Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2016, 10:08 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Wisdom For Today - February

February 1

Wisdom for Today
One day I woke up and suddenly realized that I knew how to stay clean and sober. As long as I walked the walk, I knew I could make it. I was no longer worried about whether I could stay that way. But this was only the beginning. As I continued to work the steps, I also found new friends in the program. I wasn’t lonely anymore. I had found a new camaraderie and fellowship. I found new relationships with my family – not all of them, but most of my family. The barriers and walls I had built had been torn down. There was a new happiness in my heart.
I also found that many of my troubles and life's problems had either disappeared or diminished to the point that they no longer bothered me. Even my shortcomings were becoming less problematic. They had not vanished into thin air, but I found that I was behaving differently and no longer relied on my defects of character as a means to cope with life. I found that I was dealing with life differently. I found that I was different. God had done a lot to change my life and me. Am I starting to see the benefits of living the program?
Meditations for the Heart
I used to be filled with alcohol and drugs. Now I am filled with my Higher Power. I carry Him on the inside. He is also all around me and walks with me on this journey called recovery. With God on the inside and on the outside, He can see me as no other can. He knows the inner workings of my heart and mind. He sees what I do and how I behave. He is there and reminds me when I still fall short. He is also there to pick me up when I stumble on the path of life. He has given me new goals in life and has shown me the way. Can I see that my Higher Power’s way is the best way?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Sometimes I get frustrated when other people don’t understand me, but You never frustrate me in this way. You know everything there is to know about me. You know me on the inside and on the outside. You know me even better than I know myself. Help me today to trust Your understanding and to look to You for guidance on this pathway of life. Let me continue to use the program in all that I do today.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply