Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

Alive In Christ Part 13 - "T" Thirsting

by Gail Rodgers
Take a moment and think back to when you first opened your life and your heart to Jesus. Do you remember the hunger and the thirst you felt in your spirit? Do you recall the satisfying fullness He brought to your heart? Do you remember the song He put there?

The Bible tells us that He gives us a new song… a song in our hearts with a melody of praise. It’s a song with music that draws others to put their trust in Him.
Remember your thirst for Him as you read His Word…
“He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord” (Psalm 40:2 & 3).
The day you entered into your relationship with God and accepted the forgiveness Jesus offered, you received a new song in your heart, a song different from the music of the world. A song He put there so others will hear the music and be drawn to Him too.
Yet sometimes we let life drown out the song He put there. We allow circumstances to steal the music away. Sometimes we even look for other music to move to but it sounds hollow as we seek other things first.
Ask God to stir afresh the cords of the music He put in your heart when He gave you your new song. Ask Him to cause your heart to thirst for His song to burst forth again in your heart. He promises that when we hunger and thirst for Him and His righteousness, we will be filled. That filling will surpass any fullness the world can offer!
Choose today to sing again the new song God Himself put within your heart. Say with the Psalm writer:
“I will sing a new song to you O God. (Psalm 144:9)
prayer & reflection

Father God,
So often I have gotten off tune or lost the melody of the new song you put in my heart when I came to know You. Refresh Your music in my heart today. Forgive me for allowing myself to be sidetracked and seeking other things before You. Help me today as I determine I will sing a new song to You, O God. Help me to look for Your blessings, to walk in Your strength, to trust You and to have Your priority of seeing others put their trust in You. Thank you for Your music in my life. Teach me to sing it passionately and boldly. Help me to move to Your music today.
In Jesus’ strong name I pray, amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply