Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
Larrylive

Well atleast God loves me. I know this because my eldest, my indicator of how I am doing, invited me to her home. They bought it about a year ago and this was the first time I had been there. It's nice, in a qiuet suburb with good schools. She has a wonderful view from her living room of a small field and a patch of woods. My grand-daughter is talking, alot, but she is a bit shy around me. I will endevour to change that.
Now I must get my self-invited to my youngest' home. Which would just be icing on the cake being that she invited me to her wedding.

In the recovery life..... I have officially withdrawn from school, but hope to return in the spring. My home group has gone through some changes/growth. We are actively trying to "recruit" the new-comers into service work. It's a sad state of affairs. We ARE a new-comers meeting, as we draw from 2 half-way houses. It's a mixed blessing that one of them is for females. Although their attendence encourages the males to attend also, we have had some problems with inappropriate activity in other parts of the church.
So hopefully service work will keep them from wandering .
I am also actively engaged with two other groups/agencies. The first is Lifequest a sober activities meeting place. It is primarialy attended by musicians, as it affords them a place to jam. We also have a social room with ping-pong, Wi/playstation (IDK, I'm old)
and foos-ball. The second group is still in the formation stage, O.C.Lifeworks. Loosely based on recovery coaching, we shall try to help people in the areas of life rehabs don't take the time to address.
I am going to need to find some income and I am hoping to get involved with one of the 3/4 houses, perhaps just as an over-night monitor. That would allow me to do homework while the clients are sleeping
Now I need to get a schedule, I have not been working out or eating well. And I am truely off my Din.
More prayer, less talk I suppose.

Be Well
Larry
Larrylive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larrylive For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply