Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2016, 07:27 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 18

Wisdom for Today
Sometimes you hear the same things over and over again at meetings. I often have wondered if I was learning anything new after awhile. Then, on the 963rd time I hear something, it clicks. It finally makes sense; it becomes something I can use. These are the moments of spiritual awakening. God seems to work much like this as well. He reveals to me over and over again, my defects of character. He shows me myself and helps me see how I turn my life over to dishonesty, ego, fear, expectations, rage, loneliness, and many other powers. I can let these powers take over my life and corrupt my will.
This is why we turn our will and our life over to His care. Left to our own devices, even clean and sober we can mess it all up. When our defects have been revealed to us enough times and they become painful enough, we ask God to remove them from our lives. We do not need to chase after the answers, God will bring them to us. In the Bible it says, "Be still, and know that I am God." It doesn't say run around like crazy and you will know God. Defects of character are resistant to change. Yet, if we are still, God will bring us the answers. Do I recognize when God brings me an answer?
Meditations for the Heart
Laughter is good medicine. One of the greatest blessings in recovery is the return of genuine laughter. Being able to laugh at ourselves and the insanity of our disease can bring healing to a troubled heart. When I slow down long enough to really think about some of the crazy things I did or that happened to me, I can't help but laugh about them now. At the time, some of these things were very painful or even stupid. Yet, as I have moved along in my recovery process, I have found that I can now laugh about these same events. One of the promises in the AA Big Book is that "we will not regret the past..." It is much nicer to get to a point when we can laugh at ourselves. Has laughter returned to my life?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Today is a day that I know you again will teach me if I only open my mind and listen to your directions. Help me to do just that and to seek you out in all I do. Create in me a new perspective on life and help me to again laugh. Let me celebrate this day and all that is in it.
` Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply