Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2018, 04:52 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - August 12

"It is everything I thought it would be; being the Olympic champion, it definitely is an amazing feeling. And I give all the glory to God. It's kind of a win-win situation. The glory goes up to him and the blessings fall down on me. Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things He does for me." -Gabby Douglas

"If you feel stuck, bring your whole self to Christ, not just the problem, but you. Ask God to change your heart. Commit yourself to pray to that end. It's God's heart to give good gifts to His children." - Sheila Walsh

"Are you haunted by past failures? Don't despair! No matter how great your disappointment, God can turn your heartbreak into hope. Your past does not have to determine your destiny. God is making all things new." Richard Exley

"Time is a very precious gift of God; so precious that it’s only given to us moment by moment." --Amelia Barr

Lean on God, who through Christ brings comfort and the strength to endure.

Every day brings opportunities to choose God’s way.

Remembering that we belong to Christ, we answer the call to serve those near us, wherever we are.

Joy is the echo of God's life within us. Joseph Marmion

Even though it may seem like God isn’t paying attention, God leads us and listens to us when we need it most.

We too are to keep in harmony with Christ, not competing with him but depending on him to lead us so that other people may see and hear our Lord and Savior.

It Starts With A Blank Page
Every article begins with a blank page. There are days when the page is blank for a long time. Waiting for words. Wondering what to say. Looking for inspiration. Wishing for an idea. There are other days when page is blank for only a moment. Before the computer is turned on the words are there. For days the idea has been simmering in my brain. When the fingers touch the keyboard the letters flow into words with ease.
Every day begins as a blank page. Before the eyes are opened and before brain is engaged the course of the day is wide open. Even if some plans have been made, nothing is set in stone. The day is open. Only the Lord knows what kind of day it will be.
How do we decide the course of our day? How is the course of our day planned? Where do we turn to gain insight into how we are live out our days? Psalm 90, verse 12 is one option.
“Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” (NIV84)
“Teach us to realize the brevity of life, 
 so that we may grow in wisdom.” (NLT)
“Teach us how short our lives really are so that we may be wise.” (NCV)
The message is clear: When we understand how short life is we will become wiser.
As you plan your day consider that you may not have many more, perhaps this will be your last.
Does that change your thinking? Does that give you insight into how you want to spend your day?
What things you would definitely want to do? Spend time with your family? Make a phone call. Write some letters. Tell some stories. Offer suggestions on life.
Maybe this is not your last day, but you do understand how really short our lives are. Your resolution is simple: Make the most of every moment of every day. Eliminate everything that does not contribute to making the most of every day.
Life is short. How short? We do not know. It is short enough and too valuable to waste. It is brief enough that when you think about it you can easily clarify your priorities.
Okay. It is up to you. Your page is blank. Your day is not yet set. Be wise. Live it well. Tom

THE HARVEST (Author Unknown)
There was once a spider who lived in a cornfield. He was a big spider and he had spun a beautiful web between the corn stalks. He got fat eating all the bugs that would get caught in his web. He liked his home and planned to stay there for the rest of his life.
One day the spider caught a little bug in his web, and just as the spider was about to eat him, the bug said, "If you let me go I will tell you something important that will save your life." The spider paused for a moment and listened because he was amused. "You better get out of this cornfield," the little bug said, "The harvest is coming!"
The spider smiled and said, "What is this harvest you are talking about? I think you are just telling me a story." But the little bug said, "Oh no, it is true. The owner of this field is coming to harvest it soon. All the stalks will be knocked down and the corn will be gathered up. You will be killed by the giant machines if you stay here."
The spider said, "I don't believe in harvests and giant machines that knock down corn stalks. How can you prove this?" The little bug continued, "Just look at the corn. See how it is planted in rows? It proves this field was created by an intelligent designer." The spider laughed and mockingly said, "This field has evolved and has nothing to do with a creator. Corn always grows that way." The bug went on to explain, "Oh no. This field belongs to the owner who planted it, and the harvest is coming soon." The spider grinned and said to the little bug, "I don't believe you," and then the spider ate the little bug for lunch.
A few days later, the spider was laughing about the story the little bug had told him. He thought to himself, "A harvest! What a silly idea. I have lived here all of my life and nothing has ever disturbed me. I have been here since these stalks were just a foot off the ground, and I'll be here for the rest of my life, because nothing is ever going to change in this field. Life is good, and I have it made."
The next day was a beautiful sunny day in the cornfield. The sky above was clear and there was no wind at all. That afternoon as the spider was about to take a nap, he noticed some thick dusty clouds moving toward him. He could hear the roar of a great engine and he said to himself, "I wonder what that could be?"
2 Peter 3:3-4 "In the last days mockers will come, following their own lusts, and saying, 'Where is the promise of His coming?'"
2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow concerning His promise, as some count slowness, but He is patient toward you, not wanting anyone to perish, but for all to come to repentance."

BE A TAXI DRIVER OF THE WORD!
"Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path." Psalms 119:105, NLT
If you were dropped into a major city of the world, chances are you’d have some idea of the major landmarks that you could visit. In Paris you’d know about the Eiffel Tower, in Sydney you’d head for the Opera House but the one person who really knows about a city is a local taxi driver. These guys are amazing! Not only are they normally highly entertaining in their story-telling and maybe a little over-confident in their ability to dodge pedestrians and cyclists – but they know every detail of the city. If traffic starts to build up or a set of traffic lights break down, they know exactly which detour to take so that you can reach the desired destination. They know the main routes but they also know every side road and short cut.
This is often how it can work for us and the Bible. We know the major landmarks – Psalms 23, John 3:16, the Sermon on the Mount but we don’t know all the amazing ‘side roads’ of the Word. These are the things that we need to navigate through the accidents and road works of life – the fullness of God’s Word. The reason a taxi driver knows all the details of his city is simply because he spends all of his time there. Every day he drives around its streets. He didn’t know it all when he started out but the more he drove around, the more he knew.
The Bible is effectively a ‘city’ with endless side streets - so let’s commit before God to be taxi drivers of this great ‘city’. To spend time in His Word so that we can navigate all that life brings our way and we can know the greatness of our God. as seen in Seeds of the Kingdom

He'll Be There for You Author Unknown
In 1989 an 8.2 earthquake almost flattened Armenia, killing over 30,000 people in less than four minutes.
In the midst of utter devastation and chaos, a father left his wife securely at home and rushed to the school where his son was supposed to be, only to discover that the building was as flat as a pancake.
After the traumatic initial shock, he remembered the promise he had made to his son: "No matter what, I'll always be there for you!" And tears began to fill his eyes. As he looked at the pile of debris that once was the school, it looked hopeless, but he kept remembering his commitment to his son.
He began to concentrate on where he walked his son to class at school each morning. Remembering his son's classroom would be in the back right corner of the building, he rushed there and started digging through the rubble.
As he was digging, other forlorn parents arrived, clutching their hearts, saying: "My son!" "My daughter!" Other well meaning parents tried to pull him off of what was left of the school saying:
"It's too late!" "They're dead!" "You can't help!" "Go home!"
"Come on, face reality, there's nothing you can do!" "You're just going to make things worse!"
To each parent he responded with one line: "Are you going to help me now?" And then he proceeded to dig for his son, stone by stone.
The fire chief showed up and tried to pull him off of the school's debris saying, "Fires are breaking out, explosions are happening everywhere. You're in danger. We'll take care of it. Go home." To which this loving, caring Armenian father asked, "Are you going to help me now?"
The police came and said, "You're angry, distraught and it's over. You're endangering others. Go home. We'll handle it!" To which he replied, "Are you going to help me now?" No one helped.
Courageously he proceeded alone because he needed to know for himself: "Is my boy alive or is he dead?"
He dug for eight hours... 12 hours... 24 hours... 36 hours... then, in the 38th hour, he pulled back a boulder and heard his son's voice. He screamed his son's name, "ARMAND!"
He heard back, "Dad!?! It's me, Dad! I told the other kids not to worry. I told 'em that if you were alive, you'd save me and when you saved me, they'd be saved. You promised, 'No matter what, I'll always be there for you!' You did it, Dad! ..."
"What's going on in there? How is it?" the father asked.
"There are 14 of us left out of 33, Dad. We're scared, hungry, thirsty and thankful you're here! When the building collapsed, it made a wedge, like a triangle, and it saved us!"
"Come on out, boy!"
"No, Dad! Let the other kids out first, 'cause I know you'll get me! No matter what, I know you'll be there for me!"
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you" (Deuteronomy 31:5)

Tragedy Into Blessing Author Unknown
Years ago in Scotland, the Clark family had a dream. Clark and his wife worked and saved, making plans for their nine children and themselves to travel to the United States. It had taken years, but they had finally saved enough money and had gotten passports and reservations for the whole family on a new liner to the United States.
The entire family was filled with anticipation and excitement about their new life. However, seven days before their departure, the youngest son was bitten by a dog. The doctor sewed up the boy but hung a yellow sheet on the Clarks' front door. Because of the possibility of rabies, they were being quarantined for fourteen days.
The family's dreams were dashed. They would not be able to make the trip to America as they had planned. The father, filled with disappointment and anger, stomped to the dock to watch the ship leave - without the Clark family. The father shed tears of disappointment and cursed both his son and God for their misfortune.
Five days later, the tragic news spread throughout Scotland - the mighty Titanic had sunk. The unsinkable ship had sunk, taking hundreds of lives with it. The Clark family was to have been on that ship, but because the son had been bitten by a dog, they were left behind in Scotland.
When Mr. Clark heard the news, he hugged his son and thanked him for saving the family. He thanked God for saving their lives and turning what he had felt was a tragedy into a blessing.
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

SO WHAT'S YOUR SCRIPTURE VERSE? by Russ Lawson
This week we have been spending some time with our families in Ohio. We had a family outing one day and ended up back at our son's house with our kids and grandkids.
Our daughter-in-law shared that they were having trouble getting our 9 year old grandson Christopher to write stories for a creative writing school classes. Since I write, she asked if I could help motivate him. He is at that stage (in a little boy's) life that he likes gross or shocking things, so I decided to work with that. We adults had just returned from an outing to a local indoor shooting range where I had injured my thumb, so being the creative writer that I am, I suggested he write a story titled, "The day my dad shot off my grandpa's thumb." He thought that was a great idea and commenced to put together a story of what happened (including the trip to the emergency room where all was made right, etc.)
When he ended the story grandma said, "What about the scripture?" He said, "What?" She said, "Well Grandpa always works a scripture into his stories to teach a lesson about what God would want us to do." At that point, we, as adults, offered suggestions as to an appropriate scripture or scripture application. He rejected all of our suggestions and came up with a unique scripture of his own. He said the scripture to use is, "'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you,' because we shouldn't shoot off someone's thumb!"
Well, I guess you can't argue with that logic and he did use that verse of scripture. As you look at your life today, the things you said, the things you have done, what would be the scripture verse you would put with it? I hope that the verse that might summarize our lives would be the words of Jesus in Matthew 5:16, where he said, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (KJV) If not, maybe we had better take a close look at the way we walk and talk in the "real world" where we live.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Refuse to allow clutter in your soul and spirit. Recent experiences have had the potential of creating confusion, but you must rise to a level of truth and peace, knowing that I will lead you forth in My purposes. I have indeed gone before you to make a way where there seems to be no way. Nothing is impossible with Me, says the Lord. Trust Me. 1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

My reward is in My hand, says the Lord, but it is your choice whether you receive the best that I have or become satisfied with something less. The best that I have is your spiritual inheritance in the kingdom. The something less is to desire physical and material blessings on earth. And, I say, if you seek My kingdom first you will have both. Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Be aware that you will have opportunities to see yourself in the light of My Spirit and overcome aspects of your nature that have been detrimental to your spiritual growth and well-being. You can either accept this correction or reject it; it is your choice. But, receiving correction will bring greater freedom and clarity. You would do well to embrace all that I am doing in you in this season, says the Lord. Psalms 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

The enemy has set up roadblocks to hinder your progression and cause you to be ignored and overlooked or forgotten about. This might seem like a test of your patience, but it is a direct attack from the enemy to seduce you into negative emotional responses. Your awareness of this condition will make all the difference. All you have to do is to establish your position again, says the Lord. Pray for direction and guidance, and I will answer. John 14:13 "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I come today and reveal Myself to you as the Morning Star. Indeed, I speak of the shining brightness of the revelation that I shall bring at this time. Listen to the sound of the thunders and look for the treasures that have been hidden in darkness. Watch for what I show you to come to pass. I will come and ask you, "What is it that you see? What is it that you understand? What is it that you know about what I am showing you?" You will have to think about and even muse upon your answers. But, you shall come forth strengthened in your relationship with Me, says the Lord. You were formed out of the dust of the earth, that you would come forth and walk with Me so that I can speak with you and you can speak with Me. For this purpose you were created.

TRUTH Author Unknown
Let me always walk in Truth
Teach me, Lord, Your Way
The sum of Your Word is Truth
Guiding my journey each day
The world deceived sees truth
Relative to the opinions of each
Yet You prove that Truth is absolute
Its perfection to me You teach
Truth is constant, unchanging
It shifts not when the wind does blow
Truth is pure, righteous, eternal
Hearts transform when Truth they know
Christ Himself is the Truth
His Life embodied the Eternal Word
He lives in those who live in Truth
Those practicing what they heard
He brought His beloved children forth
By Truth in His perfect divine Will
That we may be born again in Spirit
And that all our needs He would fill
Though the Law came through Moses
Through Christ came Truth and Grace
His Message spreads across the world
A Gospel of salvation for the human race
Dear Lord, sanctify me in the Truth
Purify me in the Word You speak
May I grow ever more kind and loving
Ever more courageous, joyful and meek
For sweet is Your Word, my Father
Precious the Word that You give
Powerful in changing hearts and minds
That every soul may eternally live
I lift my heart to you, Eternal One
I sing my Father's praises all day long
How I love Him for leading me in Truth
So I share with all this glorious song
Seek the Truth, embrace its Beauty
Let it fill your heart, transform your mind
Eternal, Pure, Just, Loving and Living
So treasured is Truth when it we find
So may we walk always in Truth
May our Lord teach us His Way
For the sum of His Word is Truth
Guiding our journeys each day

Keep Praising You by Nancy Burr
Please help me through the day dear Lord,
Don't let me hide away.
Please take my hand and guide me Lord,
Exploring this new day.
Most days my body is so weak,
I always live in pain.
But Lord I want to live for You,
Please lead me from the rain.
You know my struggles, everyone,
You know when I can't cope.
Please hold me in Your loving arms,
And fill me up with hope.
When I fall down you lift me up,
When I hurt You hold me.
When nothing seems to go my way,
You stay right here beside me.
Although this pain can slow me down,
It won't keep me from You.
For You're the reason that I live,
And I'll keep praising You.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

For we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me. The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands. Psalm 138:7-8

1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. John 14:1-3

Matthew the Tax Collector
9 As Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” So he arose and followed Him. 10 Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples. 11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 12 When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.” Matthew 9:9-13

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all consolation, who consoles us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to console those who are in any affliction. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Galatians 1:3

Jesus said, “Abide in me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me.” John 15:4

DAYS GONE BY
The 'yesterdays' of our lives were not as busy as life seems to be today.
Times were simple, and so were the lifestyles of people. Yet, there was always time not only for the Lord, but also for one another. Everybody truly was "somebody" in the body of Christ, from the youngest to the oldest. Encouragement was not something that was just talked about, it was something that was done by God's people in both word and deed, in a spirit of love and truth.
Many evenings were spent visiting with friends and neighbors. It was not unusual to join in a circle of prayer and ask God's blessings on families, friends, and our country. Even the children would join in prayer and understand that God was
the One who was listening to them. Reverence and respect was a trait seen in children brought up to serve the Lord.
Today, we do not see this as we did years ago.
There were no expensive video or computer games back then, but instead; children enjoyed catching lightening bugs or playing tag and other games outside until the darkness fell. Parents didn't spend time at the theaters, dining out, or pursing the favorite hobby and entertainment, but instead; they took time for their children and family. It seemed that parents did not go any place in those days, unless they took their children with them.
Today, we see the opposite, with families hardly spending any time with one another. The result can be seen in the divorce rate in our modern day society. Yet, many people wonder what has happened and why families are not united like they used to be.
In days gone by, our forefathers saw honesty as a virtue, as we should in our day. A business deal might be sealed with only a handshake, as people trusted one another more than we see today. A man's word was important, thus, men seemed to keep their word and to watch their words, more than in today's modern society.
When there was a need in the community, or someone was sick, others reached out to help. The old party line phone would stay busy with people trying to call to see how one was doing, and to offer a helping hand. No one seemed too busy with their own life or work to reach out and care for others. If there was work to be done, friends joined in to help without expecting anything in return or complaining.
If you were a part of the family of God, Sunday was a day the whole family looked forward to all week. Once again, they could gather with others to joyfully praise and worship the Lord. All week long there was anticipation for the Lord's Day.
There was no complaint or excuses in the summer, when the weather was too hot, or in the winter; when it was cold, like we hear today.
In the summer, church windows would be open wide and the joyful sound of the old hymns of Zion could be heard by those passing by. Many a soul wandered inside when they heard believers singing of their Redeemer, and "Jesus Saves." It truly was a joyful sound.
On many days, dinner on the ground and all day singings were held. People would come for miles around and join in and sing praises to the Lord of glory. Those who had no way to church in those days had no excuse, as there were always those who welcomed an opportunity to carry others to the Lord's house. And, if you lived within a few miles, you could join others and enjoy walking to church and back home with your friends.
Times have certainly changed in our modern day society. Many of our loved ones who brought us up and taught us the ways of the Lord have gone on to be with the Lord. Our thoughts of them linger, when we think of our ancestors and the love that was in the hearts of those we still hold so dear. I sometimes wonder what some of these would think if they could see the way times have changed in this modern day and age.
Times may change, but God remains the same. His love for us will never fail. May we always put Jesus Christ first in our lives. Give thanks, today for the blessings of the Lord and that our times are in His loving hands! J. P.'s Inspirations

Dear Jesus, help us to receive your comfort in the midst of our pain, for you have borne our burdens, extended us grace, and offered us healing through your cross. In you we have hope. Grant us the wisdom, strength, and will to walk in your light instead of the world’s darkness. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 99
1 The Lord reigneth; let the people tremble: he sitteth between the cherubims; let the earth be moved. 2 The Lord is great in Zion; and he is high above all the people. 3 Let them praise thy great and terrible name; for it is holy. 4 The king's strength also loveth judgment; thou dost establish equity, thou executest judgment and righteousness in Jacob. 5 Exalt ye the Lord our God, and worship at his footstool; for he is holy. 6 Moses and Aaron among his priests, and Samuel among them that call upon his name; they called upon the Lord, and he answered them. 7 He spake unto them in the cloudy pillar: they kept his testimonies, and the ordinance that he gave them. 8 Thou answeredst them, O Lord our God: thou wast a God that forgavest them, though thou tookest vengeance of their inventions. 9 Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the Lord our God is holy.

Dear God, we ask that as we do daily tasks we may honor and glorify you. We hold the sick, the weak, the weary, the despairing before you in prayer. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply