Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts

Share This Forum!  

Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts This forum is for families and friends whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking and/or drug abuse.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Part Two of Step One

Quote:
My life is unmanageable when managed by me. Yet often, when life happens and I get caught up in 'stuff' and I don't realize what is going on, until I am in it, and need to get myself out of it.

When I do the do things, pick up my phone, go on the internet, read my books, do a meditation and talk to my God, things come into their true perspective.

There is a great quote in Courage to Change from Al-Anon which gave me the thought for discussion.

If problems arise today, I will try to acknowledge them - and then put a little spiritual space between my problems and myself. If I can share them with another person, I will further diminish their power. Recognizing that my life is unmanageable is the first step toward managing it.

"...when we bring things out into the light, they lose their power over us."

...In All Our Affairs.
Posted in 2010 on another site

My life is unmanageable when I put my life on hold waiting for someone else to make a decision.

My life is unmanageable when I don't practice putting more balance in my life. When everything is all computer, it isn't healthy. Even though I balance my time between several sites, I don't think that counts.

My life is unmanageable when I allow my pain to rule my life. When I give up doing and just let my pain dictate my actions, my life is unmanageable.

My life is unmangeable when I do everything at once and don't balance my day. Like this week, I was in for three days because of the weather and then I had to play catch up. It would have been much more manageable to do things Wednesday and Thursday.

My life is unmanageable when I don't accept what is in the moment, no matter 'what ' is. I don't have to like it, but I do need to accept it before I can move beyond it.

My lfie is unmanageable when I don't write things down and write reminders and then forget where I put the reminder or forget the list. Fibromyalgia has a way of doing that to me. I think I have paid, but have only thought of doing and I didn't follow up the thought with action.

I get the thought to take something out for supper. If I don't act on it, it is gone and when dinner time comes, nothing is thawed.

It isn't a whole lot unmanageable like it was prior to recovery. I no longer have to rob Peter to pay Paul because I drank the money. I don't have to make partial payments because I spent the money on others things.

My life is unmanageable when managed by me. If my God leads me to it, He will see me through it. Doesn't look manageable and doable sometimes, but it is amazing how things turn out sometimes.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply