Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Daily Walk Part 3 - A Safe Place to Live

by Gail Rodgers
The boxes were piled high and the Twin Otter aircraft was at the dock waiting to be loaded. We were moving south from our isolated northern location. As a bush-pilot’s wife, moving was familiar to me.

I had grown used to making our home in unconventional places… an un-modern cabin, a mobile home where the pillows froze to the wall and even in the top of a hangar.
And here I was, being asked to move again…to another unconventional place. This time the invitation came in God’s Word. It stood out to me as I read it…
“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:1 & 2
Oh, I already knew God and visited with Him regularly but I sensed this was different. I thought about what it might mean to take up residence in God’s shelter. Not just to have little visits there now and then, but to actually live there daily. To make His presence my dwelling place and to completely trust Him with my life.
Living there gives me the privilege of resting in His shadow every day. There I have a refuge. God is the fort around my heart and I can rest trusting in Him. Yes, this is where I want to live! You are invited to live here too. Don’t live another day out in the cold of worry and fear.
Ask Him to manage your mind and guard your heart today. As His child you have an open invitation to live here… every day.
Ask the Almighty God to take the concerns of your heart and bring peace to your soul and daily guidance to your steps. When fear or uncertainty threatens to overtake your heart, remind yourself where you live. Ask God to help you rest your worried mind. Ask Him to be the fortress around your heart, giving you peace in place of anxiousness. Ask Him to help you simply trust Him to hold you steady. It’s the safest place to live! Your Refuge!
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Thank you that I can know You in a personal way. Forgive me for the times when I keep You at a distance and worry my way through my day. Thank you for Your offer of a dwelling place. A safe place to bring my heart. Today I want to feel Your presence with me. I ask You to shelter my heart and bring rest to my mind. Give me wisdom and guidance in the things that I can change in my life. Help me to trust You to keep me sheltered and calm in the things I have no control over. Help me to rest here today.
You are my Almighty God and I trust you with my life.
In Jesus strong name, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply