Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2014, 12:11 PM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Daily Walk Part 8 - Trust Issues

by Gail Rodgers
She was six and eager to read to her brother. The 23rd Psalm was written on a card and as she read, I smiled…

“The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, He roasteth my soul…”
The simple error of reading “roasteth” instead of “restoreth” caught my attention. “That’s actually the way we view God at times”, I thought. Life can heat up with problems and frustrations. Sometimes we begin to see God as one who is roasting our soul, rather than the loving God who seeks to restore our soul.
The day to day challenges can weary us and cause our trust in our loving God to falter. We can begin to loose sight of Him as a God who always has our best interests at heart. When we begin to look just at our circumstances, our God begins to look small. When we look to our God as our source of strength, our circumstances tend to fall into perspective.
The difference, between seeing our God as trustworthy and ready to restore or seeing Him as unconcerned and uncaring, is in our eye sight. It is in the way the eyes of our heart see.
God knows our tendency to look at things through the wrong lens. He encourages us in His Word. Listen…
“I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may
  • know the hope to which He has called you
  • know the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and
  • know His incomparably great power for us who believe!”
Ephesians 1:18&19
Ask God today to open the eyes of your heart so you may see Him in new ways. He promises to be your hope, your supply and your power. If your trust in God has begun to falter, ask Him today to change your eyesight. Ask Him to help you see Him as He is, a loving God who always has your best interests at heart…a God who can be trusted to restore whatever is lost or broken or hurting in your soul.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Forgive me for the times I have not seen You as trustworthy with my life. I thank you that you have my best interest at heart. Today I ask that you will open the eyes of my heart so I will see the hope You offer me, the supply of Your inheritance for me and the power You promise me. I trust You with my life and my circumstances. Restore my soul today and refresh me in the knowledge of your trustworthiness.
In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply