Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > New Member Check In
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

New Member Check In Make sure to stop by here and say hello!

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-12-2015, 09:45 AM   #481
indyfedtech

Default Posting

I would like to hear what people do besides think about alcohol and not drinking. What hobbies are people involved in? What none alcohol related books are you reading. I have been wood carving off and on since I first got sober 1988. I had a lapse in sobriety for 5 yrs but have been sober since 2011. Is there a thread for hobbies and showing what people are do with their time.
indyfedtech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to indyfedtech For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2015, 10:39 PM   #482
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing, I went back to playing bridge. Sadly, because of my disability, I didn't think I could be a good partner, so haven't played for almost 4 years.

For me it has been reading, have read for years. I read a lot of recovery material and then I heard a woman say, "I relapsed because I was looking outside of myself and the program. I read every self-help book I could get my hands on. I came back to recovery and found that everything I needed in the Big Book of AA."

I am an avid curling and tennis follower. Not an active participant, just a couch potato when the games come on TV. My favourite player was Stefan Edberg from Sweden and now he is coaching Andy Murray from England. Now we have our own Canadian hopefuls, who hopefully will come into their own in the coming years.

I like Glen Howard's team, although he didn't qualify this year. He plays out of the arena of my old home town Coldwater, Ontario. Our women's champion is from Ottawa, which isn't too far from me and I have been there, so it is a little link that I have to the game and the people in it.

I use to play darts. I was an avid player and a good player. I had 9 trophies for high double ins and outs, most double ins and outs. My arthritis got so bad that the dart no longer sticks in the board. I went through a grieving process because I could no longer play a game I loved. I had a board in my home. I didn't like going to the bars to continue playing when I got sober. I couldn't stand the noise in the room after 10 p.m., I guess that means I am getting old. It isn't a safe place to be, but there was no reason to not get with friends to play cards, to play darts, or play board games.

I use to paint, but I have a tremon disorder and can no longer do that. I use to like colouring in colouring books. I found it helped ease stress.

I played several games on the internet, but now all I do is play Bejewelled 3. I have a link on my desk top, it takes me to the game, I don't interact with others, I just play the game, whether I get 3,000, 30,000, 300,000 or over 3M. It became an addiction, and I had to turn it over to my Higher Power. It is no longer an obsession. It is just a game I play at night before I got to bed, when I want to take a time out from what I am doing, and it seems to ground me. It is okay as long as I don't let it piss me off and laugh instead of cuss when I crash at a small score. It is about me and my attitude and what I bring to the occasion. Just like all things in life.

As long as I don't become compulsive and obsessive about something, it is good. I use to call myself a bridgeaholic. I love cribbage. When I first learned, if someone sat down, they found a crib board in front of them. The program is applicable to all areas of my life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #483
Ron Ebbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajestyJo View Post
Hi, my name is JoAnne, otherwise known as Majesty Jo. I hail from Ontario, Canada. Hope you will sign in and make yourself known.
Nice to meet you; glad to be here. My name is Ron E., my sobriety date is 2/24/09. I'll spend some time learning Bluidkiti. I'll "keep coming back"
Ron Ebbert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron Ebbert For Sharing:
Old 12-29-2015, 04:27 PM   #484
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome Ron, look forward to sharing with you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:09 PM   #485
bluidkiti
Administrator

Ron and everyone!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 12-31-2015, 07:52 AM   #486
clundy1

Icon25 Happy New Year

Hello: my name is Cathy , I'm just coming back and I love reading your post. I'm terrrible with with this kinda stuff ( computors) but I will try to figire it out . Anyway Happy New everyone!
clundy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to clundy1 For Sharing:
Old 12-31-2015, 09:06 AM   #487
bluidkiti
Administrator

Hi Cathy, So happy to have you join us. I hope you will continue to come and share with us. Have a great Thursday and a very Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2015, 11:26 AM   #488
richieboo

Icon18 Hello from New Jersey!

Hey, my name is Richie and I am an alcoholic. After 25 years drunk, I am 117 days sober. Life is good!
richieboo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to richieboo For Sharing:
Old 12-31-2015, 05:00 PM   #489
Cedeines

Default Me or as close as I can get

I am 42, raised in a dysfunctional split house, which I lay no burden on. I was truly loved, my father died when I was as 7 and although the visits were not regular, my father's dad loved me, I felt it to my bones every time he hugged me and I saw it in the tears every time he walked away. My issues were in his absence. I started drinking at 10ish, had my first beer with a family member by 12, we are German/polish and alcohol was part of ever family function. Fast forward... I have always maintained my career. I am a functional alcoholic. I recently quit drinking for 9 months, them... I went for a ride without my colors, I can not drink while wearing my colors, it is forbidden. And I would not stop at my old biker bar hang outs unless I was on my bike. You know the rest, those 2 beers led to 2 months of solid drinking. Then I reached out to some brothers, and bam, I was sober again... Now here I am on vacation, and the condo we have rented has one locked door, I start to think about what is behind that door. Wow, so easy to open, so I do... There sits a half gallon of kettle one, and without a second of thought I am chugging it down. I am a beast among beasts, I fear no one. But I am so weak....
Cedeines is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cedeines For Sharing:
Old 12-31-2015, 09:57 PM   #490
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome clundy1, richieboo, and Cedeines. So glad you signed in and shared with us. Hope you will keep coming to the site. The key to recovery is H.O.W. Honesty, Open Mindedness and Willingness. I often have to pray for the willingness to be willing.

I had to get honest about my disease, I had to be open minded and recognize that my way didn't work, my way brought me to where I am in today. I had to be willing to change. I had to be willing to do whatever it took to stay clean and sober.

I have a disease, the problem is me. The drugs and alcohol are but a symptom of my disease. I have an allergy, I don't metabolize things the way 'normal' do and I have a mind that is obsessive/compulsive. It is a disease that say "This time will be different." It also tells me that I don't have a disease. I looked at it as dis-ease, not comfortable in my own skin, not wanting to be me, always looking outside of myself for SOMETHING/ANYTHING that will make me feel better. I internalized my feelings and drugs and alcohol helped me to cope with life. Today, just for today, I choose not to use people, places, and things.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg graphicwelcome.jpg (37.5 KB, 0 views)

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:36 AM   #491
South Ocean Roy

Default New member

Hello group my name is Roy and i live in west palm beach and work as a drug and alcohol counselor. I have just recently found this site and i love it! A great thing to browse with my coffee and help center myself , Much more help full and positive than the blotter lol .i wish everyone a great day.
South Ocean Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to South Ocean Roy For Sharing:
Old 01-10-2016, 10:13 AM   #492
bluidkiti
Administrator

richieboo, Cedeines and Roy! I am happy to have you all join us. I hope you will continue to come and share with us here. Have a great Sunday and keep taking it one day at a time!
Old 01-10-2016, 06:19 PM   #493
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome South Ocean Roy, so glad you made the decision to join us. We have a daily check in, hope you will sign in each day and say hello!

WELCOME!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:09 PM   #494
suestevens40

Icon18 Hi

Hi!
My name is Sue and I am an alcoholic/addict. On the 15th of December I celebrated 3 years sober. It has been an amazing journey! I look forwards to learning to use the resources available on this site and to make some new connections.
suestevens40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:31 AM   #495
bluidkiti
Administrator

Hi Sue, So glad to have you join us. Congratulations on 3 years! I hope you will continue to come and share with us. Have a great Wednesday!
Post New ThreadReply