Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Internet Addiction

COMPULSIVE INTERNET ADDICTION

Treatment of Internet addiction is similar to counselling for other addictive behaviours. The best results are often obtained using a mixture of education, insight oriented and behavioural techniques which are aimed at reducing a clearly defined set of behaviours.

If you need help curbing your time spent on the Internet, we can help!

http://www.12steptreatmentcentres.co...DICTION_27.asp

Some of the things I have posted may be duplicates as I have shared them over the years with others and answer to their questions and inquiries. There is no ryhmn or reason, just portions of my experience, strength, and hope.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

There are over 100 12 Step groups in existence and that figure was told to me 10 years ago.

I noticed a difference from the time I first came on the internet. I ate, slept, and dreamed internet. It took over all my thoughts. I lived for them. I don't have the same way of thinking, even about my own sites. If I had any kind of obsession it was about making it here to *** because I felt it was important to my recovery and my day. If I didn't get here, there was something missing. It went from an obsession to a place I felt was home.

When I first built my sites it was an unknown and I didn't know how to copy and paste. It was about learning and I have gone through different phases. I see a friend of mine totally involved with Pogo Games. For a long time, I was playing bridge on line because 'bridge' was my obsession and I haven't played on line for three years.

It got to a stage at one time if the phone rang and interrupted me, I got angry. I was back to the old way of thinking and acting when I was using. I said a prayer and asked, "God you and I have to do something about this, I don't want to go back to that old way of thinking."

It is nice that I can walk away today. I don't have to post on my sites and I don't have to make something happen when there is nothing there. When I got my computer, it was my whole life, I spent hours on it. Today I do other things and there is a choice today. I can walk away from it. Sometimes like today it isn't easy because I have a build up of e-mails. When that happens, I can hit the delete button and not have to open up every one. Before, I was afraid of missing something.

Today I have learned to have respect for the computer, for myself, and others. A friend told me very early on, if it is good enough to forward, it is good enough to format. Deleting other people's addresses and information is important. I try to spell check and the nice things about my new sites, I can go back in and edit any typos and errors. If I respect others, they in turn can learn to respect me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

As you probably all know by now, I can be dangerous when I start thinking or something comes to mind, that I have problems letting it go. This time a thought developed into a vision.

I found reference to a site I had a long time ago and had to delete because of errors made when I didn't know what I was doing. I really liked the name and it has been stuck in my head.

Had the thought of how neglected the sites are because of life and health issues. Yet the material is there, some of it I now share on other sites, and they are still true today as they were when posted.

So many times I have to turn my thinking over when it comes to the computer, my sites, and the commitments that I have to others. My day is not complete without some spiritual food.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply