Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2018, 05:33 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - July 29

We cannot control how others respond to the truth of God's love. But we share that love, knowing that our God cherishes our uniqueness yet cares for each of us the same.

Our responsibility is to talk about how God has changed us and how God assures us of eternal life. But we cannot make the decision for others; we all have free will.

God sees our weak, torn lives and makes us whole again.

Make a list of five good things God has done in your life recently.

When we open our eyes to the amazing power of God, we have no fear.

God calls us to take advantage of opportunities to show love and compassion to those in need.

The most important task God has for us today may not be on our to-do list.

God's word offers us daily guidance.

"Seeing" People's Needs
Sometimes you can tell by the look on someone's face what they are going through. Genesis 40:6 says that "Joseph... looked at them, and saw that they were sad." Even though he himself was unjustly imprisoned, he found fulfillment in helping two other prisoners. Would it have been easier just to focus on his own problems? Yes, but it's self-defeating.
Henry Drummond wrote, "As you look back on your life, the moments that stand out are always the ones when you did things for others." Joseph realized he wasn't the only one hurting, so he did what Jesus always did – treated those around him with compassion.
How about you? Do you take time to try to understand what people are going through? Are you self-absorbed, or concerned about others who are hurting, especially when you've nothing to gain by it?
Encouragement is like a shot of adrenaline – it can lift a person and put them back on their feet again. Writer Ren Bazin says, "A remedy for the evils of our time... is the gift of yourself to those who've fallen so low that even hope fails them."
Will those you give to, always give back? No, but God will. When the royal butler was released from prison he forgot the promise he made to speak to Pharaoh on Joseph's behalf. But God didn't forget! Joseph's best days were ahead. Think of his rise in Egypt, his service to a nation, his impact as a leader, and the joy of reconciling with his family. He underlines it: "...God turned into good what [others] meant for evil..." (Genesis 50:20 TLB) So, start "seeing" the needs of those around you. Author Unknown

FORGIVE AND FORGET
Clara Barton, founder of the American Red Cross, was reminded one day of a vicious deed that someone had done to her years before. But she acted as if she had never even heard of the incident. "Don't you remember it?" her friend asked. "No," came Barton's reply, "I distinctly remember forgetting it."
General Oglethorpe once said to John Wesley, "I never forgive and I never forget." To which Wesley replied, "Then, Sir, I hope you never sin."
"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your father will not forgive your sins." (Matthew 6:14-15)
"So, watch yourselves. If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him. If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, 'I repent,' forgive him." The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" (Luke 17:3-5) Author Unknown

God Did It!
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us," Ephesians 3:20
When I reflect back on my childhood, I think back to those worship services in which a portion was dedicated to testimonies. Anyone who wished to share a testimony could stand in place or move up to the microphone and share with the congregation the movement of God in their lives. I vividly remember people testifying about miracles and blessings that they experienced and received that could not be explained by human wisdom. Therefore, they would conclude their testimony by simply saying, "all I can say is that God did it!"
Many of us have experienced the movement of God in our lives in such a way that even we are amazed. Some cannot explain how God stretched a little bit of money and allowed them to do many things with it. Some cannot explain how they are still alive and well after the doctors had given up on them. Others cannot explain how they were able to purchase homes and cars with their credit rating. One can go on and on about the many miracles and blessings God has bestowed upon His people. Many are trying to think of ways to explain to people the movement of God when it simply cannot be explained.
Therefore, when people question or ask "how this or that happened," the reply is simple - all I can say is that God did it!" Author Unknown

God Is Always Doing Something Good
Here’s a challenge for this week.
First, let your first thought of the day be this: God is always doing something good. Make it your first conscious thought. As soon as your eyes open, or even before, as soon as you hear the alarm and are struggling to figure out why it is going off so early, let your first thought be: God is always doing something good. If you have to, program your phone to send you a reminder as soon as you wake up that says: God is always doing something good.
Let that thought take root in your mind. God is always doing something good. As you get ready for work or school speak the words: God is always doing something good. As you eat your breakfast (especially if you get to the refrigerator and discover the milk went bad three days ago) say to yourself: God is always doing something good. As you drive or walk to work or school, or as you sit at your favorite coffee shop say: God is always doing something good. When you’re sitting in class taking a test, or getting the results of a test, say: God is always doing something good. As you sit in the doctor’s waiting room, in the hospital waiting room, or waiting to hear the results from the battery of tests you went through last week, say: God is always doing something good.
Second, look for that good thing God is doing. It may be as obvious as that pink Dogwood tree in full bloom in your front yard. Or, it may be as subtle as a receiving a text message from a friend. God is always doing something good. What is it? Where is it? Don’t question it. Don’t try to explain it. Don’t feel embarrassed by it. Don’t brag about it (you didn’t do it; God did). But, certainly don’t ignore it. Don’t let it go unnoticed. Take a moment to acknowledge it. It may be something as simple as pulling up to the gas pump to notice the prices did not go up over night. It may be something a significant as learning your going to be grandparents. (By the way…we are.)
Third, share it. This probably should be a no-brainer; but that’s not always true. Sharing what God does not always come naturally. You think about it. You see it. You appreciate it. But, sharing it is not always easy. By keeping these good things that the Lord is doing to your self, you are missing an opportunity to encourage someone who may need it. You are missing an opportunity to help them see God. You are missing an opportunity to bless them.
“He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” (1 Thessalonians 5:10-12, New International Version)
“But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called ‘Today,’ so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.” (Hebrews 3:13, New International Version, ©2011)
God is always doing something good. Look for it. See it. Share it. Glorify Him. Tom

Invited by Gail Rodgers
“COME unto me all you who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest … for your souls” (Matthew 11:28).
Are you feeling parked in your faith and not moving forward as you would like? Take some time today to respond to God’s invitation to come to Him and find His rest.
In our busy days we often try to commune with God on the run. Carve out 20 minutes today to sit quietly and allow your heart to draw near to God through the following verses of truth. He will draw near to you. It’s a promise you can count on.
1. C – CAST your concerns: 1 Peter 5:7 “Casting all your cares on Him for He cares for you.” Bring Him your unanswered question/self-pity/disappointment/ your distracted life.
2. O – OPEN your heart: Philippians 4:6/7 “Don’t worry about anything but pray about everything. Tell God your needs and don’t forget to thank Him for His answers.” Ask for His truth to penetrate your heart and mind and open your heart completely, with all your doubts and reservations, to Him.
3. M – MAKE REQUEST: Hebrews 4:16 “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” Lay aside your own best thinking and ask God to give you what He knows you need today. Thank Him for His mercy and grace in your time of need.
4. E – EXPECT: Romans 15:13 “May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Let His peace and joy flow over you and spill out to those around you.
Lord God, today I want to sit in Your presence and let Your love settle over me. I need to draw near and feel Your presence and Your love. Speak to my heart as I allow each one of these verses to steep into my heart. Thank you that You are all I need today. I pray this in the strong name of Jesus, amen.
Questions: Are you feeling like your faith is not growing and you are stuck? What does the scripture mean when it says to cast all our cares on Him?

Today by Suzanne Benner
Tune in to God’s voice
“Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion” (Hebrews 3:15).
“Seize the day.”
“There’s no time like the present.”
“Today is the first day of the rest of your life.”
You’ve heard it before, from ancient philosophers to modern day motivational speakers, the call to make the most of the present is all around us. So also is the urge within us to procrastinate. The weakness of our will, the laziness of our flesh, the fickleness of our hearts all say, tomorrow.
• Every time we fail to respond to God’s urging it gets harder to hear Him.
• Every time we put off doing what He asks, our hearts get more resistant to doing His will.
• Every time we choose to listen to the lie that there will always be time to follow God tomorrow, the fact that we’ll ever seek God becomes a little less likely.
When the writer of Hebrews uses the word “Today” repeatedly (3:7; 3:13; 3:15; 4:7) – capitalizing it where ever it appears – he is pointing out the urgency of responding to God when He speaks.
“See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness” (Hebrews 3:12, 13).
Paul too, writes, “I tell you, now is the time of God’s favour, now is the day of salvation” (2 Corinthians 6:2).
Let us heed God’s voice. Today.
Heavenly Father, thank you that You have called me to be Your child. Help me to listen for Your voice, to believe what You say and to follow Your commands, today and every day. Amen.
Questions: Why is it so important to follow God today? If resisting God hardens our hearts, how does responding to God affect our hearts? How have you experienced this?

Live the Word
It is not enough to own a Bible; we must read it.
It is not enough to read it; we must let it speak to us.
It is not enough to let it speak to us; we must believe.
It is not enough to believe; we must live it.
--William A. Ward

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Your overcoming is by the blood of the Lamb. You cannot overcome by the strength of your flesh; it is only by life in the Spirit when you have died with Christ and been resurrected with Him to live a godly life. Your trying to have victory according to the law will only bring frustration. Rather than trying to kill the flesh by the flesh, walk by faith that it is Christ in you who empowers you to overcome. Yield to the work of My Spirit, says the Lord. Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

Refuse to allow weariness to keep you from effective warfare. The enemy would love to make you tired or to have you just sit down and take a rest in the middle of a battle. I will empower you and give you the strength necessary to gain the victory in every circumstance, but you must trust Me to do so as you continue to press on, says the Lord. Jeremiah 12:5 "If you have run with the footmen, and they have wearied you, then how can you contend with horses? And if in the land of peace, in which you trusted, they wearied you, then how will you do in the floodplain of the Jordan?"

I continue to open to you treasurers of darkness, particularly those things that have hindered your success in a number of areas. Ask Me for wisdom and be sensitive to what I show you. If you will see, hear and obey, you will be able to overcome in areas in which you have failed over and over again. Let Me guide you through the process that will lead to victory, says the Lord. Deuteronomy 4:30 "When you are in distress, and all these things come upon you in the latter days, when you turn to the LORD your God and obey His voice."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Let God arise and His enemies be scattered. Let the Holy One of Israel come into the camp of His people. And, may it be that as He comes He brings to you the understanding of His love, His peace, and His joy. And, in all of this My people your faith will be quickened and come to a higher place than it has ever been before. In the quickening of your faith, My glorious church will arise to its position on the earth. And, out of that place of glory will flow the righteousness, power, glory, healing, and provision of Christ. All things that you, My people, need will be presented to you. For, I own the cattle and the gold and the silver. I will distribute to each one that which you need or desire. I am the Holy One and I watch over you. Have you forgotten that I am the Shepard that leads you beside the still waters and beside the green pastures? Have you forgotten that I have gone before you and made the way smooth? Have you forgotten that I have prepared the paths of your destiny and the fulfilling of that destiny as you walk on the path of life? Do not forget My benefits, says the Lord. And, do not forget that I am leading and guiding you. Do not forget these things, for surely you shall prevail. Write a book of remembrance that describes My goodness, says the Lord.

I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say
I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Come unto Me and rest;
Lay down, thou weary one, lay down
Thy head upon My breast."
I came to Jesus as I was,
Weary, and worn, and sad;
I found in Him a resting place,
And He has made me glad.
"Behold, I freely give
The living water; thirsty one,
Stoop down and drink, and live."
I came to Jesus , and I drank
Of that life-giving stream;
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
And now I live in Him.
"I am this dark world's Light;
Look unto Me, thy morn shall rise,
And all thy day be bright."
I looked to Jesus, and I found
In Him my Star, my Sun,
And in that Light of life I'll walk,
Till traveling days are done.
John B. Dykes

When the Saviour Came My Way
You ask me why I love the Lord.
Well, friend, just let me say
Life was not worth living
'Till the Saviour came my way.
You say I lose so much in life.
Yes, friend, PRAISE GOD, I do.
I lose the sin and sorrow
Which was all I ever knew.
I lose the days spent seeking joy,
The long nights full of tears;
I lose the heavy burdens,
Which I carried through the years.
But friend, I would not have them back
For all that you could pay.
My life was not worth living
'Till the Saviour came my way.
Author unknown

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Matthew 11:28:30

“If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” John 7:37b-38

12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” John 8:12

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Psalm 37:5-6

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

A Treasured Friend
A lifetime without a friend would be like a garden without flowers. We need to all
learn the beautiful art of planting and cultivating our "garden of life" and work
at it everyday. For when we tenderly sow the seeds of friendship, an abundant
blossoming of love will result.
One of the sweetest compliments ever spoken of another person is, "This is my
friend." These words reflect affection, acceptance, trust, confidence, and approval.
A true friend is ready to assist, comfort, defend, encourage, forgive, listen, share joys and sorrows, sympathize, be happy
for you, congratulate you, and to remember only the good and pleasant memories of your friendship.
To have one such friend in your lifetime is a gift--but to have more than one is a treasure. So love, value, honor, and guard such precious friendships that you share.
But the greatest friend of all, is JESUS... the one who GAVE his life for each of us... He DIED for us that we might LIVE...what a sacrifice...to give your life is the greatest
gift of all...Today, make sure that Jesus is your #1 friend in your "garden of life."
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. St. John 15:13 Author Unknown

Have you ever spilled something really nasty on your clothes? I bet you couldn’t wait to get them changed? We can all relate to such an event because we've all been there! We've also all been the recipients of a similar feeling when we've done something terrible, knowing that God knows all about it. It's no accident that God uses the filthy clothes analogy when He talks about something similar happening with his servant, Joshua. What's different about sin is that you just can't change your clothes and make it all better. Only God can clean you from that--and He only does it through His Son Jesus. He still does it today, too! If you're feeling filthy because of sin just cry out His name!
"Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. The angel said to those who were standing before him, 'Take off his filthy clothes.' Then he said to Joshua, 'See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on you.'" Zechariah 3:3-4 In Christ, James Kilby

COME AS YOU ARE. NO JACKET REQUIRED Author Unknown
I shook my head in disbelief. This couldn't be the right place. After all, I couldn't possibly be welcome here. I had been given an invitation several times, by several different people, and I had finally decided to see what this place was all about. But, this just couldn't be the right place.
Quickly, I glanced down at the invitation that I clutched in my hand. I scanned past the words, "Come as you are. No jacket required" and found the location. Yes, I was at the right place. I peered through the window again and saw a room of people whose faces seemed to glow with joy. All were neatly dressed, adorned in fine garments and appeared strangely clean as they dined at this exquisite restaurant.
Ashamed, I looked down at my own tattered and torn clothing, covered in stains. I was dirty, in fact, filthy. A foul smell seemed to consume me and I couldn't shake the grime that clung to my body. As I turned around to leave, the words from the invitation seemed to leap out at me..."Come as you are. No jacket required."
I decided to give it a shot. Mustering up every bit of courage I could find, I opened the door to this restaurant and walked up to a man standing behind a podium. "Your name, sir?" he asked me with a smile.
"Jimmy D. Brown," I mumbled without looking up. I thrust my hands deep into my pockets, hoping to conceal their stains. He didn't seem to notice the filth that I was covered in and he continued, "Very good, sir. A table is reserved in your name. Would you like to be seated?"
I couldn't believe what I heard! A grin broke out on my face and I said, "Yes, of course!" He lead me to a table and, sure enough, there was a placard with my name written on it in a deep, dark red. As I browsed over a menu, I saw many delightful items listed. There were things like, "peace," "joy," "blessings," "confidence," "assurance," "hope," "love," "faith," and "mercy." I realized that this was no ordinary restaurant! I flipped the menu back to the front in order to see where I was at... "God's Grace," was the name of this place.
The man returned and said, "I recommend the 'Special of the Day'. With it you are entitled to heaping portions of everything on this menu". You've got to be kidding! I thought to myself. You mean, I can have ALL of this! "What is the 'Special of the Day'?" I asked with excitement ringing in my voice.
"Salvation," was his reply. "I'll take it," I practically cried out. Then, as quickly as I made that statement, the joy left my body. A sick painful ache jerked through my stomach and tears filled my eyes. Between my sobs I said... "Mister, look at me. I'm dirty and nasty. I am unclean and unworthy of such things. I'd love to have all of this, but, but, I just can't afford it."
Undaunted, the man smiled again. "Sir, your check has already been taken care of by that Gentleman over there," he said as he pointed to the front of the room. "His name is Jesus."
Turning, I saw a man whose very presence seemed to light the room. He was almost too much to look at. I found myself walking towards Him and in a shaking voice I whispered, "Sir, I'll wash the dishes or sweep the floors or take out the trash. I'll do anything I can do to repay You for all this."
He opened His arms and said with a smile, "Son, all of this is yours if you just come unto me. Ask me to clean you up and I will. Ask me to allow you to feast at my table and you will eat. Remember, the table is reserved in your name. All you must do is accept this gift that I offer you."
Astonished, I fell at his feet and said, "Please, Jesus. Please clean up my life. Please change me and sit me at your table and give me this new life."
Immediately, I heard the words, "It is finished." I looked down and white robes adorned my squeaky clean body. Something strange and wonderful had happened. I felt new, like a weight had been lifted and I found myself seated at His table
"The 'Special of the Day' has been served," the Lord said to me. "Salvation is yours." We sat and talked for a great while and I so enjoyed the time that I spent with Him. He told me, me of all people, that He would like for me to come back as often as I liked for another helping from God's Grace. He made it clear that He wanted me to spend as much time with Him as possible.
As it drew near time for me to go back outside into the "real world," He whispered to me softly, "And Lo, I am with you always." And then, He said something to me that I will never forget. He said... "My child, do you see these empty tables throughout this room?" "Yes, Lord. I see them. What do they mean?" I replied. "These are reserved tables...but the individuals whose names are on each placard have not accepted their invitation to dine. Would you be so kind as to hand out these invitations to those who have not joined us as yet?" Jesus asked.
"Of course," I said with excitement as I picked up the invitations. "Go ye therefore into all nations," He said as I turned to leave I walked into God's Grace dirty and hungry. Stained in sin. My righteousness as filthy rags. And Jesus cleaned me up. I walked out a brand new man...robed in white, His righteousness. And so, I'll keep my promise to my Lord. I'll go. I'll spread the Word. I'll share the Gospel... I'll hand out the invitations.
And I'll start with you.
Have you been to God's Grace? There's a table reserved in your name, and here's your invitation... "Come as you are. No jacket required."
"For by grace are you saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2: 8,9

Dear God, break through the din of our routines so that we may hear the cry of those who are struggling and find ways to extend to them your love and friendship. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 97
1 The Lord reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad thereof. 2 Clouds and darkness are round about him: righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne. 3 A fire goeth before him, and burneth up his enemies round about. 4 His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled. 5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth. 6 The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory. 7 Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: worship him, all ye gods. 8 Zion heard, and was glad; and the daughters of Judah rejoiced because of thy judgments, O Lord. 9 For thou, Lord, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods. 10 Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked. 11 Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart. 12 Rejoice in the Lord, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

Teach us, God, to trust in you, to follow your ways, and to live according to your will. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply