Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2023, 03:34 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - November 17

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

When We Start Our Day Thanking God
When we start our day thanking God, we have set the tone for the entire day. We will never have another morning exactly like today, and this day is made up of moments that will never occur again. This sunrise will never look exactly as it looks today. The sun on our front lawn will never show the exact same colors. Learning to be thankful in small things will enable us to be thankful when the big challenges of life come to us. --Carole Lewis

Two landlubbers were at sea for the first time. Looking out over the ocean, one said, "That's the most water I have ever seen."
The other replied, "Yes, and that's just the top of it."
When we gaze at the vastness of God’s great love and mercy, we may be in awe as was the first guy above. But let us remember that we could never completely understand everything about Him or His love. What we experience, what we see, “is just the top of it.” --Rocky Henriques

No End Of Good Things
God made [man] with eyes to behold the beauty of nature, ears to hear its lovely sounds, nostrils to enjoy its pleasant aromas, taste buds to relish its infinite variety of eatable delights, a sense of touch to help communicate love to someone precious to him, and a mind to comprehend the meaning of it all, to name just a few evidences of God's goodness. He affords us no end of good things: the warmth of sunlight, the joy of loving family and friends, the satisfaction of productive labor, the exhilaration of physical exercise and recreation, the refreshment of a good night's sleep, provision for our daily needs, and so many others that enrich our lives. These blessings turn our minds to Him in adoration and gratitude. --Richard L. Strauss

"Count your blessings, name them one by one. And it will surprise you what the Lord has done."

God's giving deserves our thanksgiving. Thanking the Lord in adversity changes burdens into blessings.

Like a babe born to a family, or bud on a stem, God brought me forth into His family. Thank You, Lord, for choosing me, for drawing me irresistibly, to be Your child. --Paul E. Murrell

No matter where we work, we can serve God and others with joy.

Jesus is a friend who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.

"Happiness is the realization of God in the heart. Happiness is the result of praise and thanksgiving, of faith, of acceptance; a quiet tranquil realization of the love of God."

"Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving." --W. T. Purkiser

"He who thanks but with the lips Thanks but in part; The full, the true Thanksgiving Comes from the heart."

"When thou has truly thanked the Lord for every blessing sent, But little time will then remain for murmur or lament." --Hannah Moore

A Tisket - A Tasket God Has Filled My Blessing Basket Julia Bettencourt
"By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name." Hebrews 13:15
Giving praise to the Lord is one of the best ways to express our thanks to God for His blessings and yet how many of us do it on a regular basis? Yes, we normally go through our routines of thanking God for our food before we eat, sometimes we even thank Him for the clothes we wear and praise Him for the sunshine. Around the Thanksgiving holiday we may even list out our blessings and reflect on what God has done, but to do we really "offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually" as our theme verse, Hebrews 13:15, states?
Continual doesn't just mean once a year or even once a day for that matter. It implies that it is repeated without interruption. David said in Psalm 34:1, "...His praise shall continually be in my mouth." He also said, "At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments." (Psalm 119:62)
When's the last time we found ourselves up at midnight thanking the Lord? Later on in that same psalm David says, "Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments." Do we stop seven times a day to praise God? Do we even stop once or twice to praise Him?
Now that we know that we need to praise God continually, how do we do it? If you think that all praising God involves is sitting in a small group in a quiet place, whispering quiet praise songs--think again! Praising God is an active thing.
The Bible says the following about praise. "shout for joy" (Ps. 32:11) "O clap your hands" (Ps. 47:1) "sing" (Ps. 47:6) "make a loud noise" (Ps. 98:4) "lift up your hands" (Ps. 134:2) "with the sound of trumpet" (Ps. 150:3) "upon the loud cymbals" (150:5) "make a joyful noise" (Ps. 98:4) "rejoice" (Ps. 98:4) "with harp" (Ps. 33:2) We are not to keep praising God to ourselves. We are to "...make known his deeds among the people." (Psalm 105:1) In other words if you receive a blessing--tell someone about it.
If we are going to develop a lifestyle of praise to God continually we need to put things in perspective. Realize who God is and we who are not. "Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us and not we ourselves; we are his people and the sheep of his pasture." (Psalm 100:3,4) We need to recognize that all of the things we find in our blessing basket come from above.
1. P Praise God because He is POWERFUL. - "Now these are thy servants and thy people, whom thou hast redeemed by thy great power, and by thy strong hand." Nehemiah 1:10
"Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: he will not afflict." Job 27:23
2. R Praise God because of His RIGHTEOUSNESS. - "Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast." Psalm 36:6
"...for the LORD our God is righteous in all his works which he doeth..." Daniel 9:14
3. A Praise God because he is ABLE. - "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us." Ephesians 3:20
"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8
4. I Praise God because He is INFINITE. - "'O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen." Romans 11:33-36
5. S Praise God because of His STRENGTH. - "God is my strength and power: And he maketh my way perfect." 2 Samuel 22:33
"The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved." Psalm 93:1
6. E Praise God because He is EVERLASTING. - "Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding." Isaiah 40:28
"...and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6
P-R-A-I-S-E!
So, are you praising God?

Improving Your Family Get-Togethers
Family clashes come out more strongly during the holidays than at other times. Here's how to make the most of the season.
As a psychologist who helps people deal with their more difficult relatives, I've found that at holiday time these stresses and personality clashes with certain family members come out more strongly than at other times of the year. To make sure your family gatherings are more harmonious this year than in the past, there are specific--and spiritual--things you can do.
1. Say a silent prayer or meditate silently right at the moment when your family is acting up. The prayer can be, "Please God (or Spirit), give me strength to be patient with the difficult members of my family and open me up to the possibility that I will have a few sacred moments of connection with those family I love and whom I don't get to see often enough." Or, humorously, it can be, "Thank you God (or Spirit) that I don't have to see these people 24/7."
2. Choose to bless your most troubled or difficult family member rather than cursing this person. In most spiritual traditions there are blessings you can say to regain your peace of mind and your ability to speak respectfully to even the most unpleasant individuals. For example, if you silently say to yourself, "May God bless and keep this person," it gives you an extra 10 seconds of impulse control so that you can negotiate calmly with this difficult individual rather than erupting in anger or insults. Instead of provoking a war with this person, you can silently bless him or her and then say respectfully out loud, "Let's work together to figure out how to improve the way we interact at these holiday gatherings. You go first, and I'll listen to your ideas. Then I'll go second, and I hope you'll listen to my ideas, too."
3. Look for the wounded soul that is often hidden deeply under this person's toxic comments and personality traits. You may need to do some informal research ahead of the next visit to find out from aunts, uncles, cousins, or others when and how this difficult family member changed from being a kind soul into an angry or self-absorbed individual. That doesn't mean you need to whitewash or minimize the hurtful things he or she does, but rather it will give you the compassion and perspective to realize this person's woundedness is old and deep, having nothing to do with you.
4. Experience gratitude for each small grain of progress. Rather than hoping your difficult relative will become perfect or stress-free, you can seek to notice each small moment of connection or decency that occurs between you. If last year you could only stand this person for 5 minutes and this year you successfully enjoyed 10 quality minutes with this troubled individual, that is a huge improvement.
5. Recognize the growth that this person stirs up in you. In the 23rd Psalm, there is a mysterious statement that "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Some spiritual teachers suggest that just as an oyster needs sand to irritate, polish and create a fine pearl, so does life give us difficult relatives who force us to grow and learn more about patience, compassion, kindness, limit-setting, strength, and the release of expectations. If it weren't for your difficult relatives, would you have ever been forced to work so hard at becoming the kind of person you are today? If it weren't for the unpleasant ways you were treated by certain members of your family, would you have known to be so careful so as not to mistreat your spouse, your kids, your friends, or your co-workers? Rather than dreading your encounters with your toughest or most insensitive relatives, you can view each current and future interaction as another chance to be tested and see how far you have come on your personal journey. You don't need to be perfect, but you can remind yourself to stay open to what each stressful situation with your family is trying to teach you.
6. When you're feeling trapped, call a "lifeline." You can regain your sense of humor and your inner strength by phoning a supportive friend and saying, "Could you please remind me if I'm a worthwhile human being...I'm with my relatives right now and I've completely forgotten." Just that one sentence of ironic humor can snap you out of the feelings of victimization and aloneness that could cause you to shut down, overeat, or drink too much at family gatherings. --Leonard Felder, Ph.D.

A Thankful Child!
It's Thanksgiving time again, and time to thank the best Father of all for His love to us. Forget the grocery list for next week, and let's list our blessings from the ONE who really fills our life with good things!
I'm accepted!
Thank You, Father, for accepting me--just the way I am. Some days I'm not very nice; some days I'm rather impatient, unkind, ungrateful--and just plain selfish. And yet You love me--You constantly show me in so many ways that it's ok to be me. Now You don't tolerate my sin - I know that - but You help me grow--You make me BETTER. And all the while, You let me know deep within my heart that I am "accepted in the beloved." Thank You, Heavenly Father!
I'm approved!
Thank You, Father, for approving me--for whatever service I do for You. You've given me gifts and talents; I've given them back to You. You use them--and You overwhelm me with Your divine blessings. You let me know, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." Lord, I need that, especially on the days when I feel unappreciated, overworked, or just plain "weary in well doing." I need that approval when I make mistakes and when I fail. You never scowl nor scorn me--You love me. Your smile of approval is warm and welcoming, however I feel and whatever I do--when I've done it for You. Thank You, Heavenly Father!
I'm amazed!
Thank You, Father, for overwhelming me with Your wondrous joy, Your unfailing love, Your amazing grace! You shower me with goodness and glory--You love me in such a unique, individual way--and what is so amazing is that You love everyone else in the whole world the same way! Your plans for my life are beyond my comprehension--I look back in wonder, I stand in awe, I look forward with a secure heart--for You plan nothing but the best for my life. Sometimes it's pain, and I grow. Sometimes it's pleasure, and I delight! But it's always the best. YOU'RE the best, Lord, and I love You. Thank You, Heavenly Father!
Our Almighty, all-wise, all-loving Father knows that a child needs acceptance and approval. Sometimes earthly fathers fail, and kids never receive the important qualities of security they need in early childhood. They spend a lifetime looking for them--in all the wrong places. If that's you, then receive God's amazing grace today--and know His acceptance and approval, as no earthly father can give. If you've been fortunate enough to know the love of a wonderful earthly dad, thank God for that blessing. But remember Your Heavenly Father IS the best--and He gives the best to His kids. It's yours--reach out and receive all the acceptance, approval and love you need today--there's enough for us ALL!
His Healing Words
"...Behold , what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the children of God...(1 John 3:1 KJV)."
"Lord, I come to You as a child, needing Your acceptance, Your approval and Your love. Help me to know and to feel the true, unfailing love of my Heavenly Father this week. In Jesus' Name, Amen." --Peggy Bohanon

The Hand
Thanksgiving Day was near. The first grade teacher gave her class a fun assignment -- to draw a picture of something for which they were thankful.
Most of the class might be considered economically disadvantaged, but still many would celebrate the holiday with turkey and other traditional goodies of the season. These, the teacher thought, would be the subjects of most of her student's art. And they were.
But Douglas made a different kind of picture. Douglas was a different kind of boy. He was the teacher's true child of misery, frail and unhappy. As other children played at recess, Douglas was likely to stand close by her side. One could only guess at the pain Douglas felt behind those sad eyes.
Yes, his picture was different. When asked to draw a picture of something for which he was thankful, he drew a hand. Nothing else. Just an empty hand.
His abstract image captured the imagination of his peers. Whose hand could it be? One child guessed it was the hand of a farmer, because farmers raise turkeys. Another suggested a police officer, because the police protect and care for people. Still others guessed it was the hand of God, for God feeds us. And so the discussion went -- until the teacher almost forgot the young artist himself.
When the children had gone on to other assignments, she paused at Douglas' desk, bent down, and asked him whose hand it was.
The little boy looked away and murmured, "It's yours, teacher."
She recalled the times she had taken his hand and walked with him here or there, as she had the other students. How often had she said, "Take my hand, Douglas, we'll go outside." Or, "Let me show you how to hold your pencil." Or, "Let's do this together." Douglas was most thankful for his teacher's hand.
Brushing aside a tear, she went on with her work.
The story speaks of more than thankfulness. It says something about teachers teaching and parents parenting and friends showing friendship, and how much it means to the Douglases of the world. They might not always say thanks, but they'll remember the hand that reaches out.
"Though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand. Psalm 37:24
"My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. Psalm 63:8
This Thanksgiving, thank God for all of the "hands" that have "touched" your life. Then, allow the Hand of God to reach out through your hands and touch the lives of others. --Author Unknown

BE THANKFUL
Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something, for it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations, because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge, because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary, because it means you've made a difference.
It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles, and they can become your blessings.
--Author unknown

Thanksgiving Blessings --Vickie Lambdin
T - Is for the Tons of Blessings that I receive each day.
H - Stands for these Hands that fold, when I begin to pray.
A - Means all the Awesome powers our Lord has from above.
N - Stands for His Never ending patience and His Love.
K - Is for the Kindness and forgiveness He has shown.
S - Stands for the Sweetest gift of love we've ever known.
G - Means the Amazing Grace that God bestowed on me.
I - Says I can't imagine, without His love, just where I'd be.
V - Is for (Victory in Jesus), just like that song of old.
I - Means I'll do my best, to lead lost sheep into His fold.
N - Is for the nails driven through our Savior's hands.
G - Stands for God's Greatest Gift, His Son's life for mortal man.
Many Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

A "EVERYDAY THANKSGIVING" REFLECTION
Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising, thank you Lord, that I have the strength to rise. There are many who are bedridden.
Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost, toast is burned, and tempers are short, my children are so loud, thank you, Lord, for my family. There are many who are lonely.
Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures in magazines and the menu is at times unbalanced, thank you, Lord, for the food we have. There are many who are hungry.
Even though the routine of my job is often monotonous, thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to work. There are many who have no job.
Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and wish my circumstances were not so modest, thank you, Lord, for life itself. --Author Unknown

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
I have revealed and continued to reveal the strength of your faith in difficult circumstances. You must make a conscious effort to put your trust in Me in the midst of transition and chaos. Seek My face and renew yourself in devotion and dedication to My kingdom. These are precarious times when you must be established in unwavering faith. says the Lord. I am your very present help in times of trouble. Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah

I speak to those who have been in an unsettling time. You have a sense of being disoriented, but all you have to do is settle yourself on the firm foundation of My word and find stability in My presence. I am still with you and will lead you to a place of security and safety. Do not be afraid or allow despair to undermine your faith. Be strong, says the Lord. Psalms 61:2 From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
You must enter into the rest of God and that, My children, would mean that you have presented to Me those things which trouble you to such an extent of love and faith that you are able, indeed, to enter in. For, it is in this rest that you shall be perfected, encouraged and renewed before My throne and in My presence. You will find that your hope now becomes faith which brings forth the manifestation of My kingdom in your life -- faith that receives the promise and compels you to walk in the glory of My kingdom. So enter this rest today for it has been given to you for such a time as this that you might be renewed, healed and perfected in My ways and by the power of My spirit. Remember this, I am for you and not against you. This is the time of the release of My glory upon the earth. And, this release will come forth from you first. For you have been in a place of transformation and changed from glory to glory by the presence of My Spirit. Rise up with new hope. Rise up with courage to believe that I have not only called you but that I will use you to bring forth the manifestation of My kingdom, says the Lord your God.

The Dirty Dishes Talk!
Thank God for dirty dishes,
they have a tale to tell;
while others may go hungry,
we're eating very well.
With home and health and happiness,
we shouldn't want to fuss.
For by this stack of evidence,
God's been good to us.
Turn off the automatic washer,
pick up an old dish rag;
discover again our family,
by talking ‘til all are glad.
--Author Unknown

I AM THANKFUL FOR ...
the partner who hogs the covers every night,
because he is not out with someone else.
the child who is not cleaning his room, but is watching tv,
because that means he is at home and not on the streets.
for the taxes that i pay,
because it means that i am employed.
for the mess to clean after a party,
because it means that i have been surrounded by friends.
for the clothes that fit a little too snug,
because it means i have enough to eat.
for my shadow that watches me work,
because it means i am in the sunshine.
for a lawn that needs mowing,
windows that need cleaning,
and gutters that need fixing,
because it means i have a home.
for all the complaints i hear about the government,
because it means that we have freedom of speech.
for the parking spot i find at the far end of the parking lot,
because it means i am capable of walking and that i have been blessed with transportation.
for my huge heating bill,
because it means i am warm.
for the lady behind me in church that sings off key,
because it means that i can hear.
for the pile of laundry and ironing,
because it means i have clothes to wear.
for weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day,
because it means i have been capable of working hard.
for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours,
because it means that i am alive.
and finally.......
for too much e-mail,
because it means i have friends who are thinking of me.
--Author unknown

Give Thanks
Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
And now, Let the weak say "I am strong"
Let the poor say "I am rich"
Because of what the Lord has done for us
Give thanks.
--Author Unkown

"Thank You, O Lord"
Thank You, O Lord
For Your tender mercies You have graced me
For Your gentle kindness You have shown me
For Your unconditional love You have embraced me
O Lord, as I bow on bended knee
My heart so full of gratitude
I make only one request from You
That You reveal to me Your will for me
That is my one desire, Lord
That I may live each day for You
To give praise and thanks to You
For the many blessings and gifts you have graced me with
Only asking that You reveal to me
How I may use these blessings and gifts to be of service to You
Thank You, O Lord
For loving me
For never giving up on me
For my life that You have given me today
For the hope and promise of eternal life
Thank You, O Lord
I love You
Written By: Tammy B. 6/28/02

A psalm. For giving thanks.
Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100

"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord." Psalm 92:1

Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced. . . 1 Chronicles 16:8-12

Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name. 1 Chronicles 29:13

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2

I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. Psalm 69:30

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6-7

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:28-29

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High. Psalm 7:17

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7

...that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever. Psalm 30:12

We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds. Psalm 75:1

Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name and glory in your praise. Psalm 106:47

I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation. Psalm 118:21

You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you. Psalm 118:28

Praise be to the LORD forever! Amen and Amen. Psalm 89:52

Remembering Thanksgiving by Ryan Duncan
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” – Colossians 3:16
Thanksgiving has got to be one of the most underrated holidays in America. Once Halloween has finished and the Jack-O-Lanterns are all put away, the Christmas frenzy takes over. Holiday specials start playing on TV, stores decorate their aisle with snowflakes and mistletoes, and people take the chance to hang Christmas lights while there’s no snow. It’s not all that surprising really; the Christmas spirit can be pretty infectious, it’s also a lot harder to profit off a holiday that emphasizes thankfulness.
I feel like this is how many people, even Christians, treat the idea of thankfulness in general. I don’t know about you, but I’m much faster at coming up with a list of things I want for Christmas than a list of things I’m grateful for. It’s also pretty easy for our prayers to become filled with phrases like “God, please give me…”, “God, please help me…”, or “God, I need…”. We get so tied up in what God can do for us, how Christ can impact our lives, that we forget how to be thankful for what we have. Luckily, God is good at reminding us what’s important.
A few months ago, I was leaving for work in the morning when I was greeted by my apartment’s cleaning lady.
“Good morning,” she said, “How you doin?” I thought about the question for a second and, trying to sound funny, said,
“Well, it’s a Wednesday.”
“Now, now,” she said, “It’s a good day. Do you know why? Because you’re walking, and you’re breathing.” You can’t really argue with that, can you?
So, this Thanksgiving, amidst the mayhem of football games and turkey dinners, I encourage you to take a moment to pray and simply thank Christ for the things in your life. Whether is for home, family, or a hot meal, remember to give thanks, for God is good.
During this fall season, remember to give thanks for your blessings
Psalm 69:30 I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

Who Was It Saved Our Guilty Souls?
Elijah sat in defeat and spiritual disgrace. He had quit. He of the lion heart had been beaten on the battlefield of the soul by Ahab’s wife, and that after he had faced an army! Then something happened. He went for forty days and nights without food unto Horeb, the mount of God. In whose strength did he go? Who strengthened David’s heart and arm so he could defeat the giant Goliath? Who flattened the walls of Jericho? Who was with Joseph from the pit to the throne? Who delivered Israel from Egypt? Who led them into the Promised Land? Who opened the prison doors for Peter? Who gave Stephen grace to die and pray for his murderers? Who dried the tears of Martha and poured oil into the broken heart of Mary?
Who was it who saved our guilty souls, when we knelt at the foot of the Cross? Who turned our darkness into day? Who stands by our sides at this moment, ready and willing to give grace and glory? Who has strength for our weakness—healing for our sickness—power for our trials—freedom for our slavery—and grace sufficient for every need? Who can it be, but Jesus Christ! --Charles S. Price

God’s Got This
Rana Ragland Bryant?'s son wrote a note to a fellow fourth grade friend one night and then tucked it in his book bag. When they were saying prayers and Mom was tucking little Joe in, she asked, “What did you write the note about?”
He said, “He's gotta go to the doctor tomorrow, and I wanted him to know I would be praying for him.” Rana asked Joe if she could read the note and he said sure. So she went downstairs and opened the note to see these words...”Don't worry, God's got this.”
Rana commented that she needed to remind herself every day of those three little words: “God’s Got This.”

We thank you, Lord, for all you give;
The food we eat, the lives we live;
And to our loved ones far away,
Please send your blessings, Lord, we pray.
And help us all to live our days
With thankful hearts and loving ways.
Amen.

Thank you for the blessings that you give to us each day;
For friends and family we hold dear, for all you send our way.
We ask that you will guide us well, in everything we do,
And pray we never will forget these blessings came from you.
Amen.

God bless the food we eat this day.
We thank you for it; and we pray
For all our loved ones, far and near,
And every person gathered here.
We ask your blessings on each one,
And claim them by your holy Son.
Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Ezekiel 45
1 Moreover, when ye shall divide by lot the land for inheritance, ye shall offer an oblation unto the Lord, an holy portion of the land: the length shall be the length of five and twenty thousand reeds, and the breadth shall be ten thousand. This shall be holy in all the borders thereof round about. 2 Of this there shall be for the sanctuary five hundred in length, with five hundred in breadth, square round about; and fifty cubits round about for the suburbs thereof. 3 And of this measure shalt thou measure the length of five and twenty thousand, and the breadth of ten thousand: and in it shall be the sanctuary and the most holy place. 4 The holy portion of the land shall be for the priests the ministers of the sanctuary, which shall come near to minister unto the Lord: and it shall be a place for their houses, and an holy place for the sanctuary. 5 And the five and twenty thousand of length, and the ten thousand of breadth shall also the Levites, the ministers of the house, have for themselves, for a possession for twenty chambers. 6 And ye shall appoint the possession of the city five thousand broad, and five and twenty thousand long, over against the oblation of the holy portion: it shall be for the whole house of Israel. 7 And a portion shall be for the prince on the one side and on the other side of the oblation of the holy portion, and of the possession of the city, before the oblation of the holy portion, and before the possession of the city, from the west side westward, and from the east side eastward: and the length shall be over against one of the portions, from the west border unto the east border. 8 In the land shall be his possession in Israel: and my princes shall no more oppress my people; and the rest of the land shall they give to the house of Israel according to their tribes. 9 Thus saith the Lord God; Let it suffice you, O princes of Israel: remove violence and spoil, and execute judgment and justice, take away your exactions from my people, saith the Lord God. 10 Ye shall have just balances, and a just ephah, and a just bath. 11 The ephah and the bath shall be of one measure, that the bath may contain the tenth part of an homer, and the ephah the tenth part of an homer: the measure thereof shall be after the homer. 12 And the shekel shall be twenty gerahs: twenty shekels, five and twenty shekels, fifteen shekels, shall be your maneh. 13 This is the oblation that ye shall offer; the sixth part of an ephah of an homer of wheat, and ye shall give the sixth part of an ephah of an homer of barley: 14 Concerning the ordinance of oil, the bath of oil, ye shall offer the tenth part of a bath out of the cor, which is an homer of ten baths; for ten baths are an homer: 15 And one lamb out of the flock, out of two hundred, out of the fat pastures of Israel; for a meat offering, and for a burnt offering, and for peace offerings, to make reconciliation for them, saith the Lord God. 16 All the people of the land shall give this oblation for the prince in Israel. 17 And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel. 18 Thus saith the Lord God; In the first month, in the first day of the month, thou shalt take a young bullock without blemish, and cleanse the sanctuary: 19 And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering, and put it upon the posts of the house, and upon the four corners of the settle of the altar, and upon the posts of the gate of the inner court. 20 And so thou shalt do the seventh day of the month for every one that erreth, and for him that is simple: so shall ye reconcile the house. 21 In the first month, in the fourteenth day of the month, ye shall have the passover, a feast of seven days; unleavened bread shall be eaten. 22 And upon that day shall the prince prepare for himself and for all the people of the land a bullock for a sin offering. 23 And seven days of the feast he shall prepare a burnt offering to the Lord, seven bullocks and seven rams without blemish daily the seven days; and a kid of the goats daily for a sin offering. 24 And he shall prepare a meat offering of an ephah for a bullock, and an ephah for a ram, and an hin of oil for an ephah. 25 In the seventh month, in the fifteenth day of the month, shall he do the like in the feast of the seven days, according to the sin offering, according to the burnt offering, and according to the meat offering, and according to the oil.

Praising God at Mealtime
Be present at our table, Lord,
Be here and everywhere adored.
Thy creatures bless, and grant that we
May feast in paradise with thee.
--John Wesley

Blessing for Mealtime
O Most Holy Trinity, have mercy on us! Lord, cleanse us from our sins! Master, pardon our transgressions! Holy One, visit and heal our infirmities for Thy name's sake.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.
Lord, have mercy! (3 times)
O Christ God, bless the food and drink of Thy servants, for Thou art holy, always, now and ever and unto ages of ages.
--Traditional

Child's Grace
God is great and God is good,
And we thank him for our food;
By his hand we must be fed,
Give us Lord, our daily bread. Amen.
--Traditional

Child's Prayer of Thanks
Thank you for the world so sweet. Thank you for the things we eat. Thank you for the birds that sing. Thank you, God, for everything.

Child's Grace
O Lord my God, I bless thy holy name for this mercy, which I have now received from thy bounty and goodness. Feed now my soul with thy grace, that I may make it my meat and drink to do thy gracious will, through Jesus Christ my Saviour. Amen.
John Wesley

An Evening Family Prayer
Lord, behold our family here assembled.
We thank you for this place in which we dwell,
for the love that unites us,
for the peace accorded to us this day,
for the hope with which we expect the morrow;
for the health, the work, the food and the bright skies
that make our lives delightful;
for our friends in all parts of the earth. Amen.
Robert Louis Stevenson

Grace Before Meals
Lord bless this food to our use and us to Thy service, and make us ever mindful of the needs of others. Amen.

Blessing for Mealtime
O Christ God, bless the food and drink of Thy servants, for Thou art holy, always, now and ever and unto ages of ages. --Traditional

Table Blessing
Bless us O Lord, and these thy gifts,
Which we are about to receive, from thy bounty,
Through Christ, Our Lord.
Amen.
--Traditional

Table Blessing
God is great! God is good!
Let us thank Him for our food.
Amen.

Gratitude for Happy Hearts
We thank Thee Lord, for happy hearts,
For rain and sunny weather.
We thank Thee, Lord, for this our food,
And that we are together.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply