Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

The Daily Walk Part 14 - Two Kinds of Unforgiveness

by Gail Rodgers
Dorothy had been deeply wounded. The pain was engrained in her soul and she was reminded of it almost daily. She wished she could forgive, she even tried to but somehow she just didn’t know how to get there.

Sheri, on the other hand, dug in her heels in and bristled at the thought of forgiveness. She felt no one could understand the deep pain that had wounded her heart and she believed she could never forgive.Quite simply, she did not even want to.
If you struggle with a deep offense in your heart, do a quick check and see what kind of unforgiveness you are harboring. It can be toxic to your soul.
The first kind is found in the heart of one who has had a very real offense committed again her. She would forgive if she could but the deep pain keeps her from getting there.
Imagine your heart as a home. The home looks tidy from all obvious appearances but in one room unforgiveness is stuffed away. At times the whole house is permeated with the offensiveness.
If this is you and you don’t want this but don’t know how to get rid of it, simply tell God you want to give Him the “key” to that room in your “heart home”. As you submit this area to God you are acknowledging your trust in Him. You are agreeing to have Him clean it up and to go with you into that room in God’s time and holding His hand.
It is a willingness to begin the journey of forgiveness with God’s help. He will do an amazing job of house cleaning that will make your heart rejoice.
On the other hand is the unwilling heart. Although it is humanly understandable that one might rebel against forgiveness the result is simply not worth it. Your whole life can become affected as the toxins of anger and mistrust permeate through your “heart home”.
Refusing to forgive is like holding rebellion in your heart. God speaks about such things in His Word;
“Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft and stubborness as the sin of idolatry.” 1 Samuel 15:23
As Christians we would never consider getting involved in witchcraft, yet the rebellion of a heart in unforgiveness can open the same kinds of doors in our lives. Willful unforgiveness, with no openness to begin the journey of forgiveness, can allow the enemy of your soul to stake a claim. Give God the key today. He can be trusted with the journey to bring your heart to wholeness.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Thank you that You understand my pain and my inability to forgive. I need your help. Today I submit to You the key to that room in my heart that holds unforgiveness. I declare my trust in You today to hold my hand and help me journey to forgiveness and wholeness. Thank you for Your unconditional love to me.
In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply