delight myself in the Living Word knowing that You mean what You say, and what You say goes. Thank You for this powerful Word that is sharp as a surgeon’s scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying me open to listen and obey. I can’t get away from Your Word—no matter what. Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path and Your Word never changes!! Amen

Dear Lord, remind me of the paradoxes of the Bible. I am a sinner and yet I am a child of Yours, an adopted son or daughter. Help me to see that in order to "love my neighbor as myself," I must have a proper sense of self-worth, of who I am in Your sight when I have accepted You as my Lord and Savior. Only then can I love others, wanting for them all that I want for myself in Your love, and in my life.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

“A Prayer For Strength To Obey”

Father, in certain situations I am fearful when I am called upon to take a stand for righteousness. When You compel me like you did Esther to do or say something that’s not within my comfort zone I become fearful of the outcome which prevents me from stepping out in faith and following through with an obedient heart. Would You remind me that there is great blessing when I follow Your leading. In my heart take me back to Biblical models of those who stood without compromise and remained faithful no matter the consequence. Help me not to fear the outcome, for that is in Your hands. Thank You for entrusting me to be a part of your grand purpose. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

The Lord has made proclamation to the ends of the earth: "Say to Daughter Zion, 'See, your Savior comes! See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him. Isaiah 62:11,NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that we may go to meet you with open hearts, with jubilant faith, and with this joyful shout, "God's salvation is coming! Through Jesus Christ day is dawning on earth for all nations." Stay with us and help us. Send us your Spirit to strengthen us, especially in times of trouble. Let all nations come before you. Let us tell all peoples, "Be comforted. The salvation of our God, who is also your God, is coming. In this salvation we will rejoice together forevermore to the glory of our God." Amen.

Dear Father, in Jesus' name I thank you for every bit of understanding I have received from Your Word, the Holy Bible. I realize that it is by Your Holy Spirit that I am given the grace to understand this magnificent Book. Thank You for the message of love that comes through its pages and penetrates my heart; a message that brings comfort and love and also a message of correction when I need it. Lord, may I always yield to those "course corrections" and line up with Your Word. I know that when I do I become wiser for it and I am blessed. Amen.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:27 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 4

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, let me live this day as the gift it is, for You have truly blessed me to live it. And if I may suffer, I will carry with me the certainty that one day I will see You face to face, a day when all things will become clear and my pain will be made whole through the grace of Christ, my God. Blessed be you, oh Lord my God, and blessed be the day you have given me. Amen.

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, let me live this day as the gift it is, for You have truly blessed me to live it. And if I may suffer, I will carry with me the certainty that one day I will see You face to face, a day when all things will become clear and my pain will be made whole through the grace of Christ, my God. Blessed be you, oh Lord my God, and blessed be the day you have given me. Amen.

Dear Lord Jesus, let me serve others because I love You. Help me not to wait until I feel an affinity for another before I offer kindness, aid or concern. If I truly love You, I will want to serve others in Your behalf. ... Help me to reflect Your love, so that others will desire to know You too.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord God, help me to see my mistakes, and bring me to the realization of my life. Grant that I may no longer use the time that thou gavest me to learn in, heedlessly, but to give it my best thought and care. Amen.

Lord, there is so much that I don’t know, and I ask you to inspire me with a thirst for knowledge. I pray, too, for wisdom and understanding that I may use my knowledge well. I give thanks for many people I have never met whose knowledge and understanding have been passed on to me. I ask that I may benefit from their work and experience and may contribute, in turn, to the well-being of others. Amen.

He said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor." But I said, "I have labored in vain; I have spent my strength for nothing at all. Yet what is due me is in the LORD's hand, and my reward is with my God. Isaiah 49:3–4, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you for the help you have given us over and over again so that we can stand before you, rejoicing in the certainty of faith. We thank you for guiding and leading our lives and for letting us see a goal ahead, a goal to be revealed to all men. Be with us in times of silence when we seem to be alone. Keep us strong and steadfast through temptation and through all the turmoil of life. Help us to remain unshaken, for you walk with us holding us by the hand, and you can lift us above all that does not endure. Amen.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 5

God, Let me go forth in thanks for the victory I have been given through our Lord Jesus Christ. May I be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, and always remembering that in the Lord our labor is not in vain. Amen.

Father-God, you are the Living Word. This morning I am overthrowing with a pleasing theme…my tongue is like the pen of a ready writer. My heart is spilling beauty and goodness, shaping the rushing river into words. God, you are real; you are the God who heard my cry, and drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog. You set my feet upon a rock, and made my steps secure. Thank you for putting a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to you, my God. O LORD my God, you multiplied your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward me, and none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told.

Lord, I give thanks for the “gold” in my life: for the people who are precious to me, for the happy memories I treasure, and for all that has been good over the years. May all that has been “gold” for me, remind me always to appreciate all who are part of my life. Inspire me, Lord, to live in such a way that I help to bring out the best in others. Amen.

The people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned. Matthew 4:16, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, be close to us as we seek you in the quiet of our hearts. Grant us the strength of your Spirit, the strength to wait patiently for your help in our lives. Help us to hold to all that is good. Help us to feel, each one of us, that we are your children and that we may rejoice in your fatherly care. May your will be done more and more fully in us and around us. May your will be done so that we may be given ever greater freeing and your light can dawn where there is still darkness. Amen.

Father we begin today with thanksgiving in our heart for a new day. Again as we begin this new year, may we do so by laying a new foundation. You have called us to walk in honor before you. You have called us to set aside our hearts desire and seek yours. You have called us to be light in a world of darkness, yet we continue in serving self. Will you forgive us today, and teach us how to be like You? May we listen to your Holy Spirit within us today and turn from our sinning into a new beginning in You. Amen.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:01 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 6

Prayer for the Day

Holy God, you have given me another day. Bring your Holy Spirit into my mind and my life, so that I may walk this day in your presence. Let me feel your presence throughout the day, remembering always that you sent your Spirit that you might be a living force in all I see and all I do. When I feel temptation or begin to stray, show me your path. Correct me, comfort me, let me live your will; that I may be happy in this life and blessed in the life to come. This I pray in the name of Christ, my Lord. Amen.

Oh God, hold me in the palm of your hand. I pray that you will mold me into what you want me to be. May I joyfully fill the role you have given to me and feel your peace deep in my soul, today and always, Amen.

Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus, with a heart of thanksgiving. You have turned my darkness into Light. You have become my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? Thank you for sending me your light and your faithful care. They will lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. In the moment, the twinkling of an eye, you gave me peace that passes understanding, and joy that is unspeakable and full of glory. I no longer dwell on the past. You are doing a new thing! Today I am a new creation in Christ Jesus, my Lord. Old things have passed away and behold all things have become new to the glory of the Father. I offer this in the strong Name of Jesus.

Lord Jesus, you call me to live every aspect of my life in your presence, and so I come before you as I am. With the myrrh that the wise men carried I bring, too, the pain and sorrow and suffering that I have experienced. I lay them before you because they are all part of who I am. I ask that good may come from whatever negative things happen to me, knowing that nothing can ever separate me from your love. Amen.

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying, "Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we have seen his star in the East, and have come to worship him." Matthew 2:1–2, RSV

Lord our God, we thank you that you have come to this earth. Let a light shine out again and again among those who hear your gospel, also among those with sincere hearts, whether or not they are Christians. May they come to know your light and receive salvation in Jesus Christ. May your light shine for us and may you appear to us ever more clearly. Remember all who call to you. Remember your people. May your people gather and become a light in your name, serving you wherever they go. Amen.

“A Prayer For The Wise”

Father in heaven, we ask You to help us apply Your teachings to our lives so that our foundation will be unshakable and storm-proof when the howling winds and surging rains beat against us. The foundation of this world is temporal and growing more and more decadent, so we choose instead to build our lives on the eternal foundation of Your everlasting Holy Word, as You teach us all throughout Scripture. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:11 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 7

Oh holy Christ, teach me to recognize your face in the people you put into my life today.
Amen.

Lord God, give me the desire to be persistent in service, while I have health and strength. May I experience the sweetness that comes in doing the thing that I ought to have done, as well as that in which I took the most pleasure. Help me to so live that my days may be useful, and be recalled with bright and happy recollections. Amen.

Lord, as I offer you all that is ordinary and everyday in my life, I ask you to give me the power of your Spirit that I may transform each day by living with a positive attitude, looking for the best in people and situations. Inspire me to live in your presence every day so that I may share your outlook and do the ordinary things of life in an extraordinary way. Amen

“A Prayer For Spiritual Remembrance”

Father, the commandments that You give are to be impressed upon our hearts. When our acts of obedience come from the heart love motivates us to heed Your Word and align our desires with Your own. As we love You with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our strength we will never forget our miraculous deliverance. For You delivered us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of Your beloved Son in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. May we ever be mindful and walk in humility as we realize Your great work in our lives! Amen.

Selected portions of verses implemented into our daily prayer:
Deuteronomy 6:6, Colossians 1:13,14

Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the LORD rises upon you and his glory appears over you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn. Isaiah 60:1–3, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, accept us as your children, whose lives are under your protection and who turn to you for strength. In the midst of all the struggles and temptations in this world keep us certain of your love and goodness. Grant that we may help your name to be honored on earth and your salvation to spread over all the world. May we help that the hope you have given us brings light and strength for our own lives and for all whom you love in Jesus Christ. Amen.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 8

Prayer for God to Abide with Us

Dear Lord, as I come before you this morning, my spirit is filled with thanks that you have given me a life and filled it with meaning. Knowing that you have a purpose for me is such a gift as I cannot express; even when the world or my own thoughts fill me with feelings of worthlessness, I can turn to you and know, fully certain, that you are in charge and have filled my existence with meaning and purpose I cannot fully understand.

Lord Christ, you promised that if we love you and obey your teaching, you and the Father will make your home with us; I declare my love for you; and there is nothing I want more than to have you live with me, present in my life. Help me to to follow your teaching in every way; for you have given us grace, that by your death and resurrection, we may be perfect before you. Accept my love and be with me, today and always, I pray; not by my merit, but by your grace, oh Christ, oh one true God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

Strength of my Heart

Strength of my heart, I need not fail,
Not mine to fear but to obey,
With such a Leader, who could quail?
Thou art as Thou wert yesterday.
Strength of my heart, I rest in Thee,
Fulfil Thy purposes through me.
Amen.

by Amy Carmichael (1907)

Let me not forget my prayers as I go out into the world. Holy Spirit, be with me, and let me praise you and remember you in my every action and thought, for the entire day long. In Christ's name I ask this, Amen.

Father, we believe in our hearts that You raised Jesus from the dead, and we confess Jesus is Lord over our spirits, souls and bodies. Father-God, You planted us like strong and graceful oaks for Your own glory, and anointed us to rebuild the ancient ruins… reviving them though they have lain there many generations. We thank You for forgiving all our iniquities and healing all our diseases. We decree that our families and future generations shall come to the knowledge of the Truth and be saved. We offer this prayer in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Scripture Meditation: Romans 10:9-10; Psalm 103

Lord God, may all of your creation - from the vastness of mighty planets and stars to the lowliness of the smallest living creature I can see - remind me to live in wonder and appreciation of all that is around me. Amen

“A Prayer To Him Who Sustains All Things”

Father, You sustain all things by Your powerful Word and through Your sovereign control. The natural order of Your creation is the means by which we live day after day, year after year. Just as there are variables in the seasons there are variables in our lives as we walk this pilgrimage on earth. There are bright, clear days in which we feel on top of the world, and there are dark, cold days when we feel our world has come to a halt. But we are encouraged as we look to Your powerful Word that reminds us You are our loving God who sustains us in the variables of our daily circumstances. Because of that we can trust You even in the extremes of life. We thank You in the powerful name of Jesus who is Your exact representation on earth. Amen.

Father, may I have the strength to resist temptation and always walk in Your ways. Lord, Your ways are not grievous, but given to me to help and bless me. May I realize this, when You correct me and not rebel against Your restraints. Give me grace to overcome those things that are not pleasing in Your sight and yield to Your Holy Spirit. I know there is no temptation that I face that You have not made a way for me to escape it and overcome it. You are all powerful and I acknowledge my need for Your help in my time of trial. Thank you, for Your promise of protection and freedom from fear. I am glad You are a caring Father that loves me. I ask these things in the name of Jesus, Amen.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 9

Prayer for the Morning

Dear Lord, please give me the patience to make it through this busy day with all the hustle, demands and distractions of modern life. Let me find the quiet time to hear your voice and feel your calming presence. I ask this in your son's name. Amen.

Meditation

[Let us close our eyes for a minute, and think about what it means to hear God's voice in prayer.]

Now to him who by his power within us is able to do far more than we ever dare to ask or imagine — to him be glory in the Church through Jesus Christ for ever and ever, Amen.

Gracious Father, if I am sorrowing over disappointment and am forgetful, grant that I may see the things thou hast made, for which I should be thankful. Help me to so live that I may have a right to claim a cheerful heart. Amen.

Lord, give us each day the wisdom to recognize which things are important, and which things are not. Show us how best to use the time and talents you have given us. Help us to use all opportunities wisely that we may give in service to others the good gifts we have received from you. Amen.

“A Prayer Of Thanks For The Eternal Kingdom”

Father, in a world filled with broken promises resulting in broken lives, how comforted we are to know that You keep every promise You make. You heal the broken-hearted and bind up their wounds. You call us to Yourself, poor and needy, bruised and broken by the fall, and You stand ready to save us. We must doubt no more but fully trust You on the merit of the blood given for us through the death of Your Son, Jesus. We confess our brokenness and celebrate Your wholeness as we serve You and transfer our citizenship to Your kingdom that is eternal.

(Portion of prayer inspired by “Come, Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy”

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:57-58, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that we are allowed to live in your love. We thank you for your promise that all the suffering on earth shall come to an end. Hear us when we turn to you with all we have on our hearts. We are weak, but you are strong. May we hope and trust in your strength. May our life, with all its practical concerns, remain in your hands until the day when you will act in might and the whole world will know the forgiveness of sins and will praise and thank you evermore. Amen.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 10

“A Little Prayer”

Let us be grateful, God, for health serene,
The hope to do a kindly deed each day;
The faith of fellowship, a conscience clean,
The will to worship and the gift to pray;
For all of worth in us, of You a part,
Let us be grateful, God, with humble heart.
Amen.

by Robert William Service (1930)

Prayer to Cast Aside Bad Habits

Mighty Holy Spirit, face of the one true God, help me, for I have slipped into bad habits. Something in me defies my attempts to change, and I feel compelled to do that which I do not want to do. I feel weak and ashamed, and I turn to you for help. Help me, dear God. Help me to resist this temptation. Lend me your mighty power to cast it aside.

You have graciously promised that you would not let us be tempted beyond our ability, but instead, would provide an escape for any temptation we pray to resist. Holy Spirit, show me my escape from my bad habit. Let me resolve to work on it, to pray on it, to turn it into a habit of good; for I know how you love righteous conduct, and my love for you longs to please you. Work your power to help me please you, mighty God; for I know that with your help, I can overcome any evil. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Blessing

The Lord bless us and keep us. The Lord make his face to shine upon us, and be gracious unto us. The Lord lift up his countenance upon us, and give us peace, this day and evermore. Amen.

Our most gracious heavenly Father, You are my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust! You deliver me from the snare of the trapper and from deadly pestilence. ... You have promised that Your faithfulness will be my shield, and You are indeed trustworthy. ... Remind me that I do not have to be afraid. For even though trying times come, You will see me through them. ... You have said that if I do indeed make You my God, even the Most High my dwelling place, that no real evil can defeat me! You have said that if I truly love You, that I may call upon Your name, and that You will answer! ... Oh Lord, in the New Year ahead, help me to give You honor and praise daily, and to be the means by which others may come to know You. And help me to be as faithful to You in my commitments as Your have promised to be to me.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

(c) 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

“A Prayer For Listening To God”

Father, we want to be still and listen to Your still small voice, whether You’re speaking directly to our spirit or speaking to us through Your holy Word. At times You speak to us through song, through nature, through other believers and through the unfolding of major and minor events in our lives. As You speak to us, we want to be careful and listen to Your voice so that we do not harden our hearts. Instead we want You to fulfill in us all Your purposes for our growth and for Your glory. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the LORD's hand double for all her sins. Isaiah 40:1-2, NIV

Lord our God, how great is your love, and how great is your help! May each one of us feel sheltered in your hand, knowing that our faults and shortcomings no longer matter. We can go straight toward the goal you have set, for you will help us through the forgiveness of sins and through all the good you can put into our hearts. And so we ask you to be with us. May we be faithful, believing firmly in your great mercy, so that your name may be glorified among us. May each heart be given the comfort of knowing that everything will yet turn to the good, to the glory of your name. Amen.

Dear Father, I am grateful that You have left us the Bible with all of its wisdom and knowledge so that we do not get lost in this life or overwhelmed by the problems that we face. I do thank you that for every problem we face, You will help me find the answer and overcome in the situation. Help me not only be able to overcome my problems, but also Lord, help me to maintain the proper heart attitude as I work on the situations in my life that need changing. I know that I must react to my problems with Your love and in a way that is pleasing to You. Give me the grace to do that, as in my own strength I am not able to approach many of my problems with a godly attitude. In Jesus name, Amen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 01-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #11
BW1
Super Moderator

posted on another board..For me it is a great reminder of the vital need to reach up and out for others

Lord, it’s Thursday.

Help me to think of others today.

Is there someone I can help?

Is there someone I can phone?

Is there someone I can write to?

It’s so easy to think of my own needs,

When the needs of other people may be greater than mine.

Lord, you gave yourself in service to others.

Help me to be more like you.

This is my prayer for today.

Amen
BW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BW1 For Sharing:
Old 01-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 11

Prayer for the Day Ahead (from an old Prayer Book)

Almighty God, my heavenly Father, who declares your glory and shows forth your creation in the heavens and in the earth; Deliver me, I pray, in whatever work my hand may find today, from the service of mammon; and assist me, that I may do the work which you have given me to do, in truth, in beauty, and in righteousness, with singleness of heart as your servant, and to the benefit of my fellow men; for the sake of him who came among us, humbling himself to serve all who came to him and received him, your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer of Abandonment

Father, I abandon myself into your hands; do with me what you will. Whatever you may do, I thank you: I am ready for all, I accept all. Let only your will be done in me, and in all Your creatures — I wish no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul; I offer it to you with all the love of my heart, for I love you Lord, and so need to give myself, to surrender myself into your hands, without reserve, and with boundless confidence, For you are my Father. Amen.

Irish Blessing
Wisdom of years be yours
Joy of friendships be yours
Wealth of memories be yours
Fruit of endeavor be yours
Hope of heaven be yours
Peace of God be yours.

Father, today is a new beginning and this day belongs to you! Today I will celebrate and be glad wherever I may be. In the name of Jesus I submit to your will so that my plans and purposes may be conducted in a manner that will bring honor to you. Thank you for keeping me spiritually and mentally alert in this time of mediation and prayer. You can do anything, Father – far more than I could ever imagine or guess or request in my wildest dreams by Your Spirit within me. Glory to You forever! Amen

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1, RSV

Our dear Father, we ask you to come to us from heaven and surround us with your goodness and mercy, with your light and life. We are weak, poor, and lost just when we need to stand firm and hold on. But you are faithful. You stay by us and help us. Continue to help and sustain us, we pray. Do not let our lives be lived in vain. May something of eternity be with us in all we have to face in life, so that over and over again we may find courage to start anew. Amen.

Show Me the Course

Basil of Caesarea (c. 329-379)
Steer the ship of my life, good Lord, to your quiet harbour, where I can be safe from the storms of sin and conflict. Show me the course I should take. Renew in me the gift of discernment, so that I can always see the right direction in which I should go. And give me the strength and the courage to choose the right course, even when the sea is rough and the waves are high, knowing that through enduring hardship and danger in your name we shall find comfort and peace.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:05 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 12

Prayer for Sunday Worship

O God, you make me glad with the weekly remembrance of the glorious resurrection of your Son my Lord: Give me the peace to worship you with my whole heart and mind, forgetting the cares of the world, and dwelling with you for a short moment with my entire being. And give me this day such blessing through my worship of you, that the week to come may be spent in living knowledge of your peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer to Inspire Others

Lord, I ask you to inspire me to encourage others by what I say and do today and throughout the coming week. God and Father of all people, never let me look down on others or make anyone feel inferior.

Lord, show me how to live this week with genuine concern for others. In expressing my care, may I show people that they are valued, loved and appreciated for who they are. Amen.

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Father, teach me to walk by faith and not by sight. Thank you for giving me the faith to believe that you exist and that you are a rewarder of those who seek you. Father, you said, “Seek my face.” My heart says, “Your face, LORD, do I seek.” Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies who speak contrary to your word, which is Truth. Walking in the light I have true fellowship with you and with others. The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses me from all sin. I pray in the powerful name of Jesus. Amen

Dear Lord Jesus, how do You love me? Let me count the ways -- enough to bless me, to always be with me, to heal my wounds, to strengthen me, to give Your life for me! ... How do I love You? Enough to praise You in all things, to be obedient, to serve You? Enough to commit my life to You? ... Oh Lord, help me to love You enough to never count the cost. ... You didn't.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Gracious Father, cause me to be critical of my life, that I may not be deceived in myself. Help me to look into my soul and see what thou dost find there; and with humility may I acknowledge what I am to thee, and seek thy wisdom and love. Amen.

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, you let us see and feel your great goodness toward us. Grant us the inner help to be victorious in the Savior, rejoicing to be by his side with faith and loyalty, and with the strength of soul that frees us from all burdens by laying them in your hands. Hear us as together we pray to you. All we ask and long for, all our concerns down to the very smallest, we lay in your hands in the one great request that your name be glorified on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #14
BW1
Super Moderator

I will do more than belong. I will participate.
I will do more than care. I will help.
I will do more than believe. I will practice.
I will do more than be fair. I will be kind.
I will do more than forgive. I will love.
I will do more than earn. I will enrich.
I will do more than teach. I will serve.
I will do more than live. I will grow.
I will do more than be friendly. I will be a friend.

[From the Anglican Digest...]
BW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BW1 For Sharing:
Old 01-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 13

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I give you a million thanks that I have woken up alive this morning, once again to witness the magnificence, the glory of your creation. Even on the dreariest of days, when the weather doesn't suit me, let me rejoice in the taste of heaven you give us on earth. For the hottest, muggiest day; the coldest and most bitter weather; the clouds, the rain, the wind and snow, the lightning and thunder — these are all your creations, oh Lord, and all of them have a great beauty if I just take the time to see it.

Should I be blind, what would I give to see the cloudy rainy day that I complain about? Should I be deaf, how much I would long to hear your thunder! When I lie dying, how sweet it will seem to have been bundled up against a chill wind, or to be soaked in sweat as I work in the heat and humidity.

Let me be always filled with gratitude for the world you have given me, great God, Father and creator of all that is. Amen.

Meditation

[Let us close our eyes for a minute and remember how we take for granted the good world we live in.]

To Know God's Word

Heavenly Lord, I pray to be able to read the Bible and learn your truth. Give me the spirit of understanding and wisdom, for you know how difficult it can be sometimes. Let me understand and absorb the words in your Bible, dear God, and let me see beyond the words on the page and know your true and full Word, Jesus Christ. Let me not be impatient; let my vision not be distorted by my bias, or my preconceptions, or my foolishness, or the foolishness of the world around me. Give me the courage to change my mind, when that is necessary. Let me know you as you intend for me to know you, I pray, O God; let me find my way to you, for I crave to know you and be with you, now and for all of my life, Amen.

Eternal God, heavenly Father, you have graciously accepted me as a living member of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, and you have blessed me with the grace of forgiveness through the sacrifice He made for me and for all people. Send me now into the world in peace, and grant me strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, in the name of Jesus, I come boldly before the Throne of Grace to receive mercy and find grace to help in my time of need. I use the spiritual tools you have given me to pull down every imagination that exalts itself above your word, which is Truth. I ask you to forgive me for my grumbling and complaining; please forgive me for the evil thoughts of my heart. Dread has been my companion, and I hate having to work. LORD, I would rather be at home to take care of my child/children. I ask you to expose the origin of my hurt and bring restoration to soul. I am being transformed by the renewing of my mind. Today I make the choice to be thankful and excited about the thoughts and plans you have for me…I receive and declare that I am living in peace and thank you for giving me hope in the final outcome of this day in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Heavenly Father, I want to try my wings! I want to fly free! Help me to see that only by committing my life to You can I really be free - free from worry, free from wanting to sin, free from yielding to temptation. Only with Your help, Lord, will I ever be truly free - free to trust everything to You, free to serve, free to become all that You want me to be, free to be joyful! ... I want to try my wings, I want to fly free. ... Help me, Lord.

In Jesus' holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord our God, may the playing and the watching of sport remind me of the qualities I need for living: developing skills and talents, appreciating the different skills that others have, learning to co-operate with others, being positive, having respect for others, being determined and committed, having a clear goal at which to aim. Inspire me to work hard at developing these qualities in daily life so that each of us - working together - may help to build up your Kingdom. Amen.

Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14, RSV

Dear Father in heaven, give us childlike hearts so that we may understand everything in the right way. Grant us work that bears fruit in spite of our faults and weaknesses, because we want to work with the understanding given by love. Father in heaven, you know that we are faced day and night with many difficulties and setbacks. But you see us, and you will help us so that your name may be honored, your kingdom may come, and your will may be done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Father, I come to You in Jesus' name, desiring Your wisdom and knowledge. I want to walk in such a way that I can be kind to those who speak against me, truly seeking their good. I know that without the Holy Spirit I cannot do this; so please fill me with Your Spirit today. Let me be kind; change my heart from being argumentative and defensive. Help me to speak the truth in love, remembering that You will defend me. When I see the faults of others, help me to examine my own heart and motives. Please deliver us from those things that are not pleasing to You. I choose to be a peacemaker, not a troublemaker. I trust You to change whatever is in me and in those around me, which would cause us to engage in unkind speaking. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

“A Prayer For Enriching Words”

Father, we find those who speak into our lives words of encouragement and blessing further motivate us to stay on course and dispense the same kind of message to others. Whether in conversation by way of counsel, comfort, affirmation or on occasion, admonition. Harsh, cutting words abound and cut us like a knife, but when people give us a message in love and grace, it appears as an apple of gold – the best there is to offer. It ministers to the responsive heart and thereby edifies and builds us up in the body of Christ. May our words build and not destroy, bring joy and not pain, help rather than hurt, in keeping with Scripture that it might benefit others. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
Post New ThreadReply