Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > 12 Steps and 12 Traditions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

12 Steps and 12 Traditions Information and Discussions related to the 12 Steps and The 12 Traditions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2013, 05:17 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Negative forces are those powers that tell you that you ar hopeless and useless, that tell you not to pray and meditate because there is nothing in meditation. While positive forces make you feel that you are God's chosen child and that you have the possibility of doing something significant for good and for your own Divinity at every moment. If you remain in the heart (soul) you will encounter very few negative forces. But if you live in the mind, the negative forces will threaten you often.

- Samuel Thadeus Short

Take time to listen to the children playing. From their laughter, learn lessons in innocence. From their openness, learn lessons in trust. From their guilelessness, learn lessons in truthfulness and sincerity. It isn't maturity that robs us of these virtues: It is immaturity, embittered by disappointment. With maturity comes understanding; from understanding comes acceptance; and from acceptance, finally, comes wisdom.

From Do It Now!, by J. Donald Walters

O M S H A N T I

Please include a link back to The Antesian Road To Enlightenment in forwarded material, Thank you EXPANDING CONSCIOUSNESS
antesianroadtoenlightenment-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
The longest journey is from the head to the heart. Where are you travelling today? Are you on the road or taking a scenic route? Have you arrived at your destination or are you still isolated and stuck in the power of thought and unable to take action to the next step?

This comes from a newsletter in Malaysia, don't even remember how I connected with it, and I have deleted piles of them, and still have folders of them filed away. I just don't have the time to process them all. The material was on my sites, but I have more up-to-date material now I should look at. There just isn't enough me to go around.

I have a different view for the post part, people say, "Oh that is negative, forget it!" I say "No." Nothing in life is all negative." They will discount it. They miscount it and miss out on a very useful gem. They see something and think, "Oh, that is positive, "I want that, but they don't look closely, and perhaps there is a tiny flaw." We are not all good or bad, positive or negative, and for me, recovery, is about learning to find the balance in our life. Nurturing our weaknesses and allowing them to grow stronger. Supporting our strengths so they don't grow weak. Just because we have in today, doesn't mean we will have it in tomorrow. Fibromyalgia has taught me a lot about that.
Acceptance is the key in today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0280.jpg (9.9 KB, 2 views)

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply